Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Wurm Online Steam Launch Trailer Revealed!

Thank you so much everyone, I'm so glad you liked it! ❤️ 

By the way, I wrote the text in such a hurry that I completely forgot to mention something very important, namely - that I would have NEVER been able to make this trailer without the help of Samool, who tirelessly made me tool after tool after tool to get those camera shots, to set up characters and a long list of other things. So thank you once again Samool for all your help! 

Next Tuesday, instead of my traditional Wurm Roulette stream, I will instead be doing a "Wurm Roulette" of the trailer locations and we'll be going through each scene as I show how it was built, how it was filmed and also the tools that Samool made for me to get those set up etc. So if you're curious to see how this trailer was made, come watch on Tuesday.

• Like 18
  • Cat 3

I want a re-vote! Oh wait, wrong post..  😆

Great trailer!! I approve :)

• Like 1

trailer is so great so i was thinking "wow when this game come live? i want to play it!" and then "oh wait..."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pankivtanke said:

trailer is so great so i was thinking "wow when this game come live? i want to play it!" and then "oh wait..."

Heheh, well for the most part, all of those scenarios could technically take place if players got together and did all this stuff! Let's hope the Steam release brings more scenes like this for real!

• Like 4

Ahhhhh a Dwarven town woot. Nicely done, so for the 15 years of history, assuming we are linking servers with Steam, or plan on players leaving Heartland to head to the old servers?

• Like 1

Also PS: I'd also like to thank Retro, the rest of the Wurm team and also the Valrei Entertainment Network for their ideas, feedback and encouragement! ❤️

• Like 4

Ooooh can we get Dwarven Colossus and more in Arch to for the History part of Archeology like furniture, watching video again, wish I could get villagers to make my deed look active like those. Just amazing, well done, well done team.

• Like 1

We could just move it in a corner and forget about it

That's incredible well done Malena and everyone involved. I especially liked the terraforming timelapse while zooming in past the people sitting there watching it that was very clever.

The brave player in a little rowboat fighting a sea serpent with the sea full of sharks !

So many eye catching scenes hopefully it will persuade more people to try Wurm 👍

• Like 2

This is beautiful, congrats to Katspurr for putting it together.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cayce said:

Very epic video, awesome work! I love the atmosphere! 

I agree that the PvP part was very small, but PvP probably does have enough unique content to be worth an independent trailer :D

It does I made a 2 min siege video back in 2015 show casing siege warfare lol wasn't the best quality and we still had backward sword wielding then. I think the footage they had in the video is enough to peak people interest if that what their into.

Siege Hindrance wurm online pvp

Spoiler

• Like 3

One of the best trailers I've ever seen for an MMO. Captured everything that needed to be captured, great visuals and fantastic music. Great work to all involved.

• Like 2

That trailer is bloody amazing! Great work!

I hope it brings more players to Wurm Online, because we need more players in big communities in the game, like the trailer shows, instead of hermits with 10 deeds around several servers and a dead world, except for an excess of spiders and trolls.

• Like 2

Amazing trailer! I will share this to as many ppl as I can! I really hope this game explodes in popularity now, you all diserve  all the praise for years of hard work and now hopefully a large long lasting community!
I hope all the staff for wurm shares a virtual toast with each other on the launching week!

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 1

why they use plate sets in pvp scene

• Like 1

Very nice trailer! You managed to capture a lot of what is Wurm!

The "thriving economy" part might be a bit exaggerated though :)

• Like 2

Best intro to Wurm I've ever seen.  If this doesn't bring a wave of new players, then just turn the lights off and lock up.  See you all on Steam!

I can't wait to play on all those steam servers though...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Votip said:

why they use plate sets in pvp scene

Because using the special camera tools, the level of detail versions of the more detailed armor like chain would have loaded the low quality versions which would have looked bad. Plate seemed to look ok regardless of whether it was the high res "close" version, or the far "LOD" version. 

Edit: To clarify a bit. When filming, a special camera tool was used that went far away from my character. The farther away the camera was from my character, the lower level details of the scenery, armor, characters etc. But it had to be done this way to get the nice camera shots. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Torgrim said:

Very nice trailer! You managed to capture a lot of what is Wurm!

The "thriving economy" part might be a bit exaggerated though :)

Well, hopefully with the Steam launch and influx of new players, we can see this also be a truth! ❤️

• Like 4