Sign in to follow this  
Paralytic713

[Steam Server] Trading Port Deed

TLDR: Looking for between 5-10 people, no more (initially), to help establish a Port on the ocean coast. Through assigned specializations and coordinated work, establish ourselves and have fun.

Little About Me: 29, been playing Wurm off and on for about a decade. Been fooling around a lot lately in WU ever since I heard Steam was having a WO release. I was a decently skilled Chainsmith on WO, and played as a Villager on Freedom. Eventually moving to Xanadu to create my own deed. I had a lot of fun with it but eventually moved to WU to setup my own server for some friends/villagers who wanted to move off WO. 

Server Start Plan (roughdraft): Push through the inevitable server issues on release day, find the nearest coast,  drop a deed in a good spot, terraform/setup mine, build a 2 story headquarters for crafting/beds, scout area for resources/terraform makeshift dock, push to Corbita. Once we get to the final stage of the plan, im not too concerned what everyone ends up doing but until then I would like people to help push.

Specializations:  Looking for people to specialize in specific crafting to help push, more details to follow. Let me know what type of crafting you're interested in doing. Or what you wanna work on.

End Goal: getting sail boats and a corbita built so we can all take full advantage of the early game market. Plenty of money to be made for all, if we work together.

If you are interested:  feel free to message me here, I'll get back to you. just leave a little about me similar to mine.

Add'l Notes: Nothing in my plan is concrete, I have a vision and a plan how to get there. If you feel you could contribute in a way I'm missing please let me know. We can work out all the details in my discord channel if you are interested.

• Like 1

I really like the Idea of a Trading Port (and even more of a busy trading port) and would like to help!

About me: I've been playing WU alot more than WO, because I always ended up on a deed maintained by high level players where you'd have to travel like 500 tiles at 3 km/h to get wood back to the deed, or they worshipped their forest like every tree was Fo himself.. and WU has provided a way to just leave a community once it turned out I ended like in WO and start on a new server. In the end I gained a little experience with Wurm on WU, even making my own deed and a corbita but my view of the game may be distorted by the 3-7x faster skill times in WU.

Because of the steam release I hope that there's gonna be a big and equal playerbase

In WU I really liked farming and since you can make sails from Cotton maybe I could be a useful addition to the deed as a tailor/farmer?

Also experimented with Alcohol but the thing that you have no control over in WU happened and the server got taken down sometime before my Pilsner was ready :(

I could also cook or keep animals, basically anything that doesn't require me to walk on full load at 3 km/h when we don't have carts because that wasn't cool when I did it (really I could do anything and at the start everyone helps everyone, it's just that I'd prefer a peaceful job, even if it's 3 or 4 lol)

1 hour ago, Blablagame said:

I really like the Idea of a Trading Port (and even more of a busy trading port) and would like to help!

About me: I've been playing WU alot more than WO, because I always ended up on a deed maintained by high level players where you'd have to travel like 500 tiles at 3 km/h to get wood back to the deed, or they worshipped their forest like every tree was Fo himself.. and WU has provided a way to just leave a community once it turned out I ended like in WO and start on a new server. In the end I gained a little experience with Wurm on WU, even making my own deed and a corbita but my view of the game may be distorted by the 3-7x faster skill times in WU.

Because of the steam release I hope that there's gonna be a big and equal playerbase

In WU I really liked farming and since you can make sails from Cotton maybe I could be a useful addition to the deed as a tailor/farmer?

Also experimented with Alcohol but the thing that you have no control over in WU happened and the server got taken down sometime before my Pilsner was ready :(

I could also cook or keep animals, basically anything that doesn't require me to walk on full load at 3 km/h when we don't have carts because that wasn't cool when I did it (really I could do anything and at the start everyone helps everyone, it's just that I'd prefer a peaceful job, even if it's 3 or 4 lol)

Id love to have you! Sent you a message with my discord attached.

Hey, this sounds really cool!

I've played a little WO and WU in the past, but I always just did my own thing. I always had fun, but never got very deep into the game. I'm pretty excited about the Steam server launch - I'm hoping to join up with a group in order to get more stuff done and engage more with the community (which seems to be a big draw of the game that I've always missed out on :)).

I'm open to pitching in whichever way would be most helpful and would make sense with my schedule, which is a bit odd. Generally, I have a lot of free time every other weekend, and other than that I'll probably be just on for an hour or two on occasional days. I could use some advice on what skills make sense for someone newer to the game who can't reliably log on every day. I'm down to do some reading/research before the launch if you can point me in the right direction.

So if you're open to newer players, I'd be interested in joining. And if you're looking for people with more experience or who can offer a bigger time commitment, then no hard feelings!

Btw, what time zone are you in? I'm in US West.

7 hours ago, MPod said:

Hey, this sounds really cool!

I've played a little WO and WU in the past, but I always just did my own thing. I always had fun, but never got very deep into the game. I'm pretty excited about the Steam server launch - I'm hoping to join up with a group in order to get more stuff done and engage more with the community (which seems to be a big draw of the game that I've always missed out on :)).

I'm open to pitching in whichever way would be most helpful and would make sense with my schedule, which is a bit odd. Generally, I have a lot of free time every other weekend, and other than that I'll probably be just on for an hour or two on occasional days. I could use some advice on what skills make sense for someone newer to the game who can't reliably log on every day. I'm down to do some reading/research before the launch if you can point me in the right direction.

So if you're open to newer players, I'd be interested in joining. And if you're looking for people with more experience or who can offer a bigger time commitment, then no hard feelings!

Btw, what time zone are you in? I'm in US West.

I am east coast and I could def help you find a place in our group and would love to have you.

Sent you a message with my discord attached.

Edited by Paralytic713
Addition