Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Wurm Online Steam Launch Trailer Revealed!

Distinguished Wurmians!

Today we are thrilled to announce the launch time of the Northern Freedom Cluster and Wurm Online on Steam!

Wurm Online will become available to play on Steam on the 24th of July, at 19:00 CET.

That's not all! In anticipation of the launch of Wurm Online on Steam, we present the brand new trailer! 

When I viewed this, I was astounded at just how magical the world of Wurm truly is. The possibilities and inspiration have me excited to play on the new Northern Freedom Isles too, is anyone looking for a villager? 

This trailer was a long project and included many revisions. The brains behind it as always was Malena, who had this to say about it:

We started the process by having many discussions on what exactly we want to embody in this trailer. We not only wanted to show off just how rich and deep Wurm is as a game, but to also showcase just how beautiful and diverse Wurm has become visually over the past couple of years. With the addition of distant trees, the new water system, the rendering engine and of course the brand new volumetric lighting, Wurm has come so very far and has become so breathtakingly beautiful! The first step was to create a rough storyboard in the form of a video. We used that as a base to refine the script and scenes further, and once this was finished, I was ready to start filming footage. To accompany the beautiful footage, Daniel Fryer (who also happens to be my son) was hired to compose a soundtrack for the video. I kid you not, the first time I heard it, I burst into tears because it was so beautiful and made me feel so nostalgic about Wurm! The process of searching for beautiful locations, terraforming + building + decorating the sets, setting up the lighting, deciding on weather and season conditions, dressing and animating the characters, setting up the camera runs and finally editing the video was a labor of love. I sincerely hope that the love and passion for the game radiates through to the very souls of our wurmians and hopefully inspires new players to join our wonderful world as well!

There's more news to come soon with the revised names for the Northern Freedom Isles too, so stay tuned for that!

From us all at the Wurm team, we hope you enjoy it as much as we do, and look forward to seeing you on Steam.

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 38
  • Cat 2

Very nice! 

Stunning work and darn makes me super excited to see what the future holds for wurm!

Edited by Badvoc
  • Like 1

BEEEEEES!

but yay new trailer that looks way way way better ❤️ good job making it

• Like 5
  • Cat 1

Great job! I sent it to a few of my non-wurm friends and it's catching some eyes already.

• Like 2

Malena/KatsPurr !   Amazing Trailer! I am in tears.

• Like 2

Probably the best video I've seen of Wurm to date. What an amazing job! Love the sound track by your son!!! @Malena

• Like 1

Not a bad trailer at all, I do however wish pvp had a bit more spotlight there. The pvp system is wurm is pretty unique and was not even slightly showcased in this. Otherwise its pretty good imo.

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

yeah the one scene of everyone fighting 1v1 was cute, but the rest of the video is great even if it does have some white lies 😝

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

BEEEEEES made it to the video 

yeeeeehawwwww

Good video 

but seriously we have trebs, champions, artifacts, valrei mobs... 

the “defend a castle” BOY HAVE YOU SEEN OUR SUPER DIRT PRISONS

I hope PvP doesn’t get shoved into a corner here too.

Edited by Beastwolf

It's beautiful Malena! The music is also really special, the combo of the two brought a tear to my eye as well, a tremble to the lips :) Very well done, be proud!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rakki said:

has stealing been fixed yet?

-1 skill

-1 cause you can’t steal from a building you lockpick into unless it’s on deed lmfao

2 minutes ago, Rakki said:

has stealing been fixed yet?

what fix does that need ?

Great video :)

• Like 1

@Maiya one of the skills we joke about being in the big list of POSSIBLE SKILLS

cause it actually doesn’t work and there’s no way to grind it realistically 

(iirc you have to be in a kingdom and steal from kingdom mates without being seen by guards on deed or something? Even then with new permissions don’t think that works anymore)

Edited by Beastwolf
  • Like 1

@Retrogradeare we both going to be up at 5am for the launch?
If so are you pulling an all nighter or waking up early?

Just now, wipeout said:

@Retrogradeare we both going to be up at 5am for the launch?
If so are you pulling an all nighter or waking up early?

I may have muttered a few expletives at finding this out. 

I'll be here, I'm going to invoice for a case of red bulls 

• Like 8
  • Cat 1

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

I may have muttered a few expletives at finding this out. 

I'll be here, I'm going to invoice for a case of red bulls 

ill keep you company then

• Like 1

All I can say is WOW!  I'm even more stoked for the steam launch now!  Beautiful work as usual Katspurr!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beastwolf said:

@Maiya one of the skills we joke about being in the big list of POSSIBLE SKILLS

cause it actually doesn’t work and there’s no way to grind it realistically 

It was possible.... untill the accident.

Stealing.png?raw=1

• Like 1

I got the good kind of bums!

The music in this video is truly grand!

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 2

Very epic video, awesome work! I love the atmosphere! 

I agree that the PvP part was very small, but PvP probably does have enough unique content to be worth an independent trailer :D

• Like 4

@Malenayou and your son have made quite possibly the best Wurm showcase video ever developed.  I have been searching for a Wurm video to truly capture what Wurm is to my friends in prep for the steam launch and failed to find anything even remotely close.  This captures everything so well, and the music truly compliments it perfectly.  This video will be used for years to come I am sure, and it alone will probably be what convinces some of my friends to come play it :)  A sincere thank you for creating this!

~Bregga

• Like 3