Sign in to follow this  
Metallumere

[Closed for now] [Harmony, new players welcome!] The Guild Of House Hlaalu

kRhAXyK.png
Wealth Beyond Measure!

Note: As of 10/3/2020, the settlement has been disbanded and the guild dissolved.
There was a number of reasons for this, mostly I just lament that more servers were released. The whole reason I was looking forwards to the Steam release was because it was one server, one for all, everyone in it together. Even if new servers were inevitable, staff explicitly said there wouldn't be new servers up for a long time, but that did not stand.
I didn't take much offense to Melody, a tiny server seemed nice if only to act as a hunting grounds, dense mob populations and all that. Cadence was a slap in the face though.
So, yeah, besides this, things just didn't work out after the first few months.
There may come a time in the future when we return, especially if cool stuff is done with the huge amount of cash the Steam release raked in.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

This post shall be kept preserved below.
---
Greetings, outlander.
We are The Guild of House Hlaalu.
With the discovery of the Northern Freedom Isles, we're looking to expand our influence to these new lands, and as such we're recruiting new members for the journey.
We have simple goals and a reliable hierarchy that benefits everyone.
(For the time being, we'll be aiming for a presence on Harmony only. In the future, we may expand towards Defiance and/or Melody.)

Let me explain what's in it for you, and how it will work.

We seek to acquire wealth above all else. Wealth being silver, land, services, goods, materials, etc. Wealth requires labor. The more labor we have, the more wealth we'll have.

Here is what we must ensure:

1. Our deed(s) come first. Any wealth we have will always go into maintaining upkeep for at least 2 months so as to prevent decay.
  2. Sustaining premiums for all members comes next, and in order of access levels which will be explained further in; Golds get premium first over Silvers, and Silvers over Coppers.

You, as a member providing us with labor, shall have limited access based on your role's access level to our collective wealth in order to create more wealth.
In exchange, your premium shall be paid by us, assuming we can spare any from upkeep. Good deal, right?
Do note; we're not paying you out of our pockets. If we do not have wealth to exchange for the silver needed, you'll have to wait until we do.

Wealth is shared between members using a system of roles and access attached to said roles.
Access levels primarily revolve around our warehouses, with higher access having greater bulks or more valuable goods.
Certain buildings, doors, gates, and containers are also restricted by these. This is typically depicted by lamps and candelabras of the respective materials, or dyed banners.
The access levels are as follows, highest to lowest:
Seryll Access:

Complete unrestricted access and authority, there's only one person with such and that's the Quartermaster.
Gold Access:
Generally has the autonomy and authority to enter or do most anything in the name of profit. They have their own deluxe housing.
Silver Access:
Access to the facilities and resources of a particular role. A special privilege of Silver is that every role within it is ranked and trusted equally to any other Silver role, with no bias or preference. True equality. They also have fair housing.
Copper Access:
Minimal access, they are only granted bunkhousing and common labor facilities.
Iron Access:
This level has no access to our warehouse at all and is not specific to any roles, rather this is the access level of non-members.

The roles are as follows, and are color-coded to match their access level:
Quartermaster:
Responsible for safely storing away all our materials and goods, and distributing them to members as needed.
Ensures equity for all members.
Has domain over the warehouse, and everything else of course.
Exclusive authority over what gets built and where, what may be locked and unlocked, and who gets promoted and when.
Highest ranking among us and most trusted, his word is absolute.

