Sign in to follow this  
Hammer

(Har) N16 Northern Freedom Isles Market *Now Accepting All Players!*

I have a history in Wurm Online spanning several years and I have a plan for the new PVE server, Harmony. We already have at least 20 people signed up to join when the server opens.

Introduction

I've been planning this for any new server. I just didn't know it would take place on a new set of servers, but hey, I'm only human. 

I'm looking to put together a large market--THE largest market on the new pve server, Harmony, with the launch of Wurm Online on Steam. I've already been planning and preparing for weeks. I want to get everything as organized as possible before the server opens and I'm looking for more players to join up.  What I want is for players who plan to play on the new server to sign up and take on a specific role. We will have regular small meetings to review and plan future changes to the settlement. You and I will discuss how you should use your role for the betterment of the market and I'll make sure the whole thing comes together in an interesting and organized way. We will find a project for you to work on, and you spend as much time on it as you can. 

I realized that the actual recruitment thread for the Steam server is probably being overlooked when compared to this section of the forum, so I created this thread as well. My thread has over double the number of views of any other recruitment thread in that section of the forum. This market is going to be BIG and BOLD. We're especially looking for more priests but other roles are available and we'll take any Wurmian interested in joining us.

If you are interested or want to see more information, you can visit the original thread, which is being constantly updated and has a lot of interest and players signed up:

Alliance info:

Thanks for checking it out.

-Yekrut

Edited by Hammer
updated info

I have to wonder about this as the Steam Server Launch is about attracting New Players and growing WURMs overall population. Many of us Veterans are planning to go to the new Steam PVE server and start new deeds, markets, etc. But also could we be killing WURM by being so focused on our fascinations with Markets and Driving a new server economy? What if we by doing this end up driving away many New players as we have already learned from mistakes and know how and what to do, like don't poke Trolls with sticks and that it will take 5 of us to kill a rat, not likely but hey. I think everyone of us needs to take a step back and realize, COULD we be shooting ourselves in the foot? Also there is no RMT any more and silvers are only worth that, Deed upkeep and play time. Also, and i shall start a separate thread for this, but having the PVP server Portal access only is a bad idea. What about new players that get established over there, build a ship, wagon, collect some nice stuff decide PVP isn't for them. Are we expecting them to carry what they can on their backs and start over on the Freedom Server? I think that needs some serious re-thinking. This whole Steam thing is about NEW PLAYERS and retaining them. 

I see your point of view but I think it'll have an opposite effect.

The new servers won't have any benefit by being limited to a bunch of new players that have no idea what they're doing or how to survive in Wurm. By having several large settlements, new players will be more likely to play the new servers and stick around an established settlement, where they could decide to branch out if they like the game. 

I think starting an economy will be very good for players, but especially new players. Who's going to make their new weapons? Who will sell them traited mounts? If you are expecting new players to show up and do everything that the rest of us have spent months or years learning how to effectively do, then you'll likely be disappointed. I don't think we are shooting ourselves in the foot by creating establishment in a fresh server. I think it would be a bigger mistake to depend on new players to establish the server on their own. And if they don't want to join anyone or be part of any market/economy, that's their choice, too.

• Like 1

An accessible market is one of the most important assets to a new player. The ability to craft goods and trade them for things you can't craft yourself is vital. I look forward to building a merchant stall or two for my village here. Word of warning, establish yourself early for people to setup merchants or someone will beat you to the punch!
Best of luck

Edited by Garnetstar

48 minutes ago, Garnetstar said:

Word of warning, establish yourself early for people to setup merchants or someone will beat you to the punch!

I appreciate your feedback and I intend to duly heed your warning. Thanks for the tip!

We are still looking for 2 or 3 more people. We're up to 20 at the moment. We have a few open slots. We always accept people bringing priests.

We're now accepting new and returning players. Check out the updated post linked above if you are interested.

The server opens in approximately 25 hours. We're all geared up and ready to go. (So to speak :)) We're still looking for more people to join up. Anyone with any availability is welcome to join.

We're making good progress but have had some roles that need filled or have been opened. We are looking for more villagers. Check out our original thread for more info: 

We are still recruiting all players. Send a pm if interested, or check out our alliance information. We sometimes offer paid work and give special offers to our alliance network.
More info:

We're recruiting again. Please let me know if you are interested in joining. We have a few active people but we would love to add to the list. There are professions which we are lacking and anyone is welcome. Thank you.