Sign in to follow this  
stickher

Reddit post for steam launch

-----------------click actual text link for reddit page.---------------------

Here i made a reddit post about wurm online coming to steam. Its an attempt to get more people to know about the launch. The more up votes it gets on reddit the more people who will see it. Also the more people who view the youtube video will have the same effect. If your interested in recruiting more people to our community like and comment on the post/ =D

Edited by stickher

I tried to make one in /r/games a week ago, but they deleted it.

Twice.

Upvotes.  4 points (83% upvoted)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

13 minutes ago, atazs said:

There is a wurmonline subreddit

Yes but the people who visit there are the ones who already have heard of wurmonline

1 hour ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Twice.

Yup. Same here, posted the new trailer an hour ago, got 25 upvotes, post was removed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Twice.

thats why reddit is trash, just mods going on power trips since they have none in their pathetic lives

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeston said:

thats why reddit is trash, just mods going on power trips since they have none in their pathetic lives

I quit Reddit a while ago, Discord and Twitter are all I need for gaming stuff.

2 hours ago, Jeston said:

I imagine the issue with the posts people keep posting is that they come off as advertising. That's not really what r/games is for.

1 hour ago, Razorblade said:

I imagine the issue with the posts people keep posting is that they come off as advertising. That's not really what r/games is for.

Yet reposting the officier SWOTOR twitter announcing that "Available NOW: SWOTOR is now on Steam" is different.

I guess. 

14 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Yet reposting the officier SWOTOR twitter announcing that "Available NOW: SWOTOR is now on Steam" is different.

I guess. 

Your two posts literally say why they were removed. Rule 3.2 - Broken link and Rule 6.2 - Don't change the title.

Edited by Razorblade

Shrug, unless you are SWOTOR, then  "changing the title"  is A-Okay. Same with Risk of Rain announcing itself on Steam, Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break Launch trailer, same with two thirds of the rest there. 

No problem, I get it, as you say "that's not really what /r/games is for".  

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

7 hours ago, Jeston said:

thats why reddit is trash

It's a blatant ad, for a re-release of a 15 years old game, that was never more than extremely niche, and even inside that niche they managed to alienate a good chunk of players that could be interested in their product. 

You'll have to excuse reddit for not being overly excited about it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Twice.

Games has extremely strict rules about post formatting and promotional material. If your account has more than 10% of your content linking to a specific site then the post gets auto-moderated and deleted. You can see the /r/Games rules here. Not saying I agree with it, just informing.

The best course of action is to wait until launch day, link directly to the Steam page, and doing it from an active Reddit account. Alternatively, as mentioned in their rules, a advertisement on reddit is a possibility for CodeClub.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bdew said:

It's a blatant ad, for a re-release of a 15 years old game, that was never more than extremely niche, and even inside that niche they managed to alienate a good chunk of players that could be interested in their product. 

You'll have to excuse reddit for not being overly excited about it.

why stick around and kick this dead horse? What do you stand to gain? You’re justifiably upset at the developers but now you’re trying to disrupt the players and it comes across as very bitter.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chakron said:

why stick around and kick this dead horse? What do you stand to gain? You’re justifiably upset at the developers but now you’re trying to disrupt the players and it comes across as very bitter.

What is so disruptive in what i posted? I just stated some facts in a reply to someone calling reddit "trash".

I am bitter but this has nothing to do with it.

I’m more referring to your post in the Reddit thread, sorry if that wasn’t clear. I guess I can understand if you want to detract players from playing on the new servers based on your experiences

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chakron said:

I’m more referring to your post in the Reddit thread, sorry if that wasn’t clear. I guess I can understand if you want to detract players from playing on the new servers based on your experiences

I just want people to be aware of what they are getting into and what can they expect from the company (and their new owners).

6 minutes ago, bdew said:

I just want people to be aware of what they are getting into and what can they expect from the company (and their new owners).

Your misleading statements about the end of support for a game after 4 years (which many games out there do) are disappointing to see continue. 

This is not about a spinoff game no longer being updated. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

Your misleading statements about the end of support for a game after 4 years (which many games out there do) are disappointing to see continue. 

This is not about a spinoff game no longer being updated. 

What exactly was misleading in any of my posts here or in that reddit thread? Can you quote anything i said that isn't true?

Edited by bdew

And I thought I was the one that was going to get this thread cleaned up/locked. Anyway I don’t see the “win” condition for your battle but I hope you find peace!

12 minutes ago, bdew said:

What exactly was misleading in any of my posts here or in that reddit thread? Can you quote anything i said that isn't true?

Now they abandoned Wurm Unlimited and instead releasing this version of the game on steam that is an "MMO" (questionably, because 400 concurrent players online at prime time doesn't really make an MMO), with a subscription + P2W cash shop and no modding.

It is a MMO game, MMORPG to be exact. Your opinion about number of players making it MMO or not is just biased.

Second part is misleading, couse shop isn't P2W.  It is not P2W, even if you can buy tons of silver and then buy tons of good items from players. You still need develop skills of your toon.

Not to mention that on those two new servers, wich is the point of reddit topic, you won't be able to buy a thing from players couse they won't have any stuff to sell for a long time.

I think you just wanted to whine about WU being abandoned and then all bad about WO couse of that.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

It is a MMO game, MMORPG to be exact. Your opinion about number of players making it MMO or not is just biased.

To me the "massively multiplayer" part of "MMORPG" should stand for something more than a few hundred players at once. I've seen bigger minecraft servers lol. But that was a side tangent of my post, and put in braces to mark it as such.

11 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Second part is misleading, couse shop isn't P2W.

That's like your opinion man.

My opinion is that it's very much P2W. And i explained thoroughly in that post why i think so. You can disagree or argue with it, but it's not misleading in any way.

1 minute ago, bdew said:

To me the "massively multiplayer"

1 minute ago, bdew said:

Your opinion about number of players making it MMO or not is just biased.

2 minutes ago, bdew said:

My opinion is that it's very much P2W. And i explained thoroughly in that post why i think so. You can disagree or argue with it, but it's not misleading in any way.

Then I guess then it's just opinion vs opinion, not a fact.

And I explained why it isn't true P2W shop, couse it requires additional factors like skills.