Sign in to follow this  
Cayce

[Bug] Snowman statue not producing snowballs

Hey :)

I have the problem that the two snowman statues my partner and me dropped don't produce snowballs. I haven't found that issue on the forums, so maybe it's working for other people?

We dropped them in a mine on our new deed a few days ago and they did not have a single snowball yet. One of them is secured to the ground, one is not. Not sure if that makes any difference. I don't think it's a visual bug as my partner and me both don't see any snowballs. We are using the live preview client, but using the normal client or logging in with an alt does not change anything.

I already tried:
- pushing them
- moving to another tile
- taking them up and drop them again and waited for another day

When we first put them down it was also in a mine and they were working well - only difference is that we lived on Independence at that time and now we are on Exodus. We are also the original owners of these snowman statues.

I have had same issue with my 4 before

When planted outside house they didnt give snowballs some days, some days I got.

I asked around in Ca help alot but non had non idea

I moved them inside house and now i get 4 snowballs each day

thought I could have them ouside since they are snowmen  but guess not

As happy as  they give snowballs now I havnt experimentet with them anymore like I did whenI had them outside

But dont forget to secure them or they maybe get feet

You say that you dropped them, but they need to be planted/secured to work properly.

Are they planted/secured?

1 minute ago, Seriphina said:

You say that you dropped them, but they need to be planted/secured to work properly.

One of them is secured to the ground, one is not. 

25 minutes ago, Seriphina said:

my dropped worked perfectly, so thats not a case

I had a similar problem. I purchased mine from another player and they had snowballs in their hands at the time, but when I got them home, they wouldn't make snowballs. Couldn't figure it out. So I picked them up to take them inside, and I noticed that there were snowballs inside when I picked the snowmen up into my inventory. As soon as I took those snowballs out and put them back on the ground, they started making snowballs.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bakhita said:

I had a similar problem. I purchased mine from another player and they had snowballs in their hands at the time, but when I got them home, they wouldn't make snowballs. Couldn't figure it out. So I picked them up to take them inside, and I noticed that there were snowballs inside when I picked the snowmen up into my inventory. As soon as I took those snowballs out and put them back on the ground, they started making snowballs.

Gosh, I didn't even realize you can open them in inventory, despite picking them up multiple times :D

I can confirm this was the case for me too, they had snowballs inside of them. I took those out and have dropped them again now and will keep an eye out to see if this fixed it for me too. Thank you very much :)

Edited by Cayce
  • Like 1

After taking the snowballs out with the snowman statue in the inventory and then dropping them again, they now indeed spawn new snowballs.

Looks like this is a display bug after all, maybe due to travelling from one server to another? I hope this thread helps to get rid of it in the future :) 

This bug is already on the list.  I'll add your post to the bug and we'll follow it along here.  Thanks for the report and for everyone's assist for the work around.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Hello. My snowman also does not produce snowballs I have tried different ways stated in this thread. The snowman has no balls inside after hiding it into the inventory.