Oblivionnreaver

grindin everything

So i have played about a bit more, with a different skill instead. At 50 skill dead on, 61.56 ql item never gave double ticks. At the other extreme, a 70ql item also never gave double ticks. A 65ql, however, seems to work fine. So there is a range - it's not just "above the sweet spot point". I am assuming it's a small range of a few ql, but don't know. Is there a precise formula for the actual range rather than just the "above this point" spot?

Edited by Derp

5 hours ago, Derp said:

So i have played about a bit more, with a different skill instead. At 50 skill dead on, 61.56 ql item never gave double ticks. At the other extreme, a 70ql item also never gave double ticks. A 65ql, however, seems to work fine. So there is a range - it's not just "above the sweet spot point". I am assuming it's a small range of a few ql, but don't know. Is there a precise formula for the actual range rather than just the "above this point" spot?

The exact equation iirc is anything above 0.76953*skill + 23.047 - was your action timer the same? It works by doubling your timer up to a max of 30, so if it was over 15 seconds then it wont work as well for you

If i am grinding shields in pen training, how do i defocus the mobs? My mobs stay at 4 focus for days and days which makes it hard to shield train on them (they hit hard). Also from 1-70 i should hunt to get the shield skills instead of pen training? 

On 7/10/2020 at 7:08 AM, Oblivionnreaver said:

I'd recommend getting yourself a nice wound to grind with

What does this mean, "wound"?

1 hour ago, Kierkegaard said:

What does this mean, "wound"?

Damage to your body, from being attacked.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 12:49 AM, Wulfgarr said:

If i am grinding shields in pen training, how do i defocus the mobs? My mobs stay at 4 focus for days and days which makes it hard to shield train on them (they hit hard). Also from 1-70 i should hunt to get the shield skills instead of pen training? 

you could have an alt first aid you and even the mob use a 1ql short sword to parry a few hits

or

hunt in defensive position and if you have high fight skill use a sacrificial knife... really you'll hit the mob for 15mins minimum then you whack it with the weapon you are skilling.  this allows you to train on wild mobs using all shields (mind speed) for 15 mins and not have to stay in the pen you could do both but you get the gist.

sacrificial knife gives butcher knife skill when it hits mobs

Edited by Sleeper

On 5/3/2022 at 11:01 PM, Ekcin said:

The trick is to aim to upper left or upper right with some not too strong slashing or blunt weapon (I took sac knife and downgraded shaft to avoid killing my priests), about every third or fifth hit will be a neck wound with some luck. Not really hard, and does not take too long, tedious though.

I'm trying that and for the love of Vynora not a single wound is neck, am i doing something wrong, should alt be armoured, not armoured, specific shaft ql? where is even neck wound shown?

All i get are bunch of light body wounds 

Edit: I actually see hits to the neck, but no wound [17:13:55] You maul Bloodraven lightly in the neck and irritate it.

Edited by kochinac

Small wounds will heal too easily and won't affect channeling difficulty much. Depending on skill you might want a 30-40dmg wound, for example - one that is "bad" but treated just enough so it won't get worse/better. 

Alternative is to make a bigger wound and have a fo priest cure light occasionally to keep it in the right range

Edited by Derp

If i am leveling butchering then for low ql butchering knife is botd superior over CoC? Because speed does not matter for skillgain? 

When I shield trained 1-70 i really found foals gave me great skill - what i would do is have two pens and focus on another animal and jump between the two - i dont rememeber them focusing up

Body Strength - Woodcutting to 40(will give 2x strength 1x stam ticks when using a hatchet, but hard to use this effectively past 40), mining/digging from there

Does this mean Woodcutting is the best skill up to 40 Body Strength or that WC is the best skill until 40 Woodcutting? Thanks :)

1 hour ago, Clesh said:

Does this mean Woodcutting is the best skill up to 40 Body Strength or that WC is the best skill until 40 Woodcutting? Thanks :)

Up to 40 Body Strength :)

• Like 1

Is it possible to use alcohol to increase the difficulty of woodcutting?

18 minutes ago, Asciana said:

I don't know about kindlings and how effective it can be if it works.

I tried it a few times with logs, it gave me the impression that my skill ticks frequency increased but in 3 tests I did creating 100 log piles, the result was the same, no benefit.

13 hours ago, Asciana said:

No, to the best of my knowledge.

I tried when chopping logs, and did not observe the frequency of ticks increasing when drunk. Only, ql of chopped logs deteriorated even more than already due to the low ql of the skiller tool.

I am not sure about the reason. Maybe woodcutting is excluded like channeling. And I am fine with. Drunkenness is not a good way to help grinding.

Edited by Ekcin