Sign in to follow this  
Hektor

Wurm Online Steam

Hi. Last time I played wurm it was 2014. Now I would like to come back to wurm online on steam.  To be more prepered I would like ask a few questions to players who played since 2014 until now.

But first I will explain why I quit the game in 2014. To respect your time I did short version. If you dont want waste time on reading long story.

Short Version

1th

- Unfair GM

2th

- Unfair GM

- Landlords all over a world

3th

- No players (many reasons)

Long Version

1th Timeplay       I played wurm almost since launch. Where most items were bags with question marks. It was pve small island I think it was later change to noob island. On that server I played quite  awhile.  On that island not far from my base I found unfinished rowing boat. Which missed all parts. Since Start unfinished rowing boat was extream task. ( I need to have two fallen try combine together to start boat and it has like 4% chance and each failour require me to cut new trees) I just use this unfinished boat. I finish building which takes me so many hours. Then I went for a trip. However laster on like a week. I couldnt find my boat. I did contant with GM. He said he take away a boat. Because I steal it from someone. And It was againts rules on that server. I explain to him what happend. He said he doesnt care. He said on boat its someone else name. Back then who ever start unfinished boat it will be his name on it regardless if he put any material to start building it. I was very upset about. But I decide to keep playing. Then shortly after. I log in to find out my whole base was robbed. I contact with GM and he said. He didnt found any tracks so yea I will not get back my stuff. Then I rage quited game

2th Timeplay    It was few years later. I decide to play with friend on PvE server. I think it was independence. First thing we notice in game . Its Landlord game now. every inch of land is claimed and covered with fances. We had to travel a very far distance. To find any unclaimed land. We died few times in process and lost so much time. While I was coming back from spawn point to our base about 2h travel. I found a small island with cart on it. I peek in to check whats inside. And I found few usefull items. And one of them was legendary 2h sword with frostbite dragon slayer. I was oh cool. We can kill spiders in our base and finnaly dont need to die every few hours. So we did. We killed spiders and start building house. After few days. Someone whisper me to give him sword back.  I said I dont have any sword. Which was a lie. Then I pass it to My friend. Then he after few mintues said my friend has it. He teleported to us kill my friend and take sword. We ragequit game. And decide to never come back.

3th Timeplay I decided to play again this time on Epic. And I found this quite nice. Because of faster skill ups. I join guild. And I played a bit with them. Until population drop to 10 ppl at  server. Eventually n1 play anymore. So I quit

Questions

• Skilling rates are the same like (like 2th which is like 2012-2013) ? That's one of biggest reasons.Why most people quit game. While some skill ups time make sense BlackSmith i.e but other such as ?Forestry" doesn't why I need harvest an apple 500times to make a decent quality apple :D? Does that many any sense to you?
  • GM's will be corrupted ? Small games have this issue less populated servers. Wurm Unlimited isnt that much different. Those Private servers belong to GM. Same on Public those GM played on public and use power for own benefit. While not helping others accordingly to code.
  • What are Major Changes since 2014-2020? All I notice is just more food more walls more chairs. It seems like game was redesign to be second minecraft. I know a game creator was working with Notch from minecraft.  I assume He was very unhappy to see. How his project is so financially unsuccsefsul compare to Minecraft. So Im afraid that main focus now its to make it minecraft mmo. It wasn't original idea. I want play pvp with pve. I dont want make house and fancy chairs. PvP  make game interactive. Without it population will drop again.
  • Wurm Online on Steam will have subscription? I hope not. I wish to bring as many friends into a game. But this 10 euro per month for such a game its waay to much for majority players.

Edited by shakys
Moderation edit
  • Like 1

Yea It wasn't because I clicked enter by mistake while typing 😛. I did ask questions. Just check first message. Its Edited

Edited by Hektor
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hektor said:

Yea It wasn't because I clicked enter by mistake while typing 😛

Understandable.

Edited by Melros

31 minutes ago, Hektor said:

Questions

• Skilling rates are the same like (like 2th which is like 2012-2013) ? That's one of biggest reasons.Why most people quit game. While some skill ups time make sense BlackSmith i.e but other such as ?Forestry" doesn't why I need harvest an apple 500times to make a decent quality apple :D? Does that many any sense to you?
  • GM's will be corrupted ? Small games have this issue less populated servers. Wurm Unlimited isnt that much different. Those Private servers belong to GM. Same on Public those GM played on public and use power for own benefit. While not helping others accordingly to code.
  • What are Major Changes since 2014-2020? All I notice is just more food more walls more chairs. It seems like game was redesign to be second minecraft. I know a game creator was working with Notch from minecraft.  I assume He was very unhappy to see. How his project is so financially unsuccsefsul compare to Minecraft. So Im afraid that main focus now its to make it minecraft mmo. It wasn't original idea. I want play pvp with pve. I dont want make house and fancy chairs. PvP  make game interactive. Without it population will drop again.
  • Wurm Online on Steam will have subscription? I hope not. I wish to bring as many friends into a game. But this 10 euro per month for such a game its waay to much for majority players.

