Sign in to follow this  
Hektor

Wurm Online Steam

I disagree. Back when I played. There was no tutorial. You just start game in start city. And go nothing was explain at all. Tho it was more players than now. My second playtime when it was with tutorial a lot of islands and full or fances. Back than 10 euro was super expensive for me. Eventually when I paid for 1 month to use boat it was taken away by GM so I quit. My friends quit aswell. Sub price is a bit like Taxes. It has to be balanced. Lower price will bring more players. Higher price will choke down numbers of players. + snowball effect. Less player = even less players to play. Even less people to pay. There are dozens games with 500 players with even higher sub prices. But there are also a games that are "free to play" Tho avarage player spend more money in those games than any subs games.

Edit. Wurm Unlimited it was something I dont understand until now. It just kill pop even more. If someone can explain me why they did Wurm Unlimited

Edit 2 About complexicity. Eve Online is much more complex than Wurm online. And even tho this game is bad in many aspect imo and currenlty trying to milk some money out of it. It still has quite healthy pop

Edited by Hektor

GM's never took my stuff from me. You probably took someones boat, to do that you need to play on pvp server. And subscription price never was issue. Not long ago it was 2 sivers for first month of subscription, and it doesnt increased playerbase at all. Snowball effect is why im here. I dont want throw my stuff in trash can when new patch comes in.

I explained in 1th Playtime. What happend. Then again when something happend to me GM didnt help.  Also if you assume someone is not telling the truth from beginning. Means you are not reffering to problem I pointed out.

Example I bought laptop about year ago.  It broke out 6 days later. I send back to get new one. Company didnt send me a new one for month.  While it was againts the law. I asked on forum What I can do. People assumed I broke laptop and I should get lawsuit for trying scam xD. There were also a bit of racism but I dont want to bother you with details. I got new laptop after a month with appologies from USA departament because UK want didnt want to respond.   But yea its lack of perception if you assume right away. But lets finish at this.

2 silver for first month its after 15 years? Its way too late. It should be offered from start of the servers not while its long time dead. Atm nothing will safe legacy servers. Unless complete wipe or complete change of mechanics. But that wont happend to expensive to change much. And those legacy players they stay because they have so much stuff in.  I dont know if you remember this game "Ogame". In this game you just play until you lose all your fleet. Losing it it feel like get out of prison.

Snowball efect in games have to be a balance it. If 50 players claim most of the lands and wealth. There will be no new player. And the only reason why those 50 player still play is just to have things.  But everybody want more players. Everybody knows this is game design.

You belong on a PvP server. It'll be like your 3rd time, except with more players this time around.. I hope?

• Like 1

Yea Hope its a good word. This if first time Wurm Online will start a fresh server and its public. So there is hope the numbers of players will remain high enough that new player will join older stop playing. 

One also warries me that they combine PvE with PvP.  Like it was with Chaos. People kill dragons on PvE then move to PvP kill and destory. Once pulndered place they just take all those items to thier PvE homes. I think it doesnt be possible to transfer.

Epic server had idea of 4 island 3 for each faction and 1 middle for pvp. Idea wasnt bad. Again amount of players compare to size of those lands was biggest issue.

What was also missing in Epic server  was economical reasons to go to other island and fight.  Such us critical resources. One island could have high amount of gold other silver (assuming they are equally value) Other could have Salt or anything valueblue. Make those materials extremly important. Cross island trade would make sense. Invading Would make sense. Ships active. Means people can set traps.

1 hour ago, Hektor said:

One also warries me that they combine PvE with PvP.  Like it was with Chaos. People kill dragons on PvE then move to PvP kill and destory. Once pulndered place they just take all those items to thier PvE homes. I think it doesnt be possible to transfer.

Epic server had idea of 4 island 3 for each faction and 1 middle for pvp. Idea wasnt bad. Again amount of players compare to size of those lands was biggest issue.

It won't be completely like that. In the FAQ it's mentioned that there won't be item transfers between the PvE and PvP server, only skill transfers. So there'd be no point for the PvP crowd to kill dragons on the other server as they can't move the loot to the PvP server. Though they could probably sell the loot on the PvE server and take the silver with them, so I guess there's that. So also no plundering and then taking the loot to the PvE server.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ecrir said:

It won't be completely like that. In the FAQ it's mentioned that there won't be item transfers between the PvE and PvP server, only skill transfers. So there'd be no point for the PvP crowd to kill dragons on the other server as they can't move the loot to the PvP server. Though they could probably sell the loot on the PvE server and take the silver with them, so I guess there's that. So also no plundering and then taking the loot to the PvE server.

I really like this actually. Like REALLY like this. To me, that's been one of the major issues: the pvp players are the ones that kill a lot of the uniques on the pve servers. Maybe we can actually have more balance in terms of hunting parties for once (although I'm not holding my breath entirely there lol)

2 hours ago, Hektor said:

Yea Hope its a good word. This if first time Wurm Online will start a fresh server and its public. So there is hope the numbers of players will remain high enough that new player will join older stop playing. 

What was also missing in Epic server  was economical reasons to go to other island and fight.  Such us critical resources. One island could have high amount of gold other silver (assuming they are equally value) Other could have Salt or anything valueblue. Make those materials extremly important. Cross island trade would make sense. Invading Would make sense. Ships active. Means people can set traps.

Items will not transfer between the PvE and PvP servers. Skills will do, but only non combat ones. So they still have to re grind combat skills on PvE

Thats a good thing. Both items and fighting skill can be much easiter obtain on pve than pvp.

I played yesterday on epic to check changes.  Somebody said items now have 100% chance of crafting. I dont see any change in that regard I still have 50-60% chance to craft something. 3rd view its very nice add it help to feel like not being alone.

I dont know whats wrong but me and my friend was attacked by hyana. And we were stand no chance againts it. I have all fighting skill caped at 20 I have sword quality 76 with 4 enchants and I have plate armour. Even tho we cant kill anything and lost so much time. Anaconda killed 1 guard before it died from 4 guards. Those mobs are empowered on epic compare to other  server? I also met a lot of players coming back after many years also a new players waiting for steam pvp server. All have same worry. Population that is

4 hours ago, Hektor said:

Thats a good thing. Both items and fighting skill can be much easiter obtain on pve than pvp.

I played yesterday on epic to check changes.  Somebody said items now have 100% chance of crafting. I dont see any change in that regard I still have 50-60% chance to craft something. 3rd view its very nice add it help to feel like not being alone.

I dont know whats wrong but me and my friend was attacked by hyana. And we were stand no chance againts it. I have all fighting skill caped at 20 I have sword quality 76 with 4 enchants and I have plate armour. Even tho we cant kill anything and lost so much time. Anaconda killed 1 guard before it died from 4 guards. Those mobs are empowered on epic compare to other  server? I also met a lot of players coming back after many years also a new players waiting for steam pvp server. All have same worry. Population that is

You only get 100% on these items:

Plank
Shaft
Rivets 
Stone brick 
String of cloth 
Large nails 
Small nails 
Rope 
Stone slab 
Hunting arrow head 
Thatch 
Clay brick 
Clay shingle 
Pottery shingle 
Wood shingle 
Yarn 
Rounded stone 

You are also weaker on Epic. 50 str on Epic isn't the same as 50str on Freedom for example.

Edited by atazs