Councilman:
Responsible for recruiting Cottars and making sure they don't get up to trouble.
Has domain over almost anything.
Granted almost anything.
Near-equal rank and trust to the Quartermaster, but greater than Brokers. His word is law unless the Quartermaster says otherwise.
Broker:
Responsible for turning goods and materials into cold hard silver and not actually absconding with said silver.
Has domain over risking what wealth we have to potentially make more, and autonomy to open trading outposts/merchantstalls where desired.
Granted a wagon and large ship for moving goods in bulk.
Near-equal rank and trust to the Quartermaster, but that trust can be easily lost if money is mishandled or always returned at a loss.
Tribunal:
Priests automatically qualify to be this rank since there are already so many restrictions on what they can do otherwise. They do whatever priests can still effectively do.
Has domain over shrines.
Granted gems and anything worth enchanting.
Rank is higher than that of Scholars, so they can effectively order anyone around for anything they need.
Scholar:
A more trusted Freelancer, he does as he pleases for the cause. Only those who serve us extremely well find themselves with this role.
Has domain over almost anything they desire.
Granted almost anything they desire, and deluxe housing for them to furnish as they please.
Rank is less than others of Gold rank, but they are to be regarded with utmost respect.
Freelancer:
A more trusted Cottar, they do whatever they want to be doing while still having responsibility to help others as needed.
Granted a large cart and sailboat, and housing for them to furnish as they please.
Slayer:
Roam the lands killing and butchering anything that Cultivators don't want to keep around.
Responsible for keeping forests and mines safe, and our settlements too of course. Forages and fishes in downtime.
Not strictly required to do so, but expected to bring back things people have abandoned to rot.
Has domain over slayer halls and CONAN, what is best in life?.
Granted a large cart and sailboat for travel and hauling back loot.
Ranger:
Responsible for anything and everything that involves wood and charcoal.
Has domain over lumberhouses, and pretty much anywhere there's trees(please replant them!).
Granted a large cart and sailboat for the purposes of moving materials.

Mariner:
Responsible for building and improving ships. Expected to fish in downtime.
Has domain over the seas and shores.
Granted a large cart for moving materials, and a sailboat for personal use.
Outfitter:
Responsible for all things cloth and leather. Also handles ropemaking.
Has no particular domain since tailoring can be done pretty much anywhere.
Granted a large cart for general purposes.
Cultivator:
Responsible for fields of crops and creatures. Also handles dyemaking, and other natural substances like healing covers. Forages and fishes in downtime.
Has domain over HUUUGE...tracts of land, farmsteads, and animal pens/pastures.
Smitherman:
Responsible for anything and everything that involves metals.
Has domain over smitheries.
Masoner:
Responsible for anything and everything that involves stone and clay.
Has domain over mines and masonry halls.
Granted a large cart and sailboat for the purposes of moving materials.
Cottar:
Our common man, our backbone. He who does whatever needs doing.
Has domain over nothing really, but expected to help with anything those above him demand.
Granted bunks for resting, a small cart, and a rowboat.
Lowest ranking among us, with little trust, but we put a lot of faith in them.
Companion:
Our allies from other settlements.
Not responsible for anything at all, but in good faith we grant them access to the same things as Cottars, including the first level of our warehouse.
Treat them with utmost respect.
Outlander:
Outsiders, people we don't know, people we're not affiliated with, or people we admonish.
Responsible for nothing of course.
Granted nothing, but never miss an opportunity to try and barter with one.

Our policies:

Spoiler

These are subject to change.

If you are found to be draining more resources than you are producing, you shall be removed at the Quartermaster's discretion and with no compensation given.

If you wish to leave us and pursue your own ambitions, you are certainly free to, and we shall even grant you benefits:
You may always leave with at least one personal land and sea vehicle. If you are of Copper rank or above and have been with us for at least a month, we are happy to give you a helping hand in settling elsewhere including materials needed, you'll also be qualified to join into an alliance with us(which allows you to retain Copper access). If you are of Silver rank or above, you may take any or all furnishings within your allocated housing with you, and we are happy to dedicate a good part of our labor to help you settle elsewhere.
Beyond this, anything you've brought to us or made(outside of your allocated personal storage of course) is forfeit to the guild.

In the event that we are producing excess wealth to not only fully sustain our upkeep but also all premiums, we shall invest the remaining into our settlements(expanding the claim, building more structures, and allowing us to recruit more people in).

You are encouraged to propose new structures or structure upgrades, and present the concepts for such in Deedplanner to be approved at the discretion of the Quartermaster.

In the event that I decide to shutdown this operation, any existing wealth shall be split equally among all existing members to claim. Members will either vote on disbanding the deed and claiming what exists on it, or selling the deed entirely and simply splitting the silver. To ensure that the wealth is split, the deed shall never be handed over to another member.