1. The new servers will have same skilling rates as Freedom which sounds like what you played on 1st and 2nd times.
  2. Never had any bad experiences with a GM on this game after 8 years of playing.
  3. There are a lot of changes... too many to list. Most important probably are reworks of cooking, bridges, multi story buildings, better animations, improved UI, combat changes, rifts....
  4. It will have the same premium price and can only play for free up to 20 skill.

The skill system is the same but creating certain materials has been made easier, and now some have a guaranteed 100% creation chance

You have to pay premium. I never understood people who complain about how it's too much. How else do you expect the developers to get money to develop the game? You can pay premium with ingame currency without ever paying real money.

Land around the spawn area is bound to be taken by others, you need to go further out. You can also join someone else if you don't want to and you can teleport to their place.

Edited by atazs

1. That's not encouraging. Imo some skills should be changed. Im fine with grind. But even for me its too slow for some skills. But most players will be not acceptable

2. I played with two different friends. Each of us had bad experiance. I assume it depends if you cross a GM property. But yea its most unfair experinance from GM for us. In Most games GM dont care to do anything.

3. Multi story buildings what it is :D? And Rifts ?

3.5 I heard about fatigue system is that new?

4. I think skill cap should be increased to 30 atleast. Especially for primary stats. I think game start with almost 20 body etc.  Price it self is too high. WoW sub its same price. It should be possible to atleast pay with in game work. But this would require a healthy

population on the servers. 1-3 Months trials should be given for start of the game. imho

If you buy premium once, and grind skills above 20, they will stay above 20 (but caps out at 30) even after your premium runs out

You already have an unlimited trial of the game. It's supposed to show you what the game is like to play to see if you enjoy it and want to pay for it. Does the trial for World of Warcraft let you experience the whole game and let you go to max level? No it doesn't, it has a lot of limitations, just like Wurm. Except in Wurm, it doesn't have an expiry date, and you can use your silvers earned in game to pay premium. 

Buying premium does not change how the overall will game play. You can even make your own deed as a non premium. 

Edited by atazs

2 minutes ago, Hektor said:

1. That's not encouraging. Imo some skills should be changed. Im fine with grind. But even for me its too slow for some skills. But most players will be not acceptable

2. I played with two different friends. Each of us had bad experiance. I assume it depends if you cross a GM property. But yea its most unfair experinance from GM for us. In Most games GM dont care to do anything.

3. Multi story buildings what it is :D? And Rifts ?

3.5 I heard about fatigue system is that new?

4. I think skill cap should be increased to 30 atleast. Especially for primary stats. I think game start with almost 20 body etc.  Price it self is too high. WoW sub its same price. It should be possible to atleast pay with in game work. But this would require a healthy

population on the servers. 1-3 Months trials should be given for start of the game. imho

Cap for characteristics is kinda increased to 30, once you go premium and grind them to 30+ when you go unprem, they stay capped to 30.. can't grind them to 30 without premium though...

I think you have too much prejudeces over your bad expirience and I suggest that you let them go, try the game and if you don't like it just quit again. Game has progressed a lot over the years(mostly because developers payed by subscription provide new content constantly if i may notice) both visualy and in other ways, but it's still a niche game that isn't for everyone. there are still a lot of skills that are not reasonable or usefull much to grind. Fatigue system is old thing and unless you're lunatic playing 12 hours a day you want be bothered with it.

27 minutes ago, atazs said:

The skill system is the same but creating certain materials has been made easier, and now some have a guaranteed 100% creation chance

You have to pay premium. I never understood people who complain about how it's too much. How else do you expect the developers to get money to develop the game? You can pay premium with ingame currency without ever paying real money.

Land around the spawn area is bound to be taken by others, you need to go further out. You can also join someone else if you don't want to and you can teleport to their place.

1. 100% creation chance. Thats sound better i guess. Quality is still very important factor? If I create item of quality 20-30 how much inferior will be to 80-90?

2. What was a difference between Epic and freedom servers in skill ratio?

3. For me 10euro now its nothing. But for a lot of players yes. And  we need a lot of players.  And lets be honest for majority players this game its not AAA game. Most people will give very little chance to this game. Especially with such price.

3. I think it was possible to pay with 10 silvers right? Last time remember on Epic. I had 10silvers. But I also remember how stupid it worked. If Im wrong correct me. I remember crafting just 1 item all the time. So Later I just go to NPC trader and try. To sell

to him. If he had coins then he buy it. But thats not a way to do it.  One of best example I can came up with its wow Classic atm. So players at high lvls they have more gold. Same in Wurm you have high skill you craft high quality and sell for more.

