Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Bow skins? Innacurate, yup!

Am I the only one bothered by the fact the longbow skin is more fitting for a medium bow (recurve type) and the medium bow skin is basicly a semi american longbow... which would then be accurate for the longbow?

The amateur archer in me is screaming WHHHHHYYYYYYY?! Any others out there with me? :P

unknown.png?width=471&height=483

^ this is a recurve / composite type bow... not a longbow!

unknown.png?width=444&height=483

^ this is a longbow (with fancy limbs) ... not a medium bow

• Like 3

apart from the fact that the old bow skins should have just been updated and not be a lootchest item, since the old bow skins are basically in low poly N64 graphic...

yes, it is quite weird that the longbow looks like a recurve bow and the medium bow like a longbow

but i guess that comes with this game, its just weird

nontheless, it should be switched

• Like 4

The first is an Asiatic Horsebow 100%, MILES difference from a longbow. The second is some odd looking longbow hybrid thing. 

Now I'm triggered, thanks for pointing this out lol.

For the love of all that is archery, would love to see it changed. 
I haven't noticed this and now I feel ewwie.

google old english longbow, I think this would be the asset to go for

i guess it doesn't animate in this artistically lousy way when you kind of think about it.

Edited by Johnston3

aye, it's for sure a mongol horse bow type, reinforced composite limbs and all that (which is historically accurate)... The second would be an american semi longbow.. fancy carbon limbs and the like... totally not accurate unless you feel like shooting arrows from the 21th century back in the one hundred year war period.

bows-ragim-red-hawk-american-flatbow-1_g

Typical example of a semi longbow with the typical D shape of the longbow (or flatbow) once stringed but still with some added curves to give you extra strength.

steve-nl.jpg

and here we have the beautiful yew english longbow with the 'past the ear' typical draw (perfect to nail knights to their horses!)

PS. I do love the new skins! But for some of them I'd love having them replacing the old ones!

Edited by Odynn
  • Like 2

On 7/20/2020 at 10:30 AM, Odynn said:

aye, it's for sure a mongol horse bow type, reinforced composite limbs and all that (which is historically accurate)... The second would be an american semi longbow.. fancy carbon limbs and the like... totally not accurate unless you feel like shooting arrows from the 21th century back in the one hundred year war period.

bows-ragim-red-hawk-american-flatbow-1_g

Typical example of a semi longbow with the typical D shape of the longbow (or flatbow) once stringed but still with some added curves to give you extra strength.

steve-nl.jpg

and here we have the beautiful yew english longbow with the 'past the ear' typical draw (perfect to nail knights to their horses!)

PS. I do love the new skins! But for some of them I'd love having them replacing the old ones!

You're supposed to suspend your disbelief for all of this media.  There's a limit for how much someone can suspend their disbelief which is why wurm logic tries to follow IRL logic as much as possible, maybe less so these days.  People don't throw lightning bolts on the same regular basis as arrows, because it is all about how much someone can suspend their disbelief.