Sign in to follow this  
Stormiee

New Player here

Hi all;

I am a brand new player and am wondering if there is a new player guide anywhere you could suggest? I have no idea what I am doing and was looking for tips for just starting //any skills I should work on first thing, Place I should head too excetera..  Thanks..My name in game is Liandriya,

Hi, and welcome to the world of Wurm!

First off i have to advice you to keep the wurmpedia as your closest ally, it holds answers for most of the stuff you find ingame, and have some handy guides like the ones on this page:

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Tutorials

Secondly the CA_Help chat is for any ingame mechanics questions you will encounter. Simply ask there and someone will reply when available, usually pretty quickly after. 

Keep wurming!

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1

The other option to learning the game is to be open to joining an existing deed with experienced members. Guides work well but sometimes it helps to just have people to chat with or bounce ideas off of. If you are interested in that I might suggest listing which server you're located on and maybe some things that caught your eye about the game. By and large the Wurm community is very accommodating and more than happy to take on new players. If you are on Xanadu or interested in moving there I know our deed is always looking and has 10+ active members that are on daily with varying degrees of experience. Best of luck!

Shameless plug here but I did spend my first few months on wurm as a free player so...

The Wurmpedia is your best friend for info about the game.

Bookmark www.wurmpedia.com in your browser.

Essentially every piece of info about Wurm Online including tutorials, items, skills, actions are in there.

Even players who've been around for years and years keep it bookmarked and refer back to the wurmpedia from time to time.

Edited by Tristanc

A new server opens in 2 weeks, better to wait for that, rather than  putting in a lot of effort now.

On 7/11/2020 at 1:41 PM, zCat said:

A new server opens in 2 weeks, better to wait for that, rather than  putting in a lot of effort now.

How so?  The current servers are just as good.  Better imo, because first days of steam will be mass land grabs.

• Like 2