Sign in to follow this  
Atrayu

How did the move go?

Hello friends in Xanadu!

Was just curious to know how your guys' server move went! Are you noticing improvements?

- From your friends on Pristine

• Like 1

Still laggy but a bit back we were having exceptional lag even by Xan status. Haven't seen that since the move but could just be luck so far. Just my two cents. 

I haven't noticed any difference so far.

I wasn't really experiencing any major problems before though.

The move proper was accomplished quite fast, and went smoothly. Afterwards, the lag situation clearly relaxed compared to that in the weeks and days before the move. Some issues arose with client server synchronization where "please move slower" or even out of synch appeared more often when driving or sailing. It seems that this has returned to the "normal" of before.

Lag still exists, and seems somewhat more again than immediately after the move. But still it is ways better than before.

I take back what I said. I'm getting "position not updated" warnings every ten minutes or so today.

Hm, had no synch woes on my ways sailing from Friendalong for deed chores and back again. Nor had my alt. Only the disembark bug is plagueing me badly.

The Xanadu server appears to be melting atm, terrible lag pikes every couple of minutes

Certainly looks like that from where I'm sitting.

Lots of lag, what a shame was working so well before the July updates.

Can confirm aswell. More lag for me aswell.

I disagree that anything was better "before the July updates". Today was really bad for a large part of the day. But the days before lags were significantly reduced compared to the situation in May, June, and July before the move. Right now, though still peak time, there is no lag on Xanadu. The devs should inquire hard what are the reasons for this behaviour, but badmouthing and unfounded allegations certainly do not help.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your continued struggles friends.

Hopefully they find a way to resolve the server issues soon and quickly! 

❤️ 

• Like 1

Ya lags been really bad lately. We've been doing a deed rework for the last several months. Doubled our deed size. Tore everything down. Built a half a dozen multi story buildings. Transmuted 50ish newly raised clay tiles to dirt. Terraformed and cleaned up the nearby highway... and now my villagers are talking of moving to one of the smaller servers for less lag in less maybe terms and more planning terms. Bleh lol oh well. 

Lived on Xanadu for years, this is the worst I've seen the lag in a long time (before they cut the mob numbers)

• Like 1

If mobs in any way contribute to lag it's time for a cull. Can barely find wild horses and bison now everything is unicorns and hyenas.

• Like 1

I don't know how the lag compares to pre-server move, but its definitely worse than it was a year ago.