The Quartermaster does not condone the use of alt accounts in any capacity. You will be swiftly booted for such, or fined if you desire to remain with us. How long the Quartermaster looks the other way depends on how much you pay.

As of 7/29/2020:
If someone else wishes to fill their role, Silver ranked members who are inactive for a period of 14 days or more shall be demoted back down to Copper-ranked Cottar, so as to free up slots within their facilities. Their personal storage shall be moved and preserved.

Cottars who have been inactive for 14 days or more shall have their personal storage forfeited to the guild.
In the event that we reach our citizen limit, similarly inactive Cottars shall be booted to make room for new members.

Our Short Term Goals:
(Likely to always be in a state of flux)

• ✓ Claim an immaculate piece of land, something people would eventually want to purchase. To accomplish this, we shall break off into organized groups and search in all directions.
  • Initially focus on construction of a warehouse(at least two tiers of access), and the crafthouse.
  • Focus then on these in order: Farmstead, smithery, mason hall, lumberhouse, apartments.

Interested in joining so far?
New recruits always start as Cottars, and when qualified for a promotion may choose a Silver ranked role as desired(assuming the role has space, if it does not you may choose another or default to Freelancer).
We have a discord server to maintain contact while offline, you'll pretty much be required to join for the time being.
If you feel you would be a fine fit for House Hlaalu, simply post here your desire to contribute and what your grand ambitions are. I'll reach out to approved posts and send our server invite over a PM.

You may serve House Hlaalu, and advance in the ranks, for above all things, House Hlaalu prizes initiative and ambition.

Spoiler

If you want to understand the essential philosophy of House Hlaalu, examine its coat of arms. Behold the scale: it represents balance, trade, and compromise. These essential concepts influence everything the House seeks to accomplish and directs its activities.

Strive for balance in all things. When the scale tips to one side or the other, someone or something gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us. This idea must be embraced by every member of the House. To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange must find balance.

Trade is the House's weapon, its tool, and its way. The House thrives when value and profit flows between supply and demand. House Hlaalu seeks to maintain open trade with anyone who would engage in honest business. Not even a lowly yo-yo-er with silver or goods in hand would be turned away. This policy protects and empowers the House. The greatest defense remains a wall built of silver, and many foes have will be broken against the profitable walls of House Hlaalu.

The most honorable conclusion to any conflict is compromise. When two parties seeking balance come together in any exchange, compromise becomes the natural conclusion. Anything can be achieved if both the left hand and the right hand work together. Not everyone is reasonable, however. Sometimes others must be coaxed into compromise. For that, the House Hlaalu Slayers stand ready.

Edited by Metallumere
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

Hello,

I am very interested in joining the house Hlaalu after reading your post. My desire in WURM is to play with other people and to enjoy the concept of trading and having a community. My personal ambitions are to be a grand farmer, or to put it in the house his ranks a cultivator. I personaly enjoy the chores that comes with the farming life in both WURM and other games. I have a lots of experience with farming in Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons games, but also within Wurm as I played Unlimited for a time until they announced to no longer update the game.

I am willing to put in the time and effort to work my way up and want to contribute to the community the house creates. I will be able to play at launch on 24th of july. I am open for any questions or comments if there are certain things that need to be clarified. My time zone is EU CEST.

Friendly greetings,

Vireni

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vireni said:

to play with other people and to enjoy the concept of trading and having a community.

Approved! Welcome to House Hlaalu~
I'll be PM'ing you an invite to our discord...just as soon as discord comes back online anyway. Even their status site is down!

• Like 1

Hello, I am interested in joining House Hlaalu on the new Steam PvE server. I am on the East Coast of the US if you were wondering and I am available to help beginning at the time of release. After I get promoted from a cottar I hope to become a freelancer or cultivator if need be since I farmed quite a bit when I last played. I hope I will be able to join because it will be much more fun to play with more people. I know I will be able to contribute a lot and be of great help. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

MJ

• Like 1

Hi there,

I'm going to be completely honest and just say, I have absolutely no experience on Wurm Online but want to start my journey with House Hlaalu. Even with my lack of experience I'll be very dedicated and play upwards of 5 hours on most days, grinding for Hlaalu. I'd like to either be a Slayer or a Masoner. Well, thats all I have to say, I hope I'll be able to join House Hlaalu! (Timezone is US CST)

-Pyrozen

• Like 1

And that'll do it! As much as i regret to say it, it's now in our best interest to close off further recruitment until the first few hours of the server opening. We don't want to have to run all the way back to Heartland to pickup any late joiners.
You may still message me or leave a response here, but i'll likely be busy until we find a place to settle and get things moving.
I'll get back to recruiting as soon as i can!

