Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Arrows rework by enchant

Hi!

I was wondering if you could give Mag and Libila a spell that can only be casted on arrows and will then make it so that for each 1 power or the cast it will count as a shot.

Could make it so that it loses 1 cast power/shot or make it so that each shot is a roll between losing 1 cast power or taking damage on the physical arrow.

So a 100 power cast on a single arrow could count as 100 shots.

This will remove the need to have a ton of arrows with you and also the need to go pick them up. Not having to go pick the arrows up all the time, not caring if the mob ran away with them and stuff like that would be such a great quality of life improvement.

It will not remove the need for fletching as the physical arrow itself will still need to be imped and repaired.

Could make the spell stack with nimb/botd/woa or rotting touch etc or not, as a way of having to choose: damage but heavy micro or comfort but less damage.

If you think that this could be so good that it would replace the melee combat as the primary way of killing stuff in Wurm you could make the "magic arrows" damage on curve based on the target's CR so could do tons of damage to under 40CR mobs, then like 50% of base damage to a 40+CR and like 25% damage to a unique or a player.

This way ppl could still be able to kill the enemy's mounts in pvp with ease but will hit like a wet noodle when they try to kill the player with it after.

Could call the spell Marrow and  put it in by X-mass! :) 

The goal here is to make the Marrows the meta for grinding archery related combat skills but not have the punch to replace melee combat as the meta versus strong oponents, farming rifts or in pvp.

If balancing that could be too much of a headacke and ppl could just still have 40 arrows with 90+ cast on each and just take the dmg debuff and spam the arrows as a way of killing without having to have armor or lose health then just make the spell have a backfire roll too once in a while (thinking about 2-3 backfires every 10 shots?)

The backfire would be a percentage of the dmg the player caused to their target then diminished by the player's armor and characteristics. The ideea here is to make the player take dmg to remove the ideea of: hey i know is little damage but i am not in danger myself so i just spam small shots and have 10 bow strings with me is fine!

If is still too good could make it so that it needs to be a special arrow that can receive the cast if you have to separate the backfire code from the existing ones and could also make it be max cap imp based on the imper's weaponsmithing skill.

So a person that has 70 fletching and 30 weaponsmithing will imp normal arrows to 77 but the Marrows only to like 46 but then the weapons and armor curve will kick in so the 46 Marrow will be effective 60 or something right?

TLDR: Cast on arrows that will add magic shots based on cast power and will remove the need to go retrieve arrows or care if mobs ran away and now the arrows you spent forever imping are lost. Have the Marrows damage curve based on the target's CR so it does not become the meta way of fighting and replaces melee combat. Less base damage or not being able to stack the cast with nimb/botd/woa or rotting etc. could be an aditional way of having to make a choice between more damage or more comfort.

that would make fletching skill useless pretty much and arrow prices drop, so no -1. Pll who grind up the skill can initially create 30+ql arrows, improve them once with enchanted log and those arrows come up ar 45+ql. more than enough for hunting without the need to pick them up. Just grind up your skill

51 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

that would make fletching skill useless pretty much and arrow prices drop, so no -1. Pll who grind up the skill can initially create 30+ql arrows, improve them once with enchanted log and those arrows come up ar 45+ql. more than enough for hunting without the need to pick them up. Just grind up your skill

I was thinking of how they could re-use as much of existing code to make this happen so how about this:

You will have huntin arrow, war arrow and marrow.

The marrow will function as a minigem as in: based on the marrow's quality a priest of any faith can vessel favor into it.

And then everytime a player priest or not shoots the marrow with any type of bow 1 favor is extracted / shot and the marrow takes damage just as a gem would take damage from favor being taken out of it.

So let's take a medium set-up: 70ql marrow with 70 favor in it would fire 70shots and take like 30 dmg total from them?

So fletching is still needed to re-imp it  to a good quality,  favor is still needed quite often to recharge it and priests can grind channeling thru vessel without needing gems.

On a personal note my crafter has 70+ bowyery and fletching got them in 1 week because i wanted some body control (look it up on niarja if you want), i make suggestions based on what i think it would improve the game for everybody: 1 day character or 10 years character.

like the idea but not the concept of enchanting the arrows, arrows could use more power but this idea fits more a quiver or bow, i'd rather make a spell for a quiver so it actually has some use and make that when you drop the arrows they become bound arrows that are linked to the quiver, so when you shoot them they banish after the hit and return to the quiver after x amount of time, but since they are magic arrows they loose the power to be repared or imped and will be destroyed if removed of it's magic container