Sign in to follow this  
Nelsy

Stuttering, freezes

The short freezes for half second and image stuttering(without sound stutter) apears when:

lowest settings of Wurm Online

hihgest settings of Wurm Online
After more than hour of play, or if i run more instances of the game it apears more often and for longer time, it appears even from the begining rarely

I even get stuttering when i drop my meditation rug

I even get stattering when i drops something or equip somehting, or some one do the same, and you unequip all gear when game client "in bad condition" it will freeze even harder.

I get more of stattering  when i turn around or run, but i still get rarely stattering when i just stay and imping someting
Someting in task manager the wurm liked getting status no resoponse for half seconds, and then little freez apears, but it freez can be without this status noticed

I installed totally new and licensed latest version of windows 10, without almost anything on it and i getting the same issue

i have 7 prem accouts and cant play even two of them by normal way with smooth gameplay, my PC can handle it. 
I pleyed around month like this and cant hold it anymore, what was before i cant tell, because last time i played was 2013 year but there was no such troubles.

Annotation%202020-07-10%20003036.png?psi

Log file normal client
  Log file for debug client with log obscure errors option

System info 

I use Kaspersky Total Sequrity, and issues are even when its disabled

Feel free to ask any edition info which might help figure out this

Edited by Nelsy

The problem still available. Is that OK the game are act like this on PC configuration: Intel i7 2600k, 16gb ram, GTX 1060 6gb ? 
What i tried to do:
Run game on completly new installed windows 10 pro liensed, only drivers installed like video card driver - thats all. What next step, can some one help? Thtas is not normal at all, this unplaybe freezes and fps drops to 1. I playing in games released in 2019 on almost extreme settings, here is something wrong for sure, my pc cant do so bad. I wait for your help guys already long time, can any one of you, Devs, community managers, tech support answer me and atleast take in interest with your questions about my problem, and them maybe take some recommentations, take some specific logs from me, anything? Or this is totaly normal here, i cant play my payed accounts normaly it freezing, fps droppping, crashing and i feel like you dont care...

Edited by Nelsy

Looks like the problem was in GLSL, after disable it i can run 7 wurm accounts in same time without badly fps drops or freezes

If you have not tried this it is worth a shot, I have taken this suggestion from someone who had similiar issues. These are in no particular order and simply came from other people who have had similiar problems, or tried to help someone with similiar problems.

• Go to post-process in settings and disable "Ambient Occlusion".
  • Double check that you have the latest version of 64-bit Java.

• Double check that your drivers are up to date (NOTE: Many have also fixed the issue by using an OLDER graphic card driver, as newer ones may have compatibility issues).

• Reduce texture size limits in the advanced tab. At a size of around 1024 you won't notice any loss of quality except close up on large screen resolutions, in return for a big gain in stability.

• Turn off GLSLshader support in compatibility settings (comes with some function limitations, i.e. cannot place items). <-- This seems to have been the best work around for users with this problem.

• Firewall/Antivirus could be causing an issue.

Again, none of this is from my personal experience, I just did a bit of looking around and have gathered what I could in regards to your issue. I have attached a few forum links wherein I found the tips above.

Why does Wurm commit so much more memory than it uses?
Wurm Online using a lot of CPU RAM

High Memory usage from Java
Best Performance Settings (GLSL)

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply, but it seems you found the workaround while I was typing this up 🤣

That said, you will have limitations with this feature disabled... so while it is a workaround for now, you should still look for a permanent solution / hope for a dev or tech-savy response. They are all working overtime I am sure, due to Steam, so please have a little patience!

3 minutes ago, Hilo said:

Sorry for the late reply, but it seems you found the workaround while I was typing this up 🤣

That said, you will have limitations with this feature disabled... so while it is a workaround for now, you should still look for a permanent solution / hope for a dev or tech-savy response. They are all working overtime I am sure, due to Steam, so please have a little patience!

I will try it, thank you very much!

Wish you the best of luck with the performance issues!

There are also several threads specifically on the topic of running several Wurm Clients simultaneously that could be of interest. Link below to external, filtered google search results including Wurm Online Forum posts pertaining to ''multiple clients'' and ''performance''. You can run this search a few times while substituting ''performance'' for GPU, memory, lag, crashing, etc.

Wurm Online - Multiple Client Performance Issues

Someone with a similiar graphic card to yours also found this:

Not sure if you fixed it yet but For  som reasons Java switches to onboard video. I had the same probleem. I had to manualy set it to run with my gtx1080.

Edited by Hilo

I have similair problems now after the last patch, did any of this work for you Nelsy?