Sign in to follow this  
Histaty

Wurm on a tablet

I really enjoyed playing wurm years ago and played for about 2 years, only thing that made me stop was IRL and eventually moved on. Another game I enjoyed was Eve online. Both of these games came out many years ago. Eve Echoes is being releasing on tablet. I played it and is just as fun so far as the pc version. The best part is I can play it in my living room hanging out while watching TV. There is a lot of grinding in Eve, there is a lot of grinding in Wurm. I would really enjoy playing Wurm without  being tethered to my pc. Any discussions about crossing wurm to mobile platform?

2 hours ago, Histaty said:

I really enjoyed playing wurm years ago and played for about 2 years, only thing that made me stop was IRL and eventually moved on. Another game I enjoyed was Eve online. Both of these games came out many years ago. Eve Echoes is being releasing on tablet. I played it and is just as fun so far as the pc version. The best part is I can play it in my living room hanging out while watching TV. There is a lot of grinding in Eve, there is a lot of grinding in Wurm. I would really enjoy playing Wurm without  being tethered to my pc. Any discussions about crossing wurm to mobile platform?

highly doubt it. 

best thing would be to use a remote desktop app

Wurm on a mobile platform is a big no last time any dev ever responded to the question and honestly with the current team it wont really happen any time at all as making and maintaining a mobile port across android and apple will require a hell of a lot more work then the current team can take on

What you can do(and this will become 1 step easier when wurm launches to steam) is the following

Step 1 add wurmlauncher.exe to steam
1.  open up steam
2. click games
3. click "add non steam game to my library
4. click browse and search for the wurmlauncher.exe

Step 2 download and install steam link from your app store
1. open app store
2. search for steam link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.valvesoftware.steamlink&hl=en or https://apps.apple.com/us/app/steam-link/id1246969117

Step 3 log into the same steam account you used on your pc
Step 4 when connected go to your library and type in wurm and you should see this icon pop up 6FMV3sX.png
Step 5 click the icon and launch it and just log into your wurm

The on screen controls for steam link are rebindable so you can set the bottom left move pad to wasd and the one on the right to a series of keybinds(if you use the new ui its a lot easier to play mobile) and you can set the mouse to be in trackpad mode so that it mimics a laptop mouse
What i would suggest is if you are a heavy keybind user to create a series of text files (refer to https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Quickswitch_hotkeys to set them up) with easy names so that you can swap the 4 buttons on the right out to what ever task you are doing without having to rebind on the tablet
If you can hook a controller up to your tablet that controller and all of its buttons can be used giving you way more real estate to use for keybinds

Also steam link gaming is great so long as you dont set your wurm over 1920x1080 and have a good wifi connection/ethernet for pc i do it a lot to play from my phone or tv(i have a steam controller and steam link hardware machine too attached to my tv) and i can sit there and do most things around my deed and even go out hunting as well after getting used to the controls a bit

It isnt the best option but its still better then nothing and when wurm launches on steam i plan on making a guide with a controller scheme for steam controller/xbox/ps4 controllers and a series of keybinds that would do most things with ease and maybe include action sets that allow for easy keybind switching but we will see on that one

• Like 2

The controls might be a bit unforgiving, but it should be possible to play Wurm Online using mobile devices via Geforce Now once it releases on Steam.

Wow! Thanks for the reply, I’m definitely going to look into your suggestions. Really looking forward to a fresh start in wurm and not locking myself away for hours in order to play.