Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Wurm Online Steam Launch Trailer Revealed!

1 hour ago, Xheth said:

Will you upload the stream on Youtube? I missed in on twitch

Yup! I've saved it as a "full" stream which lasts 7½ hours. But I'm currently also making a "short and snappy" one with just the important stuff. I'll be able to export those to YouTube once the 24 hours is up (Twitch rules).

• Like 2

On 7/17/2020 at 6:19 AM, Retrograde said:

Distinguished Wurmians!

Today we are thrilled to announce the launch time of the Northern Freedom Cluster and Wurm Online on Steam!

Wurm Online will become available to play on Steam on the 24th of July, at 19:00 CET.

That's not all! In anticipation of the launch of Wurm Online on Steam, we present the brand new trailer! 

When I viewed this, I was astounded at just how magical the world of Wurm truly is. The possibilities and inspiration have me excited to play on the new Northern Freedom Isles too, is anyone looking for a villager? 

This trailer was a long project and included many revisions. The brains behind it as always was Malena, who had this to say about it:

There's more news to come soon with the revised names for the Northern Freedom Isles too, so stay tuned for that!

From us all at the Wurm team, we hope you enjoy it as much as we do, and look forward to seeing you on Steam.

Retrograde & the Wurm team

Still snow inside houses?

Beautiful trailer, very nicely done. Hyped trailers certainly lure people, that was the main reason they brought in refund options to steam users. Id expect a lot of those.

Can’t imagine that many people go through the trouble of refunding a free game.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, LordLouis said:

Id expect a lot of those.

It's f2p

??

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LordLouis said:

Beautiful trailer, very nicely done. Hyped trailers certainly lure people, that was the main reason they brought in refund options to steam users. Id expect a lot of those.

Nah, its just that integrating Steam payments into your game requires you to allow refunds. Just a terms of service thing Wurm had to abide by. 

4 minutes ago, Red said:

Nah, its just that integrating Steam payments into your game requires you to allow refunds. Just a terms of service thing Wurm had to abide by. 

You can play the game without getting the silver/premium. Buying either would imply that you’ve tried the game and agree to pay for it. IDK Steams policy though on refunds for game without an initial cost. 

Wurm Online is free on Steam - which means you dont have to refund it, you just delete it.. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, LionIX said:

You can play the game without getting the silver/premium. Buying either would imply that you’ve tried the game and agree to pay for it. IDK Steams policy though on refunds for game without an initial cost. 

Yeah its just TOS for steam wallet. So if I "accidentally" purchase premium or silver through steam wallet, Steam requires the game dev to allow me to refund it. (idk what the timeframe is, likely short) 
But yeah, I'm just saying for a developer to use Steam Wallet they have to have refund functionality. Doesn't necessarily mean it will ever be used. 

9 minutes ago, Red said:

So if I "accidentally" purchase premium or silver through steam wallet, Steam requires the game dev to allow me to refund it. (idk what the timeframe is, likely short)

Not according to people who bought premium time through Steam for Eve Omega Subscription:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/235883/EVE_Online__Omega_Subscription/#app_reviews_hash