Oblivionnreaver

grindin everything

On 9/22/2021 at 10:21 PM, Borstaskor said:

How do you lava thousands of meat

You achieve this by taking advantage of how the contents of a container are only destroyed for bulk containers (BSB, FSB, Crates). Destroying non-bulk containers simply dumps their contents on the ground.
Frist, fill a big container full of smaller containers which are full of meat and place that on the lava tile. Lava will destroy any material so it doesn't mater what the containers are made from. The lava will destroy the big container and dump the smaller containers on the lava tile. Next the lava will destroy the smaller containers and dump the meat on the ground. 

4 hours ago, Ogare said:

You achieve this by taking advantage of how the contents of a container are only destroyed for bulk containers (BSB, FSB, Crates). Destroying non-bulk containers simply dumps their contents on the ground.
Frist, fill a big container full of smaller containers which are full of meat and place that on the lava tile. Lava will destroy any material so it doesn't mater what the containers are made from. The lava will destroy the big container and dump the smaller containers on the lava tile. Next the lava will destroy the smaller containers and dump the meat on the ground.

for a more optimised setup:

make wooden plates and put them in a forge. you'll need enough wooden plates to hold all the meat you have.

put the forge on your lava tile, and light it. the forge will burn away the plates, and spill the meat that can't be held in the forge onto the lava below. you're then free to bash the forge away to drop the last 100 or so meat onto the tile

I tend to bash the forge 2 or 3 times before I take it to the lava tile to save time, since it'll take more damage from bashes ondeed

7 hours ago, Madnath said:

for a more optimised setup:

make wooden plates and put them in a forge. you'll need enough wooden plates to hold all the meat you have.

put the forge on your lava tile, and light it. the forge will burn away the plates, and spill the meat that can't be held in the forge onto the lava below. you're then free to bash the forge away to drop the last 100 or so meat onto the tile

I tend to bash the forge 2 or 3 times before I take it to the lava tile to save time, since it'll take more damage from bashes ondeed

Have you considered.. not bashing the forge, using campfire if it fits enough plates.. or using several forges with plates and in the end loading or placing the forge with 'place' option to a tile with no lava.. the forge will only hold 100 meat(just dump that in fsb again).. not the end of the world if 100x isn't on ground taking damage with the 1000(s) bbq-ing on the lava tile..

33 minutes ago, Enuf said:

Any tips of coffee useage, oh wise @Oblivionnreaver?

for skilling? chugs sp too fast so unless you're wanting to spend a gold or more a week on sp or just want to smash out your weekly sb in an hour i wouldn't really use it for non-time limited things

can skill non-fatigue skills and not care about the fatigue usage, or just skill normally then toggle sb on right before a tick then turn it off for a basically free 4x skillgain tick every 5 minutes

On 11/26/2021 at 5:51 AM, Enuf said:

Any tips of coffee useage, oh wise @Oblivionnreaver?

I think coffee really comes alive when used to grind certain skills.  It's really effective when used on limited resource grinding.  Like farming.  If you really want to skill farming, but don't have a ton of tiles of farmland, coffee can effectively double what you have.  Nat Sub is another one.  You'll blow through all the glands and hearts you have pretty quickly, and getting them 1 at a time from hunting is annoying.  Use coffee to effectively make that resource go twice as far.  Also a non-fatiguing grind like channeling.  However as OR stated, it doubles your sleep powder...but also doubles the gaps and distractions so is not a great to use in your day to day grinding

• Like 2

I use it for woodcutting grind - at high WC levels it is annoying to grow that many oaks...

• Like 2

I agree that it is good for woodcutting. especially as this is a limited session. I used to bring 2 or 3, 4 wagons of trees to my deed to chop them up. Caffeine is perfect for.

Gardening, imping trellises, is not bad either though it becomes slow after 90 (ok all skills do 😎 ). Also imping fish keep nets for RM.

Want to do the whole neck wound grind. But Im having a problem where Im oneshotting my alt. I tried putting some armour on her, but then the wounds are too weak.

