Sign in to follow this  
Ajala

Operation: Flatten Xanadu FAQ

Hello fellow Xanadunians!

By now, I'm sure you've all heard about Operation: Flatten Xanadu, and have questions about what it entails and how it will affect your gameplay, so I started this thread to provide some explanations in one place.

You may have already noticed our team members in your local chat recently. Perhaps you've seen some server chat as we coordinate our efforts to flatten the server in the most efficient manner possible.

Fear not. At the current state of the project, all we are doing is digging up all the dirt in your area and possibly -- depending on your elevation -- surface-mining the underlying rock and discarding the shards.

In summary, and as the name implies, the goal of Operation: Flatten Xanadu is to reduce the entire Xanadu server to a single uniform layer exactly one dirt above sea level.

We're going to destroy all the mountains, fill in all the lakes, discard all the rocks and most of the dirt, and be left with a perfectly flat, uniform landmass.

Operation: Flatten Xanadu -- FAQ

Q -- Why are you doing this?

A -- We, the members of this project, feel quite strongly that Xanadu should be flat. 

Q -- What are the phases of this project?

A -- Phase One is woodcutting. We will remove every single tree, bush and hedge from the server, in preparation for future phases. If we do it fast enough -- within about 36 hours -- we can prevent Xan's flora from respawning, very easily.

Phase Two entails digging up every single unit of dirt on the server and immediately discarding it, leaving only exposed rock across the whole of Xanadu.

In Phase Two/Three we begin to surface-mine every rock tile down until the landmass of Xan is all rock, one dirt below sea level.

In Phase Three, we begin to import dirt from other servers in order to fill in Xan's lakes and cover the flat rock, bringing all tiles up to sea level. We estimate this will cost approximately 2,931,248 silver, which we will fund by selling shallow-water fish to players from other servers.

Q -- How long do you think this will take?

Based on initial estimates, we believe we can have Xanadu fully leveled to our specifications by early December 2020, assuming enough players get on board and commit the hours.

Q -- How many players are currently involved?

A -- Four.

Q -- I own a deed on Xan, how will this affect me?

A -- If you've always wanted to live on an island, or if you're a rice farmer, this is awesome news! If you're not, it's probably not going to end well for you..

Q -- Why are you doing this again?

We, the members of this project, feel quite strongly that Xanadu should be flat. 

Edited by Ajala
  • Like 13
  • Cat 1

Thanks for your interest. We have a simple 24-page application form. I'm PM'd it to you.

But .... Xanadu is already flat. Period.

Join the flatxana believers now

Proof:

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

test test... can i post again or am i still banned? (sorry to derail your thread)

But what will be done about the disgusting uneven land in the ocean 

• Like 2

Don't be ridiculous. We're not going to fill in the ocean. We discussed it and decided to would be too time-consuming. Please.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ajala said:

Q -- What are the phases of this project?

Ambitious project, well done. :) But I bet your project plan needs some additional steps. :)

1 hour ago, Eobersig said:

Ambitious project, well done. :) But I bet your project plan needs some additional steps. :)

No. Thanks for your concern, but we've planned this out meticulously and mathematically. 

A very good idea.

Might i suggest using all the dirt to raise a dirtwall around the server?

• Like 1

This is obviously the best decision for the server. In order to help you achieve your goal, may I suggest you start in the middle? That way, if by some chance you fail, you at least got half way.

• Like 2

Your work is already creating some sizeable tectonic hamster shifts. Xan is being reset today to try to manage. Good work and carry on.

I have signed up, but i have already made plans for a holiday trip in September prior to signing up, i will be available from the 2nd of November onwards. I feel like December is doable. Can you issue us with shovels? Mine is holding up a shelf in my house.

Shovels are for the weak. This is a sickle-only project.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2020 at 1:51 AM, Ajala said:

Shovels are for the weak. This is a sickle-only project.

I thought this was serious until I read this comment.

• Like 4

am i missing the joke somewhere here ??  or is there really nothing about food being served ? 

• Like 1

You will survive off of the worms you pull out of the freshly dug soil.