Sign in to follow this  
Caduryn

Charakter delete

Please..... for the love of God....

Finally allow the delete of Premium-Charakters....

It is just stupid and has no point NOT being able to, and i already run out of my Names and i dont want to use "Random Bob" Names....

• Like 1

It would be nice if we could request a current character we have on the old servers to be wiped completely to allow it to be restarted on the Steam server. A limited period handled by GMs like the trader moves. 

Edited by LionIX

I'm not 100% an expert on this (although I do work with databases for a living at the moment), but If there wasn't the risk of database corruption due to the deletion of chars, I would be for this. There would have to be a "safe" way for this to happen, otherwise we could be in for a nasty nasty time for everyone if not careful.

Edited by Lotus1

This has been addressed in another thread, there will be NO char deletion as it would corrupt the database

Well thats..... im shocked....

Can i atleast request a Charakter-Name-change then....?

You couldn’t set all skills to 1.0, Change silver balance to 0 and teleport character to new server portal? That’s not deletion. 

Give it up guys,, your beating a dead horse... No they cant change your name or transfer you to the new server, if you wish to play on the new server you MUST create a NEW char

as someone who has caused Retro some grief im sure your going to make his hair turn grey with all the multiple arguments across a dozen threads about this

...I am sorry cuz i wish i could get the Lumpygravy name again also

36 minutes ago, LionIX said:

You couldn’t set all skills to 1.0, Change silver balance to 0 and teleport character to new server portal? That’s not deletion. 

There's a lot more to it than just that. You have all the items the char has, the animals cared for, carts, wagons, ships, friendships, logs, items made by the character, silver, etc. Then there's the fact that there's both Epic and Freedom (which there might not even be a char of your name on one of them if you never logged in there, another hazard in itself).

Let me ask you this: Would you rather have character be able to be deleted or everyone's items, skills, everything corrupted? Everything you ever paid for in game gone. Your choice. Lose hundreds? Some people losing thousands? Just for a name change? Do you really want to risk that? lol

Edited by Lotus1

1 hour ago, Caduryn said:

Well thats..... im shocked....

Can i atleast request a Charakter-Name-change then....?

Unfortunately no, we do not offer name changes on request.

Just a thought, if a non-premium character can be deleted after 90 days of inactivity, there must be a safe way to delete characters, if there is some flag set on a premium character, that prevents deletion, maybe let players to toggle this flag manually, e.g. by using a command in game, so they can be deleted after 90 days like non-premium ones? 

2 hours ago, LumpyGravy said:

..I am sorry cuz i wish i could get the Lumpygravy name again also

I propose Gravylumps

or maybe Moonunit or Zootallures for the Zappa memories ...

Sheikyerbouti and you can even keep the avatar

(I only just now realized that was probably a play on "Shake Your Booty"...)

Sheik_Yerbouti.jpeg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors