Sign in to follow this  
Kuvia

trellis questions

Hi there,

I have looked (perhaps not enough but I have looked) and the wiki doesn't seem to have all the info on how/when you can pick your trellis.

NB:

I understand I can plant 4 of these per tile and they can't be shriveled, and need to be in season, and harvested with tools.

The forums have a few posts that state or imply that you need to keep trellis 4 tiles away from "structures" before they will be pick-able.

Is this accurate? If yes, are roads structures too? (Or just walls/houses/fences/gates?)

Hi Kuvia,

I use a trellis as a form of decoration as well as a resource. I place them along the walls of my buildings and can simply harvest as normal when the hops or grapes are in season. I have never had any problems when needing to pick the item.

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any chance they only work on-deed?

That I do not know as I have never tried planting them off-deed. I am sure other people will be able to clarify.

12 minutes ago, Alpengeist said:

They work off-deed just the same :)

Do you know how fast trellis decay off-deed?

just to clarify a bit:

we have a trellis that says the grapes have been harvested already, but we never harvested them

any ideas?

Edited by Kuvia
*mistake fixed

Martynas: They last a while! I sometimes go back to an old deed of mine that fell approx. a year ago, and they are still there growing and sprouting and all that. I think original ql was like 40 or so if it matters. I also live near a fallen deed that has them growing and producing normally. This is for grape and hops trellises. I can't imagine the other types would be any different but honestly haven't seen them personally in an off-deed situation.

Kuvia: It sounds like either someone harvested them already or they aren't ready. I'm not intimately familiar with that particular message.

Edited by Alpengeist

39 minutes ago, Kuvia said:

just to clarify a bit:

we have a trellis that says the grapes have been harvested already, but we never harvested them

any ideas?

All trellises have to be PLANTED and SECURED for them to be harvestable during the season. If you just place them, they grow, but never have any harvest. You have to secure them too. On/off-deed near building/wall/road doesnt matter. They are harvestable everywhere as long as they are mature+ age, are in season and were secured prior the season starts. If you secure them now, they wont give harvest until next season now. Hope that helps

• Like 3