Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

When will the switch to new UI happen?

And will it be impossible to use the old UI then? There is still an unresolved issue that on some computers, the new UI does not start.

Switching to new UI on Friday without an alternative would mean locking users out.

• Like 1

I expected them to release the UI before friday so they could concentrate on handling potential issues with the Steam launch without having to worry about the new UI at the same time.

2 hours ago, Ekcin said:

And will it be impossible to use the old UI then? There is still an unresolved issue that on some computers, the new UI does not start.

Switching to new UI on Friday without an alternative would mean locking users out.

Sounds like a driver issue, do you have the latest Nvidia drivers? That GPU should work with up to OpenGL 4.5, GLSL 1.5 corresponds to OpenGL 3.2, so that should work with that system.

Edited by Ecrir

If it were a driver issue, the recent UI would not work either. To my impression, the new UI client is misperceiving the graphics controller and trying to access the intel onboard gpu - and fails. That is so far only a preliminary impression. and I am no java expert at all. I tried to give more analysis to the devs, but did not receive any feedback. My concern is that the recent client will be switched off, and so will be a considerable part of my WO access.

Edited by Ekcin

The new UI client together with some fixes will be the default by Friday, but the old client will still be accessible through the choose client dialogue.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ekcin said:

If it were a driver issue, the recent UI would not work either. To my impression, the new UI client is misperceiving the graphics controller and trying to access the intel onboard gpu - and fails. That is so far only a preliminary impression. and I am no java expert at all. I tried to give more analysis to the devs, but did not receive any feedback. My concern is that the recent client will be switched off, and so will be a considerable part of my WO access.

Ah, I've had such issues with java as well, for example with minecraft. Usually you can force a game to use the Nvidia GPU instead of the on board intel one through the Nvidia control panel.

I believe it should be under: Manage 3D Settings => Preferred graphics processor (in the settings list). Then pick High performance Nvidia processor there.

I usually just configure that under Global Settings on that page so it applies that as default for all games.

It might be that this is currently configured for the old client, but not the new client, thus one works fine and the other doesn't.

I started the new GUI with a priest alt and the old GUI with my main.

The new GUI has potential, but why does everything have to be so big?

Is there any way to reduce text size and fight window size?

• Like 1

I'm not able to play using the normal client (with the old UI), after playing with the new UI. First the client wouldn't launch, so I reinstalled it, and now I just log into a world that won't load.

Anyone else experienced this?

Want to announce that thanks to Samool, the issue is resolved, and my box is running with the new UI too (tested on test client), will certainly be implemented when new UI goes productive. Thanks a lot.

• Like 4

Hopefully one of those fixes will be the golden mirror because that will be an otherwise first bad impression is players new to Wurm cant customize the appearance of their characters.