Sign in to follow this  
Skatyna

noob question

Ok, so i was that bored i thought i will build that fancy 10 storey mansion castle to cross that journal goal out.. soon after finishing 2nd storey i ran into an issue - how the hell do you howl bricks and mortar up? :D sorry, im not a big builder type of person, but howling 20 bricks and 20 mortar in your pocket up and down every time just to make 1 wall just doesnt sound right...  Iv seen ppl having carts with horses on 7th floor etc, but every time i load a cart with 3 crates of bricks i cant drag it.. i tried building all possible openings and staircases but none of them are ride-able. even if i lead horses they get "un-lead" once i walk up the floor. cant start leading them if im a floor above them as wurm sais "get back on the same level to do that".. Can some1 explain me ins and outs please? 🧐

I would advice you to just build ladders, all in the same tile. You can then simply leave a wagon (or whatever storage youre using) with bulding materials on bottom floor, on that tile, and reach them. Depending on the size of your tower, you migth want several «ladder towers» inside. You can always change the ladders afterwards.

Edit: You might have to open the wagon before you climb up the ladders and leave that window open, cant remember that part. Youll figure it out. :) 

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 2

You could also build ladders, build crates, "haul" the crates up with a rope.

Getting the carts and wagons upstairs as you've seen people do is a smidgen tricky, I am thinking maybe I once ended up with the horses outside on the roof or something, I forget now. I do remember once having to chop a hole in my roof after some upper floor adventure with a cart, but I forget the details now, it would have been many years ago. Anyway, carts up the stairs is glitchy because it was never intended to work like that. 

Hauling crates up a ladder with a rope though is pretty easy, because it was specifically designed to work that way.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

Thanks for the tips guys, i think i mastered it now 🤓

I built a ladder tower on same tile like Nordlys said. parked a wagon on the ground floor with materials on that tile. Then i took the cart and howled up a floor. Climbed down, lead 2 horses for the cart and hitched them to that cart a floor above. that works. then drove that cart on the 1st floor a bit so those horses appeared on the first floor, then parked cart on the opening tile again and unhitched it. horses stayed on the 1st floor this time. Then hauled the cart to the second floor, climbed down to the 1st to lead horses to hitch to a cart above again.. Rinse repeat that few times and now i have commandable cart on the 4th floor with the horses to run around the floor and when i need reload it for supplies, i come back to the opening to swap crates round with the ones in the wagon i left on the ground floor. Damn wurm mechanics lol but works like a charm. Btw i took your advice too Endeavors, so those 2 horses i managed to haul up are disposable, so if they will end up on the roof in the end, i will just kill them instead of bashing the floor tiles all the way down hahaha 🤣

• Like 2

It is pretty simple to move a wagon or large cart up ladders to higher floors.  Just make sure there are no horses attached to them.  The wagon can be filled up with items and also still be moved by pushing or pulling it when it has reached the upper floors to move it around.

I made this video to show:

Can haul a wagon up a ladder.

Can't haul a wagon up stairs.

😑

we built a ramp for our warehouse, easy to drive up to the second level, ramp is actually a bridge to the warehouse