Sign in to follow this  
Drathania

[JNLP]Unable to launch application.

Unable to launch JNLP: https://wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: (http://www.wurmonline.com/client/libraries-live/lwjgl-natives-windows-x86.jar?version-id=3.2.3, 3.2.3)

Note: Using JNLP bundled into a run.bat (java jnlp) because without it I get frequent heap crashes because the game uses more than 4GB of RAM on higher end graphic settings. Would really like this fixing, or maybe fix the other launching methods to make use of 64 bit Java allocations.

Edited by Drathania

I have already documented the (Linux) launcher does not work for me.  I too use the JNLP launcher.

The JNLP launcher is still shown as a valid method of running the game when you click "Play" on the website:  "Generic Java installer if your platform is unavailable."

Please fix this ASAP.

Edit:  I am fine now.  For anybody else having similar issues, I was able to get the native launcher working by:

• Download the Linux tar.gz launcher.
  • Extract the launcher tarball: tar xvfpz wurmlauncher.tar.gz
  • Change directory to the extracted launcher directory:  cd wurm-launcher
  • Copy libstdc++.so.6 from another system into that directory.
  • Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to "." (which command depends on what shell you run):
    • export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="."
    • LD_LIBRARY_PATH="." ; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    • setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "."
  • Run the launcher: ./WurmLauncher

I again respectfully suggest that the Wurm devs statically compile this library (libstdc++) into the binary (or bundle the library) to avoid this issue.

Edited by Arindor

Only other problem with using the 64-bit installer, is that I have to deal with missing textures randomly a lot more. EG: Load in, 1~2 parts of my long beautiful wall are just one-tone grey, and a section of house. :sadpanda:

Edit: And now focus issues. [Twitches]

Edited by Drathania

4 hours ago, Drathania said:

Only other problem with using the 64-bit installer, is that I have to deal with missing textures randomly a lot more. EG: Load in, 1~2 parts of my long beautiful wall are just one-tone grey, and a section of house. :sadpanda:

That's very likely accidental, we're aware of the bug with certain structure textures failing to load, but there's no possibility the different launcher affects that.

The memory settings in the "new" native launcher are also the exact same as in the JNLP launcher, so that should not affect the heap crashes at all, unless you were using the low memory client shortcut - but that also acts the same as its JNLP counterpart.

Looking into the issues with launching JNLP as it's still a supported, albeit an unrecommended way to play the game.

Well, something is different: I get the visual bugs more often now, I'm having performance issues when wurm's kicked into the background (with clients derping at 60..70..80% load, in the background), and 64-bit version is using less memory/ in general uses more CPU.

Does anyone know how to fix the JNLP startup script on Windows?

I was using just a basic script, which apparently isn't enough anymore.

"C:\Program Files\Java\JRE\bin\javaws.exe" "https://wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp"

Edited by Drathania

I get fatal errors anytime I try to load the JNLP  so I simply switched to the 64 bit executable file. It may be listed on the homepage as "supported" but it's clearly not working. It stopped working sometime after they switched to the new UI.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors