Sign in to follow this  
Zerobyte

Best starter server for a newbie

Looking for a non pvp server for an occasional player - any recommendations? tia

1 hour ago, Zerobyte said:

Looking for a non pvp server for an occasional player - any recommendations? tia

I just returned, and Xan seems to be a great spot for return. 

• Like 1

There will be two brand new servers launched on the 24'th of July (friday next week). So, if you do not mind starting over, that'd be my recommendation. You do not need to use steam to access these servers, they'll be available through the regular client, too :)

14 hours ago, Zerobyte said:

You need to think if you like more densely populated area (then I guess Independence is best for you), or low density but still with many players on it (then Xanadu), or maybe easier to explore one (then some of these 8x8 km servers such as Celebration or Deliverance) or maybe something completely new wild and virgin (Steam server then) - many people interested in underground activity say they will prefer these as there are no mining mistakes left by the other players to deal with, also you need to consider if you want to join a village or make own deed and how big you would like it and where (a coast, a mountain...).

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Platyna said:

many people interested in underground activity say they will prefer these as there are no mining mistakes left by the other players to deal with

The #1 Reason I'm interested in Steam-PvE

Bah I would miss the swiss cheese mountains and their dropshafts 😎

depends on what you, solo hermit play, or join an active village and Alliance, depends on your play style. If you like solo play, southern Xanadu, if you like cozy close neighbors any of the small servers. If you want to join an active deed, there are many, welcome to join either of my deeds, Citadel Feldbar or Erebor by the Sea on NW Xanadu.

I love swiss cheese mountains , makes finding ore so much easyer at times .

Maps range from 8k by 8km to Xanadu  64 k by 64 k ...

Its all up to you , if you want clean area try new server  , but be warned its a land rush so wont stay nice for long  unless you get way out from starter area ..

Best of luck and have fun thats all that counts ...