Sign in to follow this  
demondan

Remove fatigue

Please remove fatigue it serves no purpose.

I've spent 71 euros in the past few days on wurm, and got two months of premium (thus far) but the game is not letting me play, I want to play more and grind more and spend more money but the game is not letting me. 

I have 18 hours of possible game time, meaning i can only grind 8 hours in a day now. Once I wake up and use the time that I wasn't in wurm I lose 10 hours because of this system because I'm waiting 3 hours to get 1 hour of play time in wurm. This is ridiculous, this is a scam. 

Developers I want to play your game, why are you stopping me for playing this game and spending more money. 

21/07/2020

[23:42:49] You have 22 minutes left.

Edited by demondan
  • Like 7

-1 . It's there to prevent over macroing vs. enterprising players who find ways to cheat the anti-macro system.

I know you have a lot of time to play man but speaking as a long time wurmian, please don't burn yourself out.

Have break, play some other games, watch a movie. Playing wurm for long periods of time can take a toll and you'll end up hating the game.

Alternatively you can always do actions that don't drain your fatigue. Fighting I think doesn't drain it, nor does exploring, sailing and some other actions that aren't timer based. You can always spend some time planning your deed, rearranging stuff, cleaning up the village and so on.

• Like 2

I respect your opinion and thank you for your concern about my health, I am fine though. 

To the heart of your argument and this issue, this doesn't directly stop macroing, if Devs want to prevent macroing a solution isn't to stop people from playing the game by giving a person a time limit. I can't play the game, it's simple as that, and your vote is for me is to not play the game I'm paying for... your vote should be for more stricter security checks on accounts that appear to be malicious and appear to be macroing. I agree with you 100% there should be no macro, no hackers, no cheaters in the games we play, but this is not a solution, I legitimately can't play the game in any way right now.

To add, I also requested from the chat support to refresh my fatigue, but was advised that it this is a touchy subject, so I can't even get a refresh from Devs to solve this, the system is impacting me and it's not even designed 'for' me

1 hour ago, elentari said:

-1 . It's there to prevent over macroing vs. enterprising players who find ways to cheat the anti-macro system.

do you honestly think a single macroer has been stopped by a system that they just have multiple accounts to get around, they probably don't even macro to fatigue as that'd get them checked out by a gm faster. If a time limit would actually stop them it'd be enforced so that fatigue is shared across all your accounts.

@demondanUsing this logic grass enchanters should sue Code Club for scam because they can only enchant every 18 hours, I should sue because I can breed a horse every hour, and basically we all should sue, for all cool-downs in game. Fatigue limit is huge, and it stacks to some extent and is reset even if you are offline. If you check the gallows forums you will see there were issues with macroing, and these issues hinder the game play a lot more than fatigue system, not to mention banning a macroer is not removing his whole bad influence (they were trading items etc.).

[10:44:17] You have 11 hours and 59 minutes left.

Not to mention there are other enjoyable aspects of the game than just grinding and activities that does not require fatigue. 

@OblivionnreaverMultiple accounts will surely attract attention, also their levels do not stack. The fact that a certain measure taken is not perfect or not entirely effective doesn't mean it is useless. 

Therefore, -1. 

3 minutes ago, Platyna said:

If you check the gallows forums you will see there were issues with macroing

The russians on exo did mainly bulk, enchants and panfilling. Fatigue does nothing to stop macroing bulk as you just use more characters due to the low skill requirement, channeling does not use fatigue, you can cast for 24 hours a day and still have 12 hours of fatigue, and panfilling does not use fatigue either. fatigue had 0 effect on their business and i'm really not sure why you think thats a good example to bring up. They were also doing their market thing (and probably macroing the whole time) for years, atleast 2015 if they started when they posted on the forums, so again, fatigue never stopped them from having an impact on the market with their macroing for 4+ years with multiple accounts (i remember them having like 10 different accounts that would all post in trade at different times of the day), and more work should be done on a system that identifies macroing instead of pretending that some garbage fatigue system that inconveniences actual players stops anything. Maybe they were an outlier and the gm team bans other macroers in a reasonable time but i'm doubtful of that.

This does not impact you, and does not stop macros and you don't need to tell me how to play the game.

21 minutes ago, Platyna said:

Not to mention there are other enjoyable aspects of the game than just grinding and activities that does not require fatigue. 

