Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

random spawn option

with the new server coming out and the steam release the area around the starter deed is going to be a favela of 1x1 shacks, and not everyone is going to like being so close to everyone, random spawn option would help spread people out a bit and enable a more hardcore start option. could even just use the rift spawning algorithm where they cant spawn x tiles from deeds water sides of mountains etc

• Like 6

Yes.

Or even a 1 time random teleport similar to the first village teleport.

+1
Especially since it's looking like there's only going to be the one start deed.

+1 to random teleports putting players at adequate social distance, i.e. mountainsides and oceans.

Just give a warning that explains what the option does properly for new players as you dam well know some are gonna complain about it if they click it

• Like 1

Very much +1 for a 1 time use random teleport.

We might end up on the sides of mountains, but it would be very good  for the exploration-aspect. Being dropped in the middle of nowhere.

All this as an option offcourse, people who want to settle close to the starter town with friends can still do so, but it would be a very nice feautre for us veterans and the more adventerous newbie.

• Like 1

+ 1 Make it work like path of insanity teleport. Might end up in the sea. Might end up on top of the largest mountain near a friendly dragon.

+1 from what I understand it's going be be indy sized server. Indy currently has I believe 3 spawns, so if we can't random teleport I hope we atleast have multiple spawn locations. 

A one time random teleport sounds great - I hate being around starter deed favellas so this would be greatly appreciated :)

Also, option to choose random place to start, after character creation, would slighty lower a lag when servers opens. Couse problem is many players in one place, not many players on server.

But I guess, it's little too late to suggest such features, day before the start : P

Edited by Wilczan