Sign in to follow this  
Xheth

Notebook for Notes

I recently came back after a long break and started my first deed. I keep asking many questions about the game and making plans what to build around my deed. Many things I keep forgetting. So I had to make a .txt file for notes. Wouldn't it be great if we had a Ui Window where we could make notes? This would work clientside, so you'd still need paper to write letters to other players. Since steam release and new UI are coming I suppose this could be a great addition for starting players.

• Like 5

Yes, would be great.

At least plain version where you can just write your text.

Better would be with a switching pages feature.

Best would be with possibility to create expandable groups, where you can put single/multiple notes.

• Like 1

I agree it would be handy and wouldnt mind a notebook for easy notes when travelling for example.

We however have the ability to write ingame and ive been using this method for saving to-do lists ingame. My deed only has me and a friend as villagers, but i find it a more rpg style instead of a google sheet.

The village message board can hold notes and works good enough if youre willing to sacrifice some time writing the notes. We have it in the center of our deed and use it regularily. :)

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Village_message_board

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nordlys said:

I agree it would be handy and wouldnt mind a notebook for easy notes when travelling for example.

We however have the ability to write ingame and ive been using this method for saving to-do lists ingame. My deed only has me and a friend as villagers, but i find it a more rpg style instead of a google sheet.

The village message board can hold notes and works good enough if youre willing to sacrifice some time writing the notes. We have it in the center of our deed and use it regularily. :)

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Village_message_board

Thanks for the tip, I like having physical objects around my deed, so that's nice. But you still need papyrus or paper in order to write something down. Really tiresome to make paper with my skill just to note that I still need a chicken coop on my deed

50 minutes ago, Xheth said:

Thanks for the tip, I like having physical objects around my deed, so that's nice. But you still need papyrus or paper in order to write something down. Really tiresome to make paper with my skill just to note that I still need a chicken coop on my deed

Haha, yes i agree. And i already carry enough for 2 battlecamps in my inventory so wouldnt travel with it either.

Maybe to keep the immersion in game, we could have a Notebook "bundle" item.

Right now, there's the book, empty papers, ink/dye, pen. But if we could combine them all into a single item, with a single right click "use" option to read and write.

Having to restock paper and ink is debatable, but even then it's 1 item to carry with you, instead of 3 or 4. Much easier to have as trade item as well.

• Like 2