Allow everyone to transfer characters and 100% of their skills to Freedom.

Absolutely no reason to have Epic.

Thanks.

• Like 5
  • Cat 1

52 minutes ago, Entendu said:

Allow everyone to transfer characters and 100% of their skills to Freedom.

Absolutely no reason to have Epic.

Thanks.

And items and deeds and meditations and faith and tomes.  Otherwise i insist to hermit all epic myself alone

• Like 2

I could host Epic on my smart refrigerator Wurm hosting is cheap. Wurms always had the philosophy that your work is here to stay. No reason to have it no reason to get rid of it.

Edited by user

Rolf always used to say, so long as people are logging in to a server, he'd not remove it. I wonder if that still applies?

• Like 1

why not change Epic to non-deedable, have it spawn uniques and make some sort of story driven quest-line or questline's or something on it, have it where people can sail back and forth, maybe add rare resources, there is a lot that can be done with EPIC, just needs a few Dev's that want to try something new and see what happens, maybe have the three Kingdoms spawn towns and Main keeps and we choose sides and or there are missions with rewards., just needs a little inspiration

• Like 2

2 hours ago, solmark said:

Rolf always used to say, so long as people are logging in to a server, he'd not remove it. I wonder if that still applies?

Notch said there will never be dragons... but there were.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Skatyna said:

And items and deeds and meditations and faith and tomes.  Otherwise i insist to hermit all epic myself alone

This.

Anyway, I remember like for months, McLovin wrote every day, in Epic thread, that it should be closed, posting player count. Nothing happened and now player count is even lower.

19 hours ago, user said:

Wurms always had the philosophy that your work is here to stay

No it didnt

Lots of maps were removed before in the past

Challenge, Jackal, 2 Elevations, original BLH, etc... 

Your "work" has no meaning on a pvp server. 

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1

Anyone remember them saying Elevation was gonna be reset on a cycle when Epic was launched?  Because Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Things change.

Maybe Epic and Jackal will merge to become what it was originally intended to be, 3 persistent home servers with a larger center server that resets every 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

3 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Anyway, I remember like for months, McLovin wrote every day, in Epic thread, that it should be closed, posting player count. Nothing happened and now player count is even lower.

Any time the devs ignore a McLovin suggestion, the game is better off for it. There's no real benefit to closing epic at this time. A couple dozen people DO play there though, so it's really bizarre to see people here wanting that taken away from them, without it being of any real benefit to the players.

• Like 2

Why would they close Epic? It's full-feature Wurm: home servers, kingdom vs kingdom, raids, faster to build/craft stuff, lockpicking.

If population is your concern, why not close the smaller pve servers the same way? Leave only Chaos, Xanadu and Independence. Also on Serenity there is a number of active players. Not what it used to be 7 years ago when I started, but the population droped everywhere.

Also people saying they reset some maps on Epic: yeah they did and some people left because of it. I personally didn't like it, even though it did not affect me. Not to mention the fact that you could load your ships with your items in order to save them.

Topic goes back once in a year or so.

For some reason, some people believe that closing inactive cluster will bring decent financial gain to the game.