Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

New Server Name Poll

New Server Name Poll  

348 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should the PvP server keep the name Rumble?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Should the PvE server keep the name Heartland?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/07/20 at 02:34

Glad to see Wurm hasn't changed much, LOL!

1 hour ago, Radni said:

Glad to see Wurm hasn't changed much, LOL!

Nope! It really hasn't. lol

Can't please everyone. 🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, wipeout said:

The only thing with that is that people who first settle there tend to decide on the names and if they stick around those names sooner then later tend to become popular so breaking that tradition would lead to the same thing we have here
Where as starter towns have always been up to the devs and we never had a real say in it hence why we had "new town" for a very very long time across multiple maps until the closer of jkh as it was the town where new people start(original right?) but everyone was happy with the name anyway yet nt lake had many names(1 of which was oracle's cloning lab) given by us the players

True.  But if a feature is named on a map, most will go with that name, and it will be the official name even if other nicknames are used.  

45 minutes ago, Lotus1 said:

Can't please everyone. 🤷‍♂️

but wurm should be trying to please the 90% instead of the 10%... why do you think wurms numbers have been steadily declining over the years since the announcement of Wurm Unlimited... now with RMT ban its slowly starting to come back, but very slowly

• Like 2

My entries were Defiance for PvP and Endeavour for PvE. I don't care about prizes or bragging rights, I just wanted servers with appropriate names that fit with the existing naming scheme. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Evilreaper said:

but wurm should be trying to please the 90% instead of the 10%... why do you think wurms numbers have been steadily declining over the years since the announcement of Wurm Unlimited... now with RMT ban its slowly starting to come back, but very slowly

Have you read any of my posts before this in this thread. Any at all?... lol

Edited by Lotus1

Glad to know I will not be referring to myself as a heartlandan, or a rumblian. 

I would refer myself being a wurmian before that

Retrograde 

Come on man no matter what names you call them Ppl will say no, why not just pick 2 names no matter if there called luke and duke

and just stay with them.. does it matter that much ?? big waste of time if you ask me.

No offense to the person who suggested those names but I am glad they will not be the actual names of the servers. At least hopefully.

15 hours ago, Nordlys said:

I guess "Freedom" is off the chart, but 50% would have been a good guess anyway. :P 

Freedom would be good, but with the clusters being named northern and southern freedom I think it wouldnt suit.

19 hours ago, Schiann said:

My entries were Defiance for PvP and Endeavour for PvE. I don't care about prizes or bragging rights, I just wanted servers with appropriate names that fit with the existing naming scheme. 

I think Defiance would be a great name for pvp!  I love it!

Someone put an end to this neverending drumroll of a name situation!! 🤯

Edit: So that the new wave of complaints may unleash 😂

Edited by Alpengeist

Why do people keep posting name they think is good to be used ?

That part of contest is over already so you can stop that

They already got a list with name to choose from  

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Madt said:

Freedom would be good, but with the clusters being named northern and southern freedom I think it wouldnt suit.

"Freedom the Nth"  

Double entendre entendred

I think it's a safe assumption that we the players know what we want, it's only logical to let us participate in  the development/future of the game. I'm glad our opinions were finally listened to and I hope this continues to be the norm when trying to do something controversial or just silly.

• Like 4

whatever you pick will have fans and haters, good luck with that 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeston said:

I liked heartland, had a good PVE feel to it, but rumble does sound better as the starter deed name vs the whole server. I feel most people voted heartland down cause they simply want another chance at winning.

lol click the links.

I forgot to vote, but would have voted down because it sounds strange.

Edited by Idlamn

3 hours ago, Jeston said:

I liked heartland, had a good PVE feel to it, but rumble does sound better as the starter deed name vs the whole server. I feel most people voted heartland down cause they simply want another chance at winning.

I disliked Heartland much more than Rumble, it's so generic, unimaginative and cliche

With the north and south designations for Freedom clusters, Heartland seemed odd and literally out of place to me.

Edited by Eyesgood

So if these are The Freedom Isles, and now we have North and South, leaving only East and West to pick from, does that mean that after only one or two more server launches we will have a server called WTF Isles?