Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

New Server Name Poll

New Server Name Poll  

348 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should the PvP server keep the name Rumble?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Should the PvE server keep the name Heartland?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/07/20 at 02:34

just call the 2 servers chad and mega chad and be done with it id say

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Skatyna said:

only BL starter should be named Rumble. Dont dare to put this crap on MR

Nah dude, that's got MR Starter written all over it. Stone rumbles, you've got a mountain vibe going. 

1 minute ago, wipeout said:

PvP Server - Chad

PvE Server - Stacy

Edited by Enzius
  • Like 1

I think they got it right 1st time round, wilds and home server please.

kis approach

• Like 1

I honestly think the devs should double down and name the server WWE Smackdown!™ Live 2020

Edited by user

My vote for PvE is someone else's suggestion, Harmony, and for PvP I still like my suggestion the best, Strife.

I think Strife fits well with the name Harmony and also fits well with Chaos.  Harmony is just a perfect name as well, whoever thought of it deserves a cookie.

2 hours ago, wipeout said:

I wanted to like your post but I didn't wanna force you over 666 forum rep ☺️

I made a tournament bracket. I included every name I could find in this thread and the original "Send us your names" thread, and obviously we couldn't get each potential name to fight in a free-for-all fight to the death but it's the thought that counts
https://docdro.id/WXm8mpg

edit: disregard the "pvp title" at the top, the left brackets are PVP and the right brackets are PVE

Edited by rangerklypf

3 hours ago, Enzius said:

Nah dude, that's got MR Starter written all over it. Stone rumbles, you've got a mountain vibe going. 

PvP Server - Chad

PvE Server - Stacy

And rename Xanadu "Stacy's mom" (has got it going on) 

PvE server = Kevin.

PvP server = Karen.

Jokes aside I'm glad they are listening to feedback but without a list to vote on names, they just get the feedback we don't like the picked names so far.

1 hour ago, rangerklypf said:

I made a tournament bracket. I included every name I could find in this thread and the original "Send us your names" thread, and obviously we couldn't get each potential name to fight in a free-for-all fight to the death but it's the thought that counts

edit: disregard the "pvp title" at the top, the left brackets are PVP and the right brackets are PVE

I'm not seeing the ones I posted on original thread in there 😉

2 hours ago, rangerklypf said:

I don't see "Synergy' in there.  Ah, wait, that was in the name announcement thread, which I think you may not have included.

22 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

I don't see "Synergy' in there.  Ah, wait, that was in the name announcement thread, which I think you may not have included.

The largest roster I could find was 64 "teams" so I just filled it up

Maybe there are better names according to your place of origin, religion or culture but a competition is a competition and if the winners get 2nd prize then whats the point of running a competition that had no 2nd place when it was launched. If the Wurm team are going to run their competitions this way then they should state that winners might not be the winners if enough people complain.

• Like 2

I find it funny like many people point again names, they suggested, in hope that maybe those would be picked.

Devs already have full list of names that were suggested before.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ChampIAN said:

Maybe there are better names according to your place of origin, religion or culture but a competition is a competition and if the winners get 2nd prize then whats the point of running a competition that had no 2nd place when it was launched. If the Wurm team are going to run their competitions this way then they should state that winners might not be the winners if enough people complain.

They are listening to feedback which is good for the health of the game. It was overwhelmingly negative. You are still getting the prize advertised in the contest thread regardless. 

• Like 3

Its ok people don't dislike you they dislike your entry, you still get the prize so what does it matter. Id prefer a team that can accept they made a bad choice than one that sticks to their guns and runs with an obviously bad decision out of stubbornness, like the rift changes.

• Like 4

You're still getting the full 25s, 6 month premium subscription time, and your suggested name will be the name of one of the towns on the PvP map. You didn't get '2nd prize', you got the full prize offered, and they even kept your name in a major form to maintain that aspect of legacy as well. 

Perhaps you could take a moment to realize that while a few members of the wurm team liked your name, not only does it not fit in with Wurm server name conventions, but it is wildly unpopular. This is nothing about you, purely the fact that a name that you liked, and a small handful of other people liked, is something the overwhelming majority of the community does not think is a good name for a wurm server.

Congratulations on winning, and getting a great prize, but perhaps maybe don't whine about the fact that CCAB chose to be responsive to the desires of 90% of the playerbase.

• Like 1

Oh, so you're saying we still get bragging rights for naming the new servers as was stated at the beginning of the competition?

14 minutes ago, Arronicus said:

You're still getting the full 25s, 6 month premium subscription time, and your suggested name will be the name of one of the towns on the PvP map. You didn't get '2nd prize', you got the full prize offered, and they even kept your name in a major form to maintain that aspect of legacy as well. 

Perhaps you could take a moment to realize that while a few members of the wurm team liked your name, not only does it not fit in with Wurm server name conventions, but it is wildly unpopular. This is nothing about you, purely the fact that a name that you liked, and a small handful of other people liked, is something the overwhelming majority of the community does not think is a good name for a wurm server.

Congratulations on winning, and getting a great prize, but perhaps maybe don't whine about the fact that CCAB chose to be responsive to the desires of 90% of the playerbase.

3 minutes ago, ChampIAN said:

Oh, so you're saying we still get bragging rights for naming the new servers as was stated at the beginning of the competition?

Any bragging rights or other fame you would have got, will dwindle the more you fight this

Take it with grace

Edited by Derp
  • Like 2

If you're going to change the winning names then it has to be a names that were chosen by the Wurm team and not those that were entered in the competition.

Could make a list of the fave names (as chosen by staff) and make a poll for each Pvp and Non pvp servers and let the community decide the fate of the new servers. I dunno democracy or some sht

9 minutes ago, ChampIAN said:

If you're going to change the winning names then it has to be a names that were chosen by the Wurm team and not those that were entered in the competition.

I know it must suck seeing the name you picked be disliked by the community at large but end of the day community health is important to you the name might mean a different thing then to others but to most of us we just can not take it serious if the server was called rumble or heartland for that matter it does not fit with previous names of previous servers and 1 doesnt fit with wurm and the other is just a bad awful reminder of a show used to torture people
End of the day you dont want the steam reviews and everyone who currently plays to be making fun of the new servers as it will lead to people not taking the game serious so be happy you got the price and realize that ya you won your name will still be used just not on the scale of what it was

As for bragging rights like come on whats that going to net you? "oh look at that guy he named the server he must be so popular" just be glad the name still gets used a lot of others arent getting anything out of it so who cares in the end of the day the servers need a name that fits with the overall theme of wurm and previous servers unless its a event/place specific name like say jackal

• Like 2

Aha! just dawned on me... this is boatymcboatface all over again. The pvp server will now be named -   David Attenborough

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ChampIAN said:

It's Boaty McBoatface all over again!

The devs are on the horns of a dilemma here.  On the one hand, the competition ran its course as advertised and the winners are the winners.   On the other hand, devs can't really predict what new players will think, so what the existing base has to say may well be representative and they wouldn't want to enshrine something that garners a broadly negative reaction.  I do think what we may be overlooking is that there were not 2 prizes here (the prem and silver) but also a third (getting to name the server).  

I totally get that this feels personal and maybe even insulting, and for my part in that I can only apologize, but also please bear in mind that this is a decision that anyone going to the new servers will have to live with permanently.  We have no idea of the discussion and arguments that took place before this pick, but I for one would really liked to have reacted with a MOI-like "Oh, yeah, of course!" and frankly never came near that.

I think the approach of everyone submit and then the devs simply pick was probably flawed from the start.  In hindsight, maybe it should have been devs pick maybe 3 to 5 finalists for each and put it to a vote.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Snoo said:

Aha! just dawned on me... this is boatymcboatface all over again. The pvp server will now be named -   David Attenborough

SNAP!  I was still typing when the notice for your post popped up and after I post, there's boaty mcboatface in your post too!