Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

New Server Name Poll

New Server Name Poll  

348 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should the PvP server keep the name Rumble?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Should the PvE server keep the name Heartland?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/07/20 at 02:34

HI Everyone!

With the announcement of the new server names, we did receive some feedback regarding the name choices. 

With that in mind, we've opened this poll to gauge your opinions on whether we should pick new names for each server, or keep them.

If we do rename a server, it will be an internal decision, but the names we have chosen already will still exist in-game. The starting town for the PvE server would become Heartland, and a kingdom will have their starting town on the PvP server named Rumble. 

We'll let this voting go for 48 hours and review at the time of closure!

If you do vote for new names, the people who entered the new name picked will also receive the reward of 6 months premium and 25s 

• Like 12

That's a sound decision and seems like the good way to go forward. Well done team.

• Like 6

+1 ... thanks for listening to feedback.... honestly, I kinda really like the names as the names of towns. 

• Like 4

I think many people, including me, suggested names fitting in a current naming scheme. Such names as Independence, Deliverance or Celebration are beautiful. I think this naming scheme should be upheld.  

• Like 15

Why does this even need to be a community thing? Just pick some generic RP name like with all the other servers. PvP can be Hades, Oblivion or Niflheim etc and PvE could be Eden, Elysium or McDonalds etc

Edited by MightySheep
  • Like 2
  • Cat 1

Thank you Retrograde for putting this to a vote/giving different names further consideration. 

Edited by Arronicus

Gotta give credit to the team for admitting their mistake and taking corrective action. Really nice to see.

• Like 7

Yes the winners should get the reward.

But new names do need to be picked , they just seem out of place .

But classy move.   

Might be just be a nationality thing but for us Yankee types “Rumble” as a noun doesn’t convey the gravitas that pvp type players are probably looking for.  Heartland is more passable IMHO even though for me it invokes a Canadian show about horses.

• Like 3

Heartland is kind of a weird name considering all of the servers are islands. Would be a good settlement name though.

Don't know who suggested it but in the original thread someone suggested "Ferocity" for PVP and "Fellowship" for PVE. Love those and they fit in with the names of the existing servers. And the alliteration sounds nice.

Edited by Sulevi
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, Jpopuza said:

Heartland is more passable IMHO even though for me it invokes a Canadian show about horses.

As a Canadian...

59 minutes ago, Arronicus said:

No just no stop that i had to hear that song every single day for a month during dinner and listen to them go on and on and on not to long ago as my mom wanted to watch that show again please just no i dont want to be tormented with it again

Well done to whoever it was who listened or saw that most people were perplexed by the decision.

It takes intelligence and no little bravery to realise that the original verdict may have been flawed even if made with the best of intentions.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Syhl said:

"Harmony" as PVE server name !

I like it. It's very suitable for a PVE server and shows its very distinct difference from the pvp server.

Good idea to pick new names - your choice on these ones were awful. 

• Like 2

Thank you for reaching out to the community on behalf of this!  

Although i do not agree with the hostile responses towards the server names, I do understand that there is a lot of passion for our presentation as a community. 

That being said, in the event the names of the server(s) do change,  Will the new names be pulled from the previous thread?

I enjoy the thought of a starter town being called Rumble, for some reason when i think of a town called that, i think of Rumbleton. 

Edited by Kichi

Good job listening to the feedback!
Now I do feel a bit bad for the people who send in the existing names..
So naming the starting towns and giving them their price anyway is the way to go. 👍

1 hour ago, Syhl said:

"Harmony" as PVE server name !

I really like Harmony for pve too! And Tempest for pvp.

• Like 7

PvE - Arcadia - an image or idea of life in the countryside that is believed to be perfect
Malevolence - PvP - meaning wanting to cause harm ; well you know what you are getting if you land on this server!

• Like 5