Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 097 Welcome to the Northern Freedom Isles!

I'll let you rumble in my heartland anytime.

Spoiler

Rumble     Clint Eastwood Memes GIFs | Tenor

• Cat 1

how exactly did they choose name? all in dev team voted? took all suggestions and randomly chose 2? would like to hear some oficial clarification of proces and explanation for this choosing. Considering the situation.

• Like 2

Congrats to the winner! And horayy for the beautiful artwork Malena did! ♥️ I can not wait to see the trailer! 🤗

• Like 3

Time to claim everything in the name of the southern freedom isles FOR GLORY AND VICTORY!

• Like 2

I will say that the new server names don't fit in with the others.

Must be why they are up north 😛

Grats to winners and art work is nice!

Edited by Raycg
Forgot to say grats and mention the art
  • Like 1

Heartland's okay.

Rumble sounds like a cheesy Japanese game show name. lol

• Like 2

Love the art, especially the Key art. And I'm especially happy to see a preview of the creature icons. But the server names are a disappointment.

Heartland - Sounds so cliched, as if every virtual world ever has a "heartland" so Wurm should too. I've tossed this name on maps I made just as filler until I can come up with a more creative name.

Rumble - This is more than just a name that I hate, it sounds like you are trying to attract a juvenile crowd. Not that I have an issue with young gamers, but due to the pace of Wurm, I think your target is off.

I'm not even happy with attaching a North and South to the freedom isle clusters, it just seems a bit like no one wanted to spend time coming up with a new name for the new cluster. And with the new cluster names, It also sounds real obvious that you have already decided to join the new servers to Freedom Isle... down the road.

• Like 2

Can't wait to see the trailer.
Artwork is lovely (and having Key Art is good).
Congrats to the competition winners. 
.... my momma taught me if I didn't have anything nice to say, keep my damn mount shut. 

so I'll just say that I suggested Renaissance (PVE) and Resilience (PVP). /shrug? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, eldarian said:

Iv seen alot stupid crap in my days, but rumble is a child's name and doesn't have a place in wurm. To us wurmians names are significant and part of wurms history. There is no ####### way anyone will take a server name like rumble seriously. This isn't Minecraft or fortnight or any other child's game this is wurm. Re-vote and pick a name that actually fits the game. 

Amazing how 1 day all of wurm is excited and the next day we are all like why the ###### should I play on that server. All because of a name. Great job devs.

This is how i feel, was totally going to make a new character and even had 2 of my buddies excited to join wurm with the new steam launch, now im wondering if that was a good move. lol. still gonna go for it but kinda gonna be embarrassed about the server name. im not upset my names were not chosen, but like many said, there was alot of good names suggested, and probably twice as many submitted.

8 minutes ago, Amata said:

I suggested Renaissance (PVE) and Resilience (PVP)

I prefer those names over the winning names. (Also, the abbreviations work together, Ren and Res)

I didn't expect to win but as a small chance I  tossed in Harmony (pve) and Vigor (pvp)

Edited by Whane

1 minute ago, Mclavin said:

I think my name was good

Triumph

I think most people's name suggestions that I've read are better than Rumble. lol

• Like 6

Sadly those names are pretty bad.

I am going to have a hard time asking people with a straight face to come play on rumble with us.

It sounds like a bad joke.

• Like 10

Might as well throw in my two rocks worth. I don't care for the new server names, either, especially Rumble which sounds ( and is ) completely foreign to Wurm. Not to mention just plain stupid.

• Like 4

Long time Wurm player... Not comfortable with the name Rumble at all! Does not fit the theme of Wurm and seems very low effort.

• Like 3

Awesome job Malena, as usual :) Thank you for all your passion, dedication and time you have put into the beloved game!

Aside from that ... *sigh* Rumble... really? Really? Why? I mean... Well, I do not really play PvP at all in Wurm, so I will just close my eyes and pretend such abomination of a name does not exist in Wurm.

• Like 6

Heartland is fine to me but Rumble literally is the weirdest name to have, I like the new target portraits for the new UI though

Edited by Jeston
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nordlys said:

Vinland and Justice

I know you're trying to be nice, but come on... your suggestions are way better than Rumble. Don't fault people who are just stating the obvious.

Edited to Add: I want to take a second and just be really clear on my thoughts here... I don't fault the winners. They did the same as all of us - they submitted their best ideas to a contest with the hopes of winning. And they won, fair and square. As fellow Wurmians, I wouldn't say they, the players themselves, are dumb or have bad ideas or anything. Everyone has ideas and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. They should take their winnings and rock on. 

No, I blame the devs. It was their job to take all the suggestions and come up with a pick for each server. I fault their critical thinking skills. I fault their deciding process, or whatever criteria or rubric they used to narrow down the selection. It doesn't feel like the decision-makers thought enough about the already established pattern of island names. It seems like a pull-from-a-hat pick instead of a well-thought-out process that was given time & attention. What were they doing? What were they thinking? What process did they set down and follow as they evaluated each submission?

That's what's going through my mind right now, not hate on the winners. 

2 hours ago, Nordlys said:

How many lives on any of the current servers because of their names really?

*slowly raises hand*
Although other factors had greater weight in my decision (population density, total island size, age of island)... there were islands that were immediately placed low on the list (or off the list entirely) because of their name. I'm not gonna name names, but all things being equal - yeah, a thing's name does matter. 

Edited by Amata
  • Like 7
  • Cat 1

Box art was specifically mentioned.   When can we excpect to see Wurm Online sold in retail stores?  I'd like a few copies for my collection!   It's amazing to hear Wurm is big enough now to be a household name and have the money to release on physical media!   Nothing like a nice Box, Manual, and Disc!

What stores will sell it?  Best Buy, Gamestop, Wal-Mart?

Also, can we get a triple monitor version of the background wall paper?   My resolution is 5040x1050 and none of these work right :(

Edited by Nomadikhan

8 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

Box art was specifically mentioned.   When can we excpect to see Wurm Online sold in retail stores?  I'd like a few copies for my collection!   It's amazing to hear Wurm is big enough now to be a household name and have the money to release on physical media!   Nothing like a nice Box, Manual, and Disc!

What stores will sell it?  Best Buy, Gamestop, Wal-Mart?

Physical media is dead, everyone has been trying to push the digital scene for a long time now, even this move to steam is just that. If they ever consider a physical wurm it would probably be a kickstarter because I doubt the new owners are looking to gamble their trickling profits in a niche dying practice.

Although I couldn't tell if this was satire or not lol my response is if it's not satire.

My day is ruined and my disappointment is immeasurable.

• Like 7