And now those new players or players who dont have much time to play. They fill gap in markets. Those low lvls in wow farm low lvl mats which are in need and always will. If you now decide to start playing wow. You can became rich and afford sub. By filling gaps in market. This come back to my first issue with skill ratio at some professions. I will stick to those apple. Why would high lvl player bother to go and harvest all his apple tress. It should be more efficient for him to pay a new player to do this for him. And He focus on selling or produce something from apples

Edited by Hektor

This 30 skill up. Its a new. Back when I played. I did skillup above 20 while premium.Once run out. they were capped at 20. Which was a big deal. As alot of things was only possible at 24 or 26. I think boat stuff etc mind 21 was for boat i think

So thats good.

20-30quality items will most likely not sell, unless they are rare, supreme or fantastic.

Selling things to traders will not get you any money. You need to sell to other players.

Almost nobody plays on Epic, so if you are after playing with people, don't bother with it. Epic also has little to no economy.

You can pay 5 silver for 15 days or 10 for 30 days of premium.

And while it is true that the higher your skill is, the easier it is to make money, you can still sell bulk materials, or do work for other players where your skill doesn't matter: digging for people, selling dirt, bricks, planks etc... Or pay premium once or twice to get your skills up and gather enough money in the process to pay for future premiums.

Edited by atazs

About lands claim. Its unhealthy. People claim a big lands  which are dead. I had to travel with friends across lands with no players just fances. It should be balance it. So big lands only make sense if there is a lot of active players.

I log back to wurm. And I see a big buildings with a lot of land. And there is 0 players. It just minecraft where you can show off to others :D. I think thats a fate of PvE. Which is fine. I understand some players just want build fancy houses. And have peace.

It just doenst feel natural. Logically doesnt make sense. And make game a town of ghosts.

I dont remember those things to be easy to sell. Yea dirt yes. But bricks planks even digging ppl prefered to do on own to skill up. Dirt is a different as some projects need a lot of it and while being on such project you are most likely skilled digger.So you just need dirt. While bricks and planks are not need in such amounts. Remember it will be a fresh start. People will not build 20km2 fancy house for 10th time. So everybody will be skilling up.

So there will be little way to get silver. After some time yes. But until then Population need to stay high enough. So I still think for first month or few it should remain free. To bring more players. So lords can develop and pay peasant silvers for thier hard work.

Except people will. Bricks and planks will be in extreme demand in the beginning because everyone will be building their deeds and want to build their deeds/get established and claim the best areas as fast as possible to get ahead of others, before focusing on skilling. 

There will be a lot of people returning who haven't played for a long time, thus they will unlikely to care to skill up quickly. You are one of them already.

Edited by atazs

But those people will have a limited amount of silver at start right? I think we can buy 10 silvers = 1 month for 13 Euro? Which means overall it will be small amount of silver in game. But price of month will be the same. That means those new players will be

unable to get enough silver for thier work to pay a sub.

What I want. I want Rich players (in real life) to pay real money into a game. Pay poor players for ingame service. So they can safe thier precious time on things they want more. And yes its in a game right.Now But it wasnt and I think its still not enough balance in to keep population high. Which make game dead all the time. Start of the server is very important. It should be boosted up. To keep as many player as possible. Game was always forward old players. Who been granted gifts and game balance is forward them for years. Which make population problem bigger and bigger.

35 minutes ago, Hektor said:

What I want. I want Rich players (in real life) to pay real money into a game.

You cant say rich players what to do actually, its their decision. 

You also right about that new players (and not rich) can have bad times on launch, bc there will not be big amounts of silver in market at first times. But it will stabilize over time. First month will be good for those who will pay, and its not bad - wurm is not about month, its about years. And also if rich players establish good - they not leave and will want to buy services and such from other players.

1 hour ago, atazs said:

If you buy premium once, and grind skills above 20, they will stay above 20 (but caps out at 30) even after your premium runs out

Only body stats. So you can still ride a horse, drive a cart, load a crate  or sail a number of ships. 

But you still have Farming Digging Mining etc all capped at 20. (I too would like to see this go to 30)

Game balance make them do things. Simply some task for rich players are waste of time. So more efficient is for them to pay players.

I guess it can stablise over time. But Lauch for every mmo in history is most important time. Players population drop very quickly first few months. Main issue in this game was too small population always

If you asking for steam yea. Release its announce for Friday 24/7/2020.

This release on Steam its a great chance. I asked as many ppl to come and join playing. But I know most of them will stop because of grind and premium cost.

Freedom servers are dead to new players long time ago. Old players are superior landlords.  So Steam servers will be a chance to bring a new players

small population of this game (how weird or not it can sound for veteran players) is bc difficult and complex it is. I can argue for hours how stupid and braindead fresh mmos nowadays, but its out of topic. We are like heavy metal boys in hip-hop culture age.

• Like 1