What would be a good QL for a weapon in order to deal ~50dmg wounds, assuming she's naked?

so for sweetspot grinding does it make a difference if i am using BoTD or CoC?

1 hour ago, Wulfgarr said:

so for sweetspot grinding does it make a difference if i am using BoTD or CoC?

Well technicly no. But its bad if you work with a limited resource. BoTD have the same effect as CoC but its a combinatio of CoC and WoA so your action timer will be shorted. This will make your ticks look smaller but since its all a linear multiplyer the skill/time will be the same even if the skill/action will be smaller. The main reason for only using CoC and not CoC+WoA or BoTD is to use less resources (like hight Ql metal or wood during imping) since you need less actions for skill gain.

• Like 2

just for future reference of myself and others, metalurgy diff numbers are

steel 4,

bronze 10,

brass 10,

electrum 30

• Like 2

I cannot for the life of me get a neck wound. It's always the the arms or body(If I target Upper Left/Upper Right), or a head wound if I target Up. Could it be due to my low staff skill? The only time I got a neck wound was with an axe, my main weapon. But that was a cut. ☹️

You maul Darcelle deadly hard in the neck and damage it. 

Only took me like 50 attempts, after which I had to sit there and heal. The gains are really good and despite all the pain(quite literal for my poor Darcelle) - it was worth it.

I still wonder if skill had anything to do with it, but I doubt it . Just RNG, probably.

Edited by Vessel
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Vessel said:

I cannot for the life of me get a neck wound. It's always the the arms or body(If I target Upper Left/Upper Right), or a head wound if I target Up. Could it be due to my low staff skill? The only time I got a neck wound was with an axe, my main weapon. But that was a cut. ☹️

Hide contents

S K I L L  I S S U E

Same here, i would pay to have that famous neck frost wound so i could start my channelin grind :D

The trick is to aim to upper left or upper right with some not too strong slashing or blunt weapon (I took sac knife and downgraded shaft to avoid killing my priests), about every third or fifth hit will be a neck wound with some luck. Not really hard, and does not take too long, tedious though.

I found it terrible and refrained from, especially as I frequently forgot about the 50 favor threshold when saccing and removed the neck wound, extremely annoying. I found that one plate armour does well (right gauntlet is said to be best, my fo priestess has an open helm for better look though ; ), pends (serryl or gold) until channeling 60 ca then woa and coc for vynora, and lt etc for fo.

• Like 1

Gardening early on, I'd have to highly recommend cutting grass, with a coc sickle I can get a 0.03 tick, thats 0.06 per tile on SB, and adds up quickly.
Definitely easier than making trellis (early on), and requires no real material investment besides a sickle. Once skill is gained, I think the Trellis might be more feasible.

1 hour ago, Meyfei said:

Gardening early on, I'd have to highly recommend cutting grass, with a coc sickle I can get a 0.03 tick, thats 0.06 per tile on SB, and adds up quickly.
Definitely easier than making trellis (early on), and requires no real material investment besides a sickle. Once skill is gained, I think the Trellis might be more feasible.

never do that... just improve trellises for skill

• Like 1

For repair skill - how can one learn item's difficulty? Is it determined by weight, related to creation difficulty, or just something completely artificial and has to be looked in WU code?

A somewhat ghetto(at least compared to the proper way described in the guide) way of grinding repairing I saw people doing in the beginning of NFI - was to make a bunch of clay items and never fire them. As clay items decay rather fast it's a somewhat lazy way of doing it without too much hassle with setting up lava and such.

19 hours ago, Vessel said:

For repair skill - how can one learn item's difficulty? Is it determined by weight, related to creation difficulty, or just something completely artificial and has to be looked in WU code?

An item's difficulty is the creation difficulty - these are not distinct things

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vessel said:

A somewhat ghetto(at least compared to the proper way described in the guide) way of grinding repairing I saw people doing in the beginning of NFI - was to make a bunch of clay items and never fire them. As clay items decay rather fast it's a somewhat lazy way of doing it without too much hassle with setting up lava and such.

