Oblivionnreaver

grindin everything

Body Control - Longsword+shield

Butchering adds up a little too.

Prayer 

Epic is good for the journal

On 7/10/2020 at 7:08 AM, Oblivionnreaver said:

If you cannot make the materials required to sweet spot imp, you want to imp things that are around 15-0 under your skill, depnding on your tool ql. Tool ql equal to skill you'd want 10ql under. Use the grinder to find out the perfect spot.

If I'm using this method say on grindstones, once I hit my sweet spot ql, do I still want to imp above that or stop and make them over again?

4 hours ago, Erowynn said:

If I'm using this method say on grindstones, once I hit my sweet spot ql, do I still want to imp above that or stop and make them over again?

"Use high ql tools and imp one item to the sweet spot (skill x .77 +23), this will give double sized ticks when you are imping above it."

1 hour ago, Chakron said:

"Use high ql tools and imp one item to the sweet spot (skill x .77 +23), this will give double sized ticks when you are imping above it."

I dont have mats to imp to sweet spot, I was trying to refer to imping lower than your level. Is there a sweet spot for that? And do you imp above it or just restart?

if you cannot make the materials required to sweet spot imp, you want to imp things that are around 15-0 under your skill, depnding on your tool ql. Tool ql equal to skill you'd want 10ql under

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

On 8/4/2020 at 1:35 AM, Oblivionnreaver said:

dunno if you can have the tool act as if its under 1ql haven't really tested.

Because of the Effective Tool QL calculation [ql * (100-damage/100)] I believe minimum tool ql will be around 0.0001, in practice you probably won''t be able to hit that as it requires a 1ql tool with 99.99 damage so would be destroyed on use for anything that takes damage.

It may have been placebo, but certainly it felt like Prospecting using Analyse from 85-90 using a 1ql pick with 10, 20 and eventually 30 damage seemed to increase skill gain rate.

Edited by Jospicy
wrong sign ql * not -
  • Like 2

Prospecting - prospect with 1ql, tap w each time you queue up actions, if you don't you occasionally set off old anti-macro thing that stops skillgain. if you think skillgain stopped walk to another tile coz you might have set it off.

What is tapping w supposed to do?

Edited by Kierkegaard

23 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

What is tapping w supposed to do?

It’s just how the anti macro thing was coded. (W moves you forward a little) So move a bit when you prospect. 

• Like 1

can you use plate armor on channeling for increase dificulty and keep grinding with lower dificulty spells?

plate doesn't actually increase the diff it reduces the bonus so it doesn't do much, just wear a single plate gauntlet.

Anything harvested with scythe uses coc/woa for harvesting, all other plants dont coz they use hand to harvest. seed ql+farming skill = plant speed.

What do you mea nby seed ql+farming skill = plant seed? Do you mean that the higher your ql of seed and farming skill the quicker they grow?

50 minutes ago, Erowynn said:

What do you mea nby seed ql+farming skill = plant seed? Do you mean that the higher your ql of seed and farming skill the quicker they grow?

Seed ql + farming skill is what determines how fast you plant the seed (sow) 

Edited by gnomegates

29 minutes ago, gnomegates said:

Seed ql + farming skill is what determines how fast you plant the seed (sow) 

Oooh got it. Thank you.

What determines the growth cycles? I've noticed even when planting multiple of same crop, they don't all grow at the same pace even though they're planted within seconds of each other?

3 minutes ago, Erowynn said:

What determines the growth cycles? I've noticed even when planting multiple of same crop, they don't all grow at the same pace even though they're planted within seconds of each other?

rng... I've had a literally just planted crop turn to next stage 2-3seconds  later while I plant tile next to it I see the model change👀

On 7/10/2020 at 4:08 PM, Oblivionnreaver said:

Prayer - 1ql altar all the way, prayer has super low diff, it's easier to grind as non-priest than it is priest due to faith bonus actually negatively impacting your skill tick chance.

Do you knwo if Alter type(wood/stone/metal) make any diffrence? Currently have a Vynora alt and mostly have a hight QL altar in fron of me but was thikning to add a low QL next to the high Ql Magranon one for better gains without the faith bonus so I would like to know if ther is a type that make the grinde a bit better.

altar type has no effect, metal ones create low ql so if you want a really low ql altar so you don't get the faith bonus they're easier.

crop growth is soft rng

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

On 7/19/2020 at 12:14 PM, Block said:

What is the best way for a WL priest to keep alignment low?

I have this question as well. Is there a way to reduce alignment on a WL priest?

basically all the ways of keeping it low are broken/removed/don't work lol. 

Killing a white lighter should lose 5 alignment per kill (duels don't work for this afaik), but i'm not sure if that's still a thing for everyone or just HOTS(last time i did it was like end of 2017), as a whitelight player god in HOTS

Leaving your account logged in overnight generally loses a few points of alignment

basically you have to avoid alignment gains at all costs, once you've gotten it it's a pain to get it down since they removed opposite god sermons lowering it.

Characteristics
Characteristics work similar to channeling, you want the diff to be 10-25 under your characteristics, say you were mining rock (2 diff), you had 90 str, 50 mind logic, 20 stamina. You'd get a str tick on 1.55% of mines, a mind logic on 34% of mines, and a stamina on 53% of mines. Each characteristic does its check seperately so having super high str won't impact your stamina gain for example, but if they were that far apart you wouldn't be able to grind both at the same time effectively. For imping, the diff is equal to the ql of the thing being imped ( imping 90ql tool = 90 diff = no characteristic gain for pretty much anyone). For Melee weapons, its equal to the weapon skill (90 huge axe skill = 90 diff str check = barely any characteristic gain again). CoC does not effect characteristics, i dont care if you heard in ca help that it does because it doesn't.
Best way to grind each characteristic, other ways are almost always slower/require too much input

Are characteristics timer-based as well? Or are they just action based. E.g. would there be any benefit to using, say, WoA-only 1ql tools and doing weaponsmithing, for example? Or would that just limit your skillgain by raising the ql of the items too quickly?

timer length is tick size, 30s action = 3x bigger tick than 10s action

woa means more clicking which is bad for grinding

• Like 1

I noticed I get skillgain sometimes when imping and failing to imp. Am i misunderstanding something about the skillgain roll or shouldnt that be impossible?

44 minutes ago, Joemog said:

I noticed I get skillgain sometimes when imping and failing to imp. Am i misunderstanding something about the skillgain roll or shouldnt that be impossible?

I don't know how it's done codewise and i'm really bad at reading java so i'm not gonna go into details about how it works codewise (i assume it's doing 2 different rolls, one for skillgain and one for success/failure), but i know that until you hit 20 skill, near 100% of imps result in skillgain, and after that failing has a chance to get skillgain. the failure imp skillgain has been around for ages afaik

• Like 1