Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 097 Welcome to the Northern Freedom Isles!

These server names are as out of place as the UI lol.

• Like 3

The names are fine. We're here for the game, not for server names.

rumble sounds like an advertisement for a new fortnite season

Edited by Votip
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Satch said:

The names are fine. We're here for the game, not for server names.

Definitely not fine

• Like 4

Rumble... LMAO 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

wasnt planning to rumble on that new rumble anyways, but this just confirmed my choice lol

• Like 1

Wurmians shouldnt vote and choose.

Wurmians should agree.

Sounds like all steam idea.

Edited by Xagru
  • Like 1

I think Heartland is okay, Rumble... hmm, sounds weird (unless the server contains some rumble like events?) Congratz to the lucky winners though :) 

I really like the art and would love to see more Wurm art.

One question - will the homepage for Wurm Online be redone too with new graphics, fitting the new Wurm logo and ingame UI? It's pretty dated and I think the new art would really spice it up too :D 

• Like 1

out of so many suggestions i seriously can belive those were two the best ones... don't like them at all aswell

• Like 4

We always call them: Steamland1, Steamland2 :D

YES for art. 👍

• Like 2

Those names don't fit in with the rest of the names, give the winners their prize but pick some other names please.

• Like 4

Too bad theres 3 pages already with whining about what servers are named - i wonder how many who actually thinks the names are decent or dont care, but they dont wish to speak up because theres a mob outside their door waiting to quote them and tell them its rubbish names.

I couldnt care less about the names (well, i would if i won with Vinland and Justice - thought that was gonna be 24months straight into my pocket), cause come on - its just names for a server. How many lives on any of the current servers because of their names really? Im sure we can manage to make some decent communities on the new servers also, as we have proven to do on the existing ones. 

But i do however care about the fantastic art that @Malenais putting out once again. Your drawing is amazing! :) You should get 3 pages of salutes!

Now, can we fast forward to the 24th already?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

How many lives on any of the current servers because of their names really?

count me

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

Too bad theres 3 pages already with whining about what servers are named - i wonder how many who actually thinks the names are decent or dont care, but they dont wish to speak up because theres a mob outside their door waiting to quote them and tell them its rubbish names.

I find it funny this is the best defence and yet we've had some people state they think Heartlands is fine and yet nobody seems to have quoted them to do this.

Come on.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

How many lives on any of the current servers because of their names really?

the name of the server is like the first thing people see when selecting a server on the portal, so quite a lot of people.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, LaRue said:

ZSrIkQ3.png

Adolescent sourdough roll??

Thats a Spider for the Spider is a Blob Setting

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Madnath said:

I find it funny this is the best defence and yet we've had some people state they think Heartlands is fine and yet nobody seems to have quoted them to do this.

Come on.

Its not a defence - my suggestions didnt win (i wrote them there). Im just stating my meaning here. :) 

Valid point, OR - didnt think of the names you see on the portals:

8 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

the name of the server is like the first thing people see when selecting a server on the portal, so quite a lot of people.

Edited by Nordlys

Server name is like your address.  You dont want to live on address with awful name.

YPiZBlp.png

Edited by Ryaanna
  • Like 9

I love how the only remotely official response to 3 pages of "wtf is rumble" is more or less: how dare you have an opinion on what you're going to have to put up with for years to come if the game doesn't get steam neg review bombed.. No one is demanding anything but a different name more in keeping with the game ... AT ALL.. Like I don't even mind the 2 picked getting the prizes that's whatever but as has been said already rumble has no place at all in Wurm and Heartland is also a little out of place and could do with a slight change.

Edited by manthium
  • Like 1

so whens the live stream so we can all go yell at each other?

Can we please have a community vote on the top 5 names for each server.

• Like 3

Hmm, how cool would it be if the northern quarter of the northern Islands server was mostly Tundra, Mountain &  perma-snow, the southern quarter mostly desert, steppe and VOLCANO, swarming with hellhounds Lavafiends Hell Scorpions.  The middle 50% is normal Wurm.   No impact on farming, resources, etc as that would be way too complicated to do in time anyways.

• The peeps who adore snow, pine trees, alpine could run for that upper 25% of the server :D  (I'm in that batch)
  • The peeps who love volcanos and danger migrate south (esp if more hostile spawns)
  • The 50% who obstinately insist on being "NORMAL" can cluster in the middle half of the server

You can simply "paint" the snow area and, if people want, they can dig it to dirt again and replant in meadows etc, just like they can do with Tundra or Steppe (except just like Tundra, the imapct is permanent ie it does not spread or revert back). Same with Deserts etc. 

enqJ5EX.png

• Like 5
  • Cat 1

19 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

I couldnt care less about the names (well, i would if i won with Vinland and Justice - thought that was gonna be 24months straight into my pocket), cause come on - its just names for a server. How many lives on any of the current servers because of their names really? Im sure we can manage to make some decent communities on the new servers also, as we have proven to do on the existing ones. 

But i do however care about the fantastic art that @Malenais putting out once again. Your drawing is amazing! :) You should get 3 pages of salutes!

Now, can we fast forward to the 24th already?

I'm with Nordlys on this 😛

• Like 1