Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Medical Salve

At the moment, while grinding natural substances, I could make a pile of healing covers, and then throw them in the bin, since they are not really all that useful.  Especially when made from heavier items, they're a pain to store, and don't last long.

So, here is a proposal for a new item, to use up those covers and actually give people something nice to use from them.

Healing Cover + Salt (0.01) = Medicine Preparation (Natural Substances) [weight preserved] - Quality based on natural substances skill and cover potency [source salt can be used for guranteed QL100], salt QL determines difficulty

Medicine Preparation + Mortar and Pestle = Medicinal Powder (Milling) [1 per 0.5kg weight of medicine preparation, minimum of 1, weight of 0.01] - Quality slightly incremented by milling skill, quantity increased by +1 per 30 milling skill

Medicinal Powder + Honey (0.09) = Medical Salve (Natural Substances) [final weight of 0.1] - Quality capped by honey QL (same as farmer's salve, some variability added by NS skill)

Medical salve amount usage follows the same rules as farmer's salve (0.01 for light or less, 0.02 for medium, 0.03 for bad, 0.04 for severe) and applies both bandaging and a QL/4 potency healing cover to the wound.  It doesn't work like a normal cover, in that it does not have a potency, it is all linked to quality.  This is because....

Medical salve can be stored like any liquid in jars/barrels/etc, with the same sealing requirements

Optional Extra - Allow "Heal" to be cast on the salve to convert it into enchanted medical salve, which applies a stronger bandage effect when used.

PvP Balance Retention - Make healing salve unusable when within a certain radius of hostile players OR just make it unusable in PvP

• Like 4

At this point, I'll honestly +1 anything that expands on natural substances and alchemy in general. Good suggestions, also this should be moved to the suggestion section I think.

I wouldn't mind seeing a more complex alchemy system in Wurm. (like kingdom come deliverance)

OR a simplified system but with a wide range of possible outcomes when it comes to potions.

Maybe an alchemy recipe book similar to the cooking one?

Edited by elentari

Whoops, this is in the wrong section, could I get this moved to suggestions!

+1 from me. As Elentari said, anything that adds to NS-usability!

+1 This is a well thought out idea. And yes Nat sub needs some love.

I liked it when I had internals n bad injurys and had to have salve and healing covers on me at rifts and injurys used to be harder to fix .it made u forage when u had nothing ,there was a purpose to every thing .now its made a lot of stuff useless .the healing now seems less of a challenge . I think u had it perfect or a touch less prob was perfect, but u made to easy now .