Sign in to follow this  
Zaidonia

Steam Server Names: Result

hello devs,

who is the winner for the steam server name competition? you said you would post the result on 10th.....

• Like 1

Maybe there are many entries or hopefully there are so many great ideas that it is posing them a bit more of a problem to find winners than they originally envisaged.

Wurm is waiting and so can I :)

He actually said he'd post the names on the 10th - its nearly the 12th now.....just saying.....

• Like 2

I#m sure @Retrogradeor his team will announce it in due course. Maybe they have other things going on that are taking their focus

steam wurm release: due on the 24/7 however actual release date like in August somtime cause of naming reasons.

• Like 1

He hasnt been feeling well, and since this is Wurm we are talking about, one guy gets sick and the whole PR “team” dies

• Like 1

cant imagine what itll be like in 2 weeks from now when theres a influx of new players and one person gets sick. 

We'll be announcing it as well as some other things soon. 

• Like 1

He just said "on the 10th" didn't say the tenth of what. Could be the tenth hour, the tenth of August, or even on the 10th circle of hell.

I was once the CM of a game called CastleMinerZ years ago, I accidentally deleted the suggestions forum once, it wasn't a big deal, I apologized and everyone was generally cool about losing all their suggestions.  Doing PR for small games is very forgiving, if the game is solid then all you really need to do is engage and entertain.

3 hours ago, Object said:

I was once the CM of a game called CastleMinerZ years ago, I accidentally deleted the suggestions forum once, it wasn't a big deal, I apologized and everyone was generally cool about losing all their suggestions.  Doing PR for small games is very forgiving, if the game is solid then all you really need to do is engage and entertain.

I played that game years ago on xbox I think 

2 hours ago, steamedlunch said:

I played that game years ago on xbox I think 

XBLIG to be exact.

WV6nRC8.png

"will be ready" doesn't actually mean it will be announced ;)

i see 1 group wanting to call out that something that was said was not been met(in this case the announcement of the names on the 10th) and another group trying to move heaven and earth to try and cover to make it seem like "its all fine nothing wrong" its kinda funny to see

end of the day its a name its not a big deal ill be happy if they where called pvp and pve or 1 and 2 up until release date like a name isnt going to mean that much for us right now

• Like 1

The name might not be a big deal to most, but to the person who's suggestion wins, every time they login they'll be thinking, I named this server :)

Edited by solmark
  • Like 2