Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Wurm Online Steam Launch Trailer Revealed!

Good job @Malenawas really hoping for more pvp showcased but it was a great trailer overall.

• Like 2

A great trailer, thank you for it!

• Like 2

PAWSOME TRAILER  Malena (Katspurr) ..... oh come on thats an amazing Friday play on words! .... 🤪

• Like 2

I love the trailer so much! And really, if you didnt before, put headphones on, or use a good speaker and rewatch this trailer! All those wurm scenes are so beautiful and this music is escalating so nice and emotional touching... 

• Like 4

Very good trailer, makes me want to play! The only thing I don't like is fighting the lava fiends as if they were attacking the village. A bit misguiding and that's one thing I hate, when seeing something in a trailer and the game turns out to be different.

9.5/10 Sharkin :D:D:D

• Like 2

@Malenasome of those animations(milking cow and putting wood into a stove) can we see those in the future in the game for those specific actions please and thank you you cant tease us with them and not use them ;)

I know they are just reuses of another animation right now but please make them be real it would be amazing to have when fueling a forge or oven that the character leans down and throws a log into it and such

19 minutes ago, wipeout said:

@Malenasome of those animations(milking cow and putting wood into a stove) can we see those in the future in the game for those specific actions please and thank you you cant tease us with them and not use them ;)

I know they are just reuses of another animation right now but please make them be real it would be amazing to have when fueling a forge or oven that the character leans down and throws a log into it and such

wipeout: My personal opinion (just as a player) is that it would be really nice to see a full overhaul of the characters and their animations some day. I'm pretty sure that if that happens some time down the line, making more of these sorts of animations will also be part of the overhaul. I would really love to see it too. I'm a sucker for immersion!

• Like 3

Many years ago, I saw an advert in a computer magazine about a game called Wurm Online.

I also viewed a stutteringly blurred video of what could be done in the game by characters that looked oh so similar.

I took the plunge almost 9 years to the day ago and have played almost every day since

I have just looked at the incredible video (well done Malena) and feel so proud that I am part of a community that chooses to play Wurm. I would be amazed and somewhat saddened if people were not encouraged to give Wurm a go. Once they start playing, our incredible community will surely ensure that many of these new players stay within the game and carve out their own career in Wurm

Well done to all our development team past and present and I wish you all a great launch next week- I hope we can make Rolf and Notch proud of just how far their dream has travelled.

• Like 4

PuHGJma.png

What i wrote there i think is what people often forget about we the players and new players quite often overlook it as they are used to that being the case but wurm really is about providing you the tools to create a place you can call yours or "ours" if with friends to carve out something out of nothing and be proud of it with no real end goal in mind something a lot of games dont have as most games now days all have an end a clear defined end
Space engineers for example on the surface its a game that has endless possibilities but it still has a end your stations can only become that big your ships that large your automation network that wide(mods) before the engine gives out the content is there but beyond the first dive into it there is no 2nd dive no 3rd no nothing afterwards
Wurm offers that afterwards and people are not used to that they are not used to games that give a continued experience to keep going even after the apparent end without redoing stuff(new game++ games or mmorpg's in general)
Something that really is missing from anywhere in any kind of info about the game is that the game isnt about completing skills to max or making the most optimal place to grind sure you can do that but the game really is about providing a place where you the player can do what you want be it being a hermit playing a few hours a day making a small place in a forest in the middle of no where, or a person living underground with no trace on the surface but a token(underground tokens please) or a giant castle or a mountain range spanning wonder, Quite often i see new players asking "so what do i need to kill to get loot"(Not as much recently) or "So what is the end goal for this game" and when told there is none they go away or loose interest as they are just not used to creating their own end goals

And honestly that is what wurm should focus on a bit more in showing that you are in charge of your goals in this game that you decide what you want to do from a humble farmer to a king of a kingdom to miner making a giant maze in search of gold the game gives you the tools but the play style is up to you to make the most out of it based on your personality and habits

• Like 7

The trailer is truly amazing!!!!!  It is the best i have ever seen, even for other games.  Congrats a very well done job :)

• Like 1

Not saying it's not possible, but it breaks my heart seeing the trading clip at 1:10. I miss the days when players would visit markets.

3 minutes ago, Antony said:

Not saying it's not possible, but it breaks my heart seeing the trading clip at 1:10. I miss the days when players would visit markets.

Nothing stops you from visit the markets that is in wurm ....we have several 

3 minutes ago, Antony said:

Hopefully soon markets will be bustling with life once again! *smiles*

• Like 3

Might want to cut out the lava fields on the slate brick buildings though, makes it look like we actually have dungeons lol

Some poor steam player will get to end game and be like WHERE IS THE DUNGEON

Edited by phennexion

1 minute ago, phennexion said:

Might want to cut out the lava fields on the slate brick buildings though, makes it look like we actually have dungeons lol

Some poor steam player will get to end game and be like WHERE IS THE DUNGEON

The joy of Wurm is that players can do anything. Even create their own dungeon! Perhaps not a permanent one, but you could totally have a player event where you build a castle like that, have Magranon priests dominate a bunch of lava fiends and spiders, bring them in, set them free and let newbies try and kill them. Imagination is your only limit in Wurm!

5 minutes ago, Malena said:

The joy of Wurm is that players can do anything. Even create their own dungeon! Perhaps not a permanent one, but you could totally have a player event where you build a castle like that, have Magranon priests dominate a bunch of lava fiends and spiders, bring them in, set them free and let newbies try and kill them. Imagination is your only limit in Wurm!

Actually... just build a bridge leading to your door in your house and you WILL have all the mobs in your house :P

• Like 2

lovely trailer, while it misses the mention of the wurm dwarven population! XD
Well, i've already opened a thread in the new server section for my alliance/village as i'll wait for everyone who want to come with us and play in a dwarven alliance, so you too Retro is welcomed!
See you all for the opening! And great work, Malena!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Malena said:

That's a pretty big stretch and not sustainable. Add dungeon deeds that'll level up and spawn monsters! Cmonn!

By the way guys, I just noticed that YouTube wasn't playing the high resolution 1440p60HD for me by default. Be sure to choose that for the best viewing experience! (if your connection allows and you have a higher res monitor that could make use of it)

quality.jpg

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

Actually... just build a bridge leading to your door in your house and you WILL have all the mobs in your house :P

Either you get a dungeon or a graveyard that makes you wanna go lib as all the zombies

20 minutes ago, Malena said:
By the way guys, I just noticed that YouTube wasn't playing the high resolution 1440p60HD for me by default. Be sure to choose that for the best viewing experience! (if your connection allows)

That's the voluntary bandwidth saving since Covid I guess. Many providers turned their default res down.

• Like 1

Obviously the video should have concluded with a dramatic pan to reveal the Great Wall of Yellow Potions.  Other than that major failing, nice job ;)

Great trailer, the time lapse in the background with the 2 people watching was a nice touch.

• Like 1

11/10 video! The sort of trailer Wurm has deserved for years. Well done @Malenaand all involved!!! Couldn't be more excited to hop back in after all this time. 

• Like 4