Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 097 Welcome to the Northern Freedom Isles!

Heartland I can live with.  Rumble?  When someone asks me what server I play on, I have to say I play on Rumble?  That just sounds weird.  I'm disappointed in the name choices when there were so many really good ones that people posted but I agree with Nordlys.  Bring on the 24th!

• Like 1

Rumble? LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Are you guys 5?

It's like you nerds don't even try.

Rumble sounds like a Call of Duty map.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bradcub said:

Can we please have a community vote on the top 5 names for each server.

No. Because:

1. Steam chose names and devs cannot tell us about it

2. Devs are never wrong.

No slam on the players who won - congrats to you both. 

But seriously, "Heartland" makes no sense for the "NORTHERN" Freedom Isles.  How can it be the HEART, when it is not in the center?  Sorry guys, but that makes ZERO sense.  

This is what should have happened.  The dev team should have condensed the list to 3 names for each server from those submitted and then let the players have the final vote.

So, I will go ahead and mention my choices, which will probably get just as much flak, and that's fine.    

PVE:  Harmony

PVP:  Tumult

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 1

for my first ever wurm post, i just want to say, these names are the worst server names to date 😕

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Chronical said:

for my first ever wurm post, i just want to say, these names are the worst server names to date 😕

I've reached my limit for clicking the heart today, so now I am going to have to reply to anyone I agree with.

This, I agree with.

• Like 2

I am really sorry for Malena/Catspurr. Her amazing art burried under this. 

• Like 11

Nice intro to anyone in the Steam Community that hasn't played Wurm.  Seeing the name Rumble definitely is a great first impression.  Gives it that WWE vibe everyone has been clamoring for.  Pretty much encapsulates a lot of the decision making we've come to expect.

• Like 5

Ugh. All I hear is the old WWE/WWF Let's get ready to RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEee each time I see that name. So 1980s.

My choices were from  mythology, which I'm sure nobody even took time to look up:

Arcadia :A vision of pastoralism and harmony with nature (Greek mythology)

Irkalla :The underworld from which there is no return in Babylonian mythology.

3 minutes ago, Urbanius said:

Nice intro to anyone in the Steam Community that hasn't played Wurm.  Seeing the name Rumble definitely is a great first impression.  Gives it that WWE vibe everyone has been clamoring for.  Pretty much encapsulates a lot of the decision making we've come to expect.

Wurm has always been the closest thing to WWE you can get in gaming. The target market is the same as well. 

• Like 2

To me the picking of the names feel like someone wrote down all the names on pieces of paper, put them in a bowl, and just picked the first one they took.

I saw lots of great suggestions, neither of these names are that. Quite disappointing when you think about the importance of the Steam launch.

Congrats to the winners though....

• Like 5

What the hell kinda name is Rumble, eh? How'd a muppet like you pass selection?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Darwin said:

Wurm has always been the closest thing to WWE you can get in gaming. The target market is the same as well. 

Screw it... let's double down then.  Ditch the tabards and let everyone run around in unitards to increase the intended immersion.

btw, am I the only one offended by the fact that they forced us to be the south, and not north? :P

Those key art concepts are incredible, and the names for the servers are very fitting, congratulations to the winners.

These are exciting times.

• Like 2

Nice art work , is this a hint at random attacks from mobs on certain size deeds ?

If you dont want it to happen to you , build a certain totem to keep them at bay/attacking  you .

As for the names...   are you for real ?

Rumble ?/  and Heartland ?

Rumble just seems so out of place .

As for Heartland waiting to see fields of grain and bison running across a large open grassy fields with a U.S flag in the distance ...

Grats to the winners ... 

• Like 3

are you kidding me? four sites of "mememe"? thats crazy! and hillarious and whatever!  🤣

i only say: "lets get ready to ruuuummmbbllllee!" (yes yes.... world wrestling federation is greeting... lol)

my names were:  pve= isis ; pvp= xerxes

sadly they werent liked.  ^-^

so, congratz to the two winner!

ps: malenas nice screen went down under these lots of mememes....

Now I understand why Retrograde waited so long before announcing the names.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Ryaanna said:

I am really sorry for Malena/Catspurr. Her amazing art burried under this. 

Aww thanks for thinking of me Ryaanna, that's very sweet. ❤️ It's fine though. I do understand that if players are upset with the name choices, it will overshadow anything else and is to be expected! :)

Congratulations to the winners btw! How exciting for you!

Speaking of exciting, I literally cannot WAIT for Steam launch. And as for the trailer, I'm bursting at the seams for Retro to be able to share it with you all very soon! 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

What's in a name?

And the winners are... *drumroll*

Reveal hidden contents

WLaTBOa.jpg

Congratulations! These two players will go down in history with the ability to brag about naming these new, wild, lands of the Northern Freedom Isles.

Is this an out of season april fools joke?

like realy, rumble?

I think Sklotopolis would've been a better pick

Edited by Gevard
  • Like 4

Iv seen alot stupid crap in my days, but rumble is a child's name and doesn't have a place in wurm. To us wurmians names are significant and part of wurms history. There is no ####### way anyone will take a server name like rumble seriously. This isn't Minecraft or fortnight or any other child's game this is wurm. Re-vote and pick a name that actually fits the game. 

Amazing how 1 day all of wurm is excited and the next day we are all like why the ###### should I play on that server. All because of a name. Great job devs.

• Like 9