Sign in to follow this  
Ignacius

So....source code?

Now that development and updates for Wurm Unlimited are officially a thing of the past and new versions will not be released, can we get a proper repository of *.java files for the server, client, and common JARs?

The best reasons I was ever given for this modloader garbage was to greatly reduce the chances of issues when the official devs modify the code. Which I understood pretty well. But now the official devs won't be modifying the code.

Turns out even Rolf himself said an API would be made...

But that never happened.

So, if updates are finished for Wurm Unlimited, the code won't change anyway, isn't it the least you could do, to do right by the modding community and make it accessible?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ignacius said:

So, if updates are finished for Wurm Unlimited, the code won't change anyway, isn't it the least you could do, to do right by the modding community and make it accessible?

From modding discord: 

f1aCx16.png

• Like 1

Would be really nice that way we dont have to rely on decompilers to get mostly working code so that we can either look at things/make mods that modify existing code

For the longest time i held onto hope that an api would be made as they said it would and then again when they said it again when saying "we are dropping content updates" but hey its wurm cant expect too much from things they dont care about either way i hope it will happen soon as its not like it would be that hard for them to make a github to put the wu code on with a proper license

they won't release the source code, you are just dreaming if you think they will.

I honestly hope they stop doing updates to WU and don't even add that last patch they had in Beta for like 6 months.

It adds nothing to the game that is useful IMHO.

On 7/22/2020 at 3:37 AM, Cuddles said:

they won't release the source code, you are just dreaming if you think they will.

I honestly hope they stop doing updates to WU and don't even add that last patch they had in Beta for like 6 months.

It adds nothing to the game that is useful IMHO.

Lighting a fire without steel and flint not useful? SMFH. To be specific I'm talking about the "Ember" Transfer method.

Edited by MystLeissa
Previous Misedit