Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

F S B Click-Hell-Nerf

give us the ability to pull 1 item with a keybind:

alt/shift/ctrl + click or w/e of that sort that does not require any drags or selecting amounts, just a hotkey and clicks or keybind alone will also work 

Why? - pulling items from fsb in bulk when cooking is H E L L, this way if you need 5 thimes you spam that keybind over the stack of 100,000 thymes and it pulls 5 thymes out.. instead of dragging from fsb to inventory and selecting the amount you need, it's not much but it's lazy alternative

Cooking needs something to speed up the pulling of ingredients from the fsb...

+1

• Like 4

Would be nice if we would be able to customize a Macro of actions for these kinds of purposes.

Example of macro customization.

1. Pull 1x Thyme from fsb.

2. 1.  Pull meat (bear).

3. Pull 1x corn

4. Pull 1x Salt

5. Drop previous items in frying pan.

6. Pull kindling from FSB #1

7. Light Oven with kindling.

8. Done.

Actions completed. I know some people are going to say "yeah but that takes all the work from cooking in Wurm", to which we could reply, what work? After you 500th pizza, it's just a drag/drop chore.

One could argue that it would automatize cooking. But I think it should be an option unlocked maybe when you cook the same recipe 100x and you have a minimum of 50 cooking or maybe 70. In real life after repeating the same actions we are able to do them even when completely exhausted, due to muscle memory.

Maybe it would expand the cooking system. Alternatively using "Macro cooking mode" could have the downside of not giving any skill.

You feed yourself, but no skillgain from chopping, cooking, grinding etc. 

I can't even count the number of meals I've done RL in zombie mode due to long hours of work, simply because I've cooked them hundreds of times. I didn't even have to think about chopping or washing the veggies and there I was, watching myself in cinematic mode doing each action due to habit.

Edited by elentari
  • Like 1

I like the above idea, but through the wurm client rather than a third party software

we could even name them "habits" instead of macros

A key modifier to drag one of an item would be a fairly solid addition, Shift drag but for bulk things.

@elentari I don't know about the sequencing that seems like a bridge too far. Having a retrieve item x from hovered over fsb or something might be on but having a sequence that then goes on to pulling kindling from a different container would be a nightmare to create.  The instance of drop previous though that could be something to prod at. Drop active to hovered, drop from container to hovered, drop x of each from highlighted stacks to hovered 

"yeah but that takes all the work from cooking in Wurm"

The response to this should always be: Struggling with the UI is not gameplay. Fight me.

Edited by RollyPolly
  • Like 1

So you want an extension of the shift-drag feature? as that would make the most sense to expand that feature to include bulk container objects and not just standalone items

Right now i just drag 100 items into a satchel and then shift drag the selected items into pans and such from the satchel instead of fsb but skipping the satchel would be good

+1

maybe Pull_number , it would be useful for other stuff tooo

Maybe add two new take quantity options

Take <item name> <keybind>

Take-X <item name>

Where  is the previously specified quantity when using the Take-X option.

Or just have shift drag work for FSBs, crates and BSBs.

+/- 0