Maybe for you, but that isn’t how everyone plays the game.

I’m not sure what Fatigue’s original purpose was but if it’s macro prevention, it’s pointless. If anything the logic here is backwards. Fatigue would give macros plausible deniability.

I say this as someone who has probably never dropped below 10 hours of Fatigue timer ever. It’s just an outdated/confusing limitation.

Edited by Chakron

Also, it blocks 95% of the game that you can't enjoy when you are out of fatigue. you can't do anything that takes stamina/has that little timer. That is -nearly- every aspect of this game. 

Cooldown timers (grass enchant etc) aren't really the same as fatigue though, you can't seriously compare those two...

Fatigue as it is now, basically is telling you to "stop playing!" after a certain time. Even though common sense says that 18 hours a day might not be healthy, if player has paid for 24 hour days then they should have the option to use it all up :P

1 month premium time, that's what it says in the shop.

To limit the game content by x amount for one player, because someone else might do macros, just doesn't look correct :)

You've also used the wrong logic, what you described is skills such as meditating, and praying, lock picking etc. 

To make your concept actually similar is that you can enchant grass but you cannot play 95% of the game for 18 hours and then you have a 6 hour window to play the game where you can enchant grass again and you must wait 18 hours again.

Because that is what fatigue is, every 4 hours you can play wurm in its entirety for 1 hour. That is 6 hours of game time out of 24 hours in a day.

For years i have been saying this made posts about it others have too and every time it just falls silent and disappears into the depths of the forums the system sucks and is pointless
A person who wants to macro will do so from multiple accounts at once to do it quick before there is a chance of suspicion rising up

The fatigue system is pretty much like rs1's fatigue system where after a while you could not play and jagex got rid of it once people started to hit it constantly and they realized they want people to keep playing their game not play other games(system was intended to make people not spend to much time on the pc but it backfired in people quitting the game instead) and sure wurm's isnt as strict but it still impacts the people who play it a lot and spend a lot of money on this game and serves no purpose other then to stop someone from grinding for a lot which is just silly

• Like 1

*Updated 21/07/2020

[23:42:49] You have 22 minutes left.

Now I am forced to leave some time left over so I can do things for my friends in wurm, crafting/imping, and leave things such as for pray and for meditating.

This is debilitating.

*puts on a boomer mask*

Son why don't you go out and play in the sun with the other kids?

Playing video games all day long isn't healthy.

^_^

• Like 1

I'm confused. Is it fatigue or timers that you're wanting to see alleviated? I honestly never considered so much daily game time in Wurm to the point that those little time setbacks could add up so much. But you're saying that fatigue makes it so that if you play for 24 hours, then you only really get 6 hours of that in actual wurm productivity? I'd just maybe point out that the game isn't designed just for raw productivity even if that's your particular, sole goal. There's exploration and social aspects for example. And the design is also a nod (if sometimes wonky) to the real life woes of fatigue and such time setbacks in doing various things. Are you just wanting to instantly click and produce things? I don't get what you're asking to happen exactly with the game.

What percentage of players can spend 24 hours in game either? My soul would never be the same personally if I tried that, even if I could 😂. More power to you though!

I can't count the times that my fatigue has run out on me during large projects.  And all i could do was wander around hunting, Which i wasn't in the mood for, Because there was work that needed finished.  Also three different times that a pop up box appeared on my screen, Asking me some random question that I had to answer, Under penalty of getting banned, I'm assuming it was for repeating actions too many times.  Which is what wurm is, So that's dumb.

I agree that fatigue serves no real purpose,  It would not stop cheaters in any way.  It only limits the amount of time a person can play before their subscription is taken away from them.

• Like 1

Update 2#

Because I heard during the launch we will get bonus skill gain I have not been able to play wurm the way I wanted to play so I can save Fatigue for the event, 

[13:37:05] You have 10 hours and 18 minutes left.

So now I am resulting to having to count how many hours I will have for the event, meaning the above saved hours and how many hours are left in todays day and while I sleep I will get 5 extra hours of fatigue until tomorrow when i wake up, meaning I can only grind for 3 hours from the date of this post. and it is 1:38PM, i should be able to play for the full 12 hours but the FATIGUE mechanic is preventing me to play.

Having to count minute by minute so I can better use this time in wurm is ridiculous,