Sign in to follow this  
Nelsy

Ambient sound issue

For example: I can hear raining for few seconds, then its sound disapear but it still raining; and for other sounds too, many of forest sounds i didnt hear, but sumetime they appear for few seconds louder than over sounds and then desapear. What logs i shold provide, wehre they are located? In the file console.Nelsy nothing weid going on. The log file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnLQT6Hy1sS4g6IwQfwJlqSTGnKFHw?e=UEDUrm 

Edited by Nelsy
  • Like 1

If possible, please, move this post in Maintenance Buildings -> Model and Sound Bugs

Most of the time i hear only birds and steppe/mountain wind on places where they sopposed to be, but no other forest sounds which appears rarely just for seconds like a rain. Even if i stay at one point and dont move the "rare sounds" still  can apear and disapear, but when i run it happens more often

Edited by Nelsy
  • Like 1

The audio in this game used to be kind of glitchy in either hardware or software mode, I forget which, but try going into settings and switching that hardware/software audio option.

On 7/15/2020 at 9:03 PM, Brash_Endeavors said:

The audio in this game used to be kind of glitchy in either hardware or software mode, I forget which, but try going into settings and switching that hardware/software audio option.

They're glitched out in both settings:

in Hardware mode : There is "audio" consistently but the above problems appear.

in Software mode :  The above problems seem to be less or fixed but all audio bugs out and shuts off after some time, muting the whole game because of a bug, Forcing you to restart the whole damn game.

So I think we shouldn't use the excuse to use other sound mode. both need fixing and updating.

Edited by Berms
Addition to explanation
  • Like 1

Here is an example how its gliching, it can be easy reproduce on every game lounch, but it also happens while you play for long, some time it happes with forest sounds, some time it happens with raining sounds, you can see there is raining but the sound play once and gone. But on video you can can see the example which you can reproduce on game lounch.

Edited by Nelsy
  • Like 1

The sample where you can hear how rain sound appears for half minute and after its gone. You can't see raining on video only because youtube video quality, but raining exists and been lasts for much longer after this video i've had the same sounds glich in like few hours after and all this time its still been raining just without rain sound.

For me this problem exists in Hardware sound mod, and in Software mod these sounds stop dessapear, but master volume does not work and also all these sounds too loud and feels unplayble. So susually i run game in Hardware sound mod and encounter such issues as on video bellow.

Edited by Nelsy
  • Like 1

bump. this has been a while now the lack of proper audio and sound effects really destroy my gaming experience.

can some game dev reply on it?

I'm not sure what a dev will be able to say beyond "yes, the entire sound system is bad" 

I don't think it's a bug that can be fixed, more that there's never truly been an audio engineer on the team to work on it all