Wealth beyond measure!

Hey there. I'm new to WO and would love to join the guild! (I dig the TES reference btw). I'd like to contribute in any way I can. Give me a task and I will do my best to accomplish it. I'd like to help the guild achieve its ambitious goal of wealth and say that I had a part in it. I'd really like to become some sort of Smith in the long run. I'm usually available from 4pm est and on. 

Hello,

I'm a returning player (10k hours in WO and WU combined), looking for a peaceful settlement. My plan is to become a Fo priest (a very long term plan), but meanwhile I could do pretty much anything else, if needed.

I want to play only casually this time, but it's possible that I'll end up buying premium at some point (goodbye life).

Edited by Borgir
  • Like 1

Hello There,

I am a new Player to WO, but someone who spent some time to Life is Feudal,

my ambitions are to contribute to a society, have fun with people and "just work" not yet sure as what because i do not yet know that is really appealing to me but may it be as a working priest or a Hardworking miner, I am interested.

I can only play in the evening and on weekends but I am really good at talking to people and also not shy about discord / Teamspeak whatsover.

• Like 1

We'll be opening recruitment back up.
With the server instability as it was, we went from 5 highly organized teams of 3 or 4 to...maybe just a team and a half.
As a result, settling down has been quite slow. So, please be patient as we work to organize things better.

4 hours ago, solotravler said:

i am new to the game how can i join your guild?

On 7/15/2020 at 5:31 PM, Metallumere said:

If you feel you would be a fine fit for House Hlaalu, simply post here your desire to contribute and what your grand ambitions are. I'll reach out to approved posts and send our server invite over a PM.

Unless you mean, how do i literally join someone else's guild? In which case, we just send you an invite to the settlement.

Hello, 

Im new to WO but i would like to join you guys. Atm im playing like 6-8 hours a day and trying my best to learn the game.

I still dont have a goal yet, but im sure i can be of some help to your prupose with hard labor.

7 hours ago, Metallumere said:

Unless you mean, how do i literally join someone else's guild? In which case, we just send you an invite to the settlement.

i mean join your guild 

Hey id like to join too. I really like crafting so Id like to contribute with gathering and crafting wood items such as wagons, ships, containers etc. Also some farming and animal husbandry on the side. I would say my greatest ambition is to make all the money and maybe someday build a Caravel. Hope to hear soon from you all. o/

Edited by Jerryc
  • Like 1

Spoiler

MqdAD0Q.png
hxMfDJS.png

It's been quite productive lately. What started as little more than a camp on a beach is becoming quite the visage from the shores.
We've already made some silver and paid out premiums to a few members accordingly.
We've even made a few allies here and there, looking forwards to more.
We're still open to recruitment of course! Come one come all, House Hlaalu is here on the northernmost shore of the island at q/r20.

My wife and I are just finishing up downloading the game and getting ready to hop in!  As completely new players we would Love to join you guys and help out as we learn the game!  

I am planning to play a Priest of (TBD), and she is interested in Animal Husbandry.  

• Like 1

I played Wurm a LONG time ago, before online came out. I loved it and I am looking forward to getting back into it. My overall goal would be to become a Councilman but my short term goal would be to become a Master Smitherman. Maybe even set up a Artisans guild within the group for Masters of each profession so people from neighboring towns or wanders can come and request goods and services. My in game name is Marleth

• Like 2

Hello! I'd like to join if y'all are still recruiting! Hit me up and let me know!

Recreating Morrowind in Wurm? Hell yeah! Sign me up

I'm pretty new to this game and got a char dabbling in a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I'm willing to fit in whatever role seems expedient.

• Like 1