CEO of repair here.

https://pastebin.com/GBs60Ks3

For easy at a glance knowledge of what to grind on and when. Lava really is the best way to do this, for obvious reasons.

• Like 2

There is not much to minmax in foraging and botanizing.

I use to go forward in a 3 tile width, forward, left, right in one direction, leading a horse with 5 satchels in saddle bags, not to get overloaded, and satchels and an empty backpack in inventory for berries (high volume). Affinity food is a must.

Just make sure when progressing that you have a large area at hand. Let the land recover for a week at minimum (I use a 4 week turnaround approximately).

Search should mainly occur on grass and forest/bushland, at least until your skill has progressed significantly. Even when able to, steppe, tundra etc. do not yield a lot, unless you are looking for special yield (tundra has ways more berries and cotton, for example). Grass should ideally grow wild, that ensures up to 4 finds per tile.

Personally, I prefer long timers (don't know if it is the best) and low stamina, even provide for by being thirsty, and switch on climbing often to limit stamina (this is partially due to my stamina of the vibrant light from path of power, may not apply to others).

Personally, I hate littering, and hate that foragers/botanizers are hated for. I keep all finds, food goes to fsb, other to bsb, token to sell, or altar to sac. 

Coin yield is not bad, my best in 30-45min sessions so far was 2s65c . Sometimes nothing, but significantly over 5c on average, covering all my upkeep still making profit.

Neck wound channel grinding. The wound creates a percentage reduction of channeling skill.

Math for this is wound damage number divided by 76 equaling the precent reduction.  For example, a 57-point neck wound is 57 / 76 for 75%. And this would reduce say 72 channeling to 18.

Freezing a sever wound with a 6 potency works well for me. Freezing a lower damage value wound may be difficult. And this is why using neck wounds with lower channeling may not work as well. For example, at 36 channeling you'd want a 38 damage neck wound to reduce that 36 in half to 18 effective skill. I'm not sure if one can freeze a 38 damage wound. 

Using the grinder app we can figure out which effective channeling is best for skill gain. Use fixed bonus channeling simulation.

•  Skill field is the effective skill after neck-wound reduction.
  •  Difficulty is spell's value (10 for light token, opulence, morning fog)
  •  Bonus can safely be set to 70. It buffs skill a little. The effects of bonus are phased out approaching 100 and are completely removed at 100. But grinder takes this into account so it can be ignored. Bonus is derived from alignment, armor bonus, faith bonus, deed enchanting bonus, + enchanting success rune and it's hard caped at 70. 
  • Alignments bonus is ABS of alignment less 49. For example, (+/-)100 alignment gives 51 bonus.
  • Deed enchanting bonus is 1 bonus per 1 deed bonus added to the bonus from alignment calculation. For example, a 2 enchanting bonus added to the above 51 is 53 bonus. 
  • Armor affect is percentage buff/nerf of running tally from deed bonus. For example,  a -30% nerf applied to the running tally example is (1 + -0.3) * 53 is 37.1 bonus.
  •  Faith bonus is a 1 bonus per 1 faith bonus addition. For example, Using a 28 power faith bonus will increase the running tally to 65.1 bonus.
  •  + Enchant success rune which is percentage buff the runny tally value after faith bonus. For example, using a +10% rune and the above running tally  (1 + 0.1) * 65.1 is 71.61.  But bonus is hard caped at 70 so the 71.61 is reduce to that.
  • For the example running tally I used values to show how it all works. In reality it's easy to get 100 alignment and not wear armor. This will put you at 66.3 bonus. That is only about 4 points from the cap. Your always going to be at the 70 cap unless your trying hard to not be.
  • Tool QL field is 0. The statuette of the gods doesn't help.
  • When the simulation is run a mean of 20 is optimal. And for the 10 difficulty spells 18 modified skill happens to be just right.
  • Like 3

Any hint for coal-making? Just grinding with low ql coc 99 kindling, skill gain ok, but very few ticks.