Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

New Server Name Poll

New Server Name Poll  

348 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should the PvP server keep the name Rumble?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Should the PvE server keep the name Heartland?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/07/20 at 02:34

1 hour ago, solmark said:

PvE - Arcadia - an image or idea of life in the countryside that is believed to be perfect
Malevolence - PvP - meaning wanting to cause harm ; well you know what you are getting if you land on this server!

I like the idea of Malevolence as a server name.

Insanity or Lunacy could be fun too. We all need a bit of madness to play this game :)

• Like 1

Good call on putting the vote up. Those names are really unfitting.

Since we are potentially in for new names, might as well throw some in :)

PVE: Equivalence

PVP: Dissonance

Both describe well what they are, kinda in line with existing names and easy for abbreviations: Equi & Disso (for those who like that ;) )

Edited by MacOofer
  • Like 1

Lets call the PvP server Chiraq, it has pre existing meaning that suits the server well.

Props to the devs giving the winners their prizes and listening to the feedback about a name change.

Listening to the community is always a tough job. In the end I think the decision to keep the current winners and due to feedback electing another vote is a huge step up.

I'm happy to see the compromise beeing made for the names to go to the Starterdeeds, which seem very fitting.

In conclusion I like this change a LOT

• Like 3

Should my rare huge shod club keep the name Rumble?

□ yes

□ no

If I was cynical, I'd suggest Hope (PvE) and Chance (PvP), or Dependence and Order, but I'm not a cynical bittervet 🙄. Would have to rummage on these bare brain tiles to try find something actually good.

Edited by Ulviirala

I mentioned on the other thread how whatever there decision with the name change would affect my respect for them. I'm really glad they aren't just rolling with these names and actually listening. You guys earn my respect for that.

"Harmony" is the best PvE suggestion I have heard.

I was thinking of suggesting "Assault" as PvP server name but then I realized that people would just shorten it to the first three letters and that might seem inappropriate.

Edited by griper
edited for spElliNg
  • Like 1

I think my suggestions were Perseverance for pve and Dissention or Dissidence for pvp i forget which of the two it was. I think they're inkeeping with the other server names.

16 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The starting town for the PvE server would become Heartland, and a kingdom will have their starting town on the PvP server named Rumble. 

only BL starter should be named Rumble. Dont dare to put this crap on MR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skatyna said:

only BL starter should be named Rumble. Dont dare to put this crap on MR

MR -> Mol-Rehan -> Mol-RUMBLE

There's no other kingdom that makes sense to get rumble except MR. 

• Like 1

negative, mr does not need some dumb childish name...lol

21 minutes ago, Arronicus said:

There's no other kingdom that makes sense to get rumble except MR. 

You are very wrong my friend. It just screams to be BL starter town. Thing is, every BLer kills noob BLers around spawn all the time. its just the way it is, always rumble in the jungle style of play, so naming the starter rumble its like a "bullz eye" shot.

But joking aside, for a such "genuine" name that literally nobody likes the biggest honour should be putting this name to this:  Battle Camp Rumble has appeared in the northwest regions.

Not even a starter should be named that lol

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 2

So, here is an opinion: The poll is doomed from the start.  When you have a choice between "a" and the other option being "infinite possibilities", people are gonna choose "infinite".  There will always be better options.  Worse ones too, but by nature, we are going to hope for better.  So the second you decided to put this to a vote, you doomed the chosen names.

If you had posted just one alternate name as the other choice (A specific name, rather than "other") in the poll, then we would have had a much fairer result.

Please pick two other server names and redo the poll, only giving us the choice between the current winner names and the alternate names.  I promise it will make this all go a lot smoother.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

So, here is an opinion: The poll is doomed from the start.  When you have a choice between "a" and the other option being "infinite possibilities", people are gonna choose "infinite".  There will always be better options.  Worse ones too, but by nature, we are going to hope for better.  So the second you decided to put this to a vote, you doomed the chosen names.

If you had posted just one alternate name as the other choice (A specific name, rather than "other") in the poll, then we would have had a much fairer result.

Please pick two other server names and redo the poll, only giving us the choice between the current winner names and the alternate names.  I promise it will make this all go a lot smoother.

If this was with done with better names from the start, I would agree with what you are saying; however, you might want to read the other thread that started this thread in the first place. I don't think I read even one post where someone liked the name Rumble. Not one. lol (and if there is, it got lost in the fray)

While allowing us to choose between a few names might be nicer, this is still better than nothing.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lotus1 said:

If this was with done with better names from the start, I would agree with what you are saying; however, you might want to read the other thread that started this thread in the first place. I don't think I read even one post where someone liked the name Rumble. Not one.

This checks out with what I read too, and from all the suggestions I saw, there was very, very few that I thought were worse than Rumble.  It's better this way too though, Heartland makes a nice starting town name on the PvE, and Rumble makes a decent name for the MR start town

• Like 3

I do genuinely feel for the winners of the competition.  However, in a brainstorm we all generally have both terrific and terrible - and hope the terrible ones get buried in the pile on the floor.  It is no shame to put up a poor idea in such a setting, but we should hope to filter it out.

This re-think is a good move.

I still like my original suggestions of 'Ferocity' for PvP and 'Fellowship' for PvE.

Those seem very consistant with the existing norms of server naming,  though there've been some very good offerings of names by others as well that would be fine names.

• Like 1

I only suggested one name for PvE and that was Revival. I don't think it's as good as some of the other names out there, but it was a suggestion nevertheless.

maybe put up the top 10-20 names and let the voting  help bring it down to top 4 then devs decide 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Madt said:

I think my suggestions were Perseverance for pve and Dissention or Dissidence for pvp i forget which of the two it was. I think they're inkeeping with the other server names.

Dissension is good for PvP. Harmony is good for PvE.

Wrap it up boys.

11 hours ago, solmark said:

PvE - Arcadia - an image or idea of life in the countryside that is believed to be perfect
Malevolence - PvP - meaning wanting to cause harm ; well you know what you are getting if you land on this server!

I really like those. Arcadia especially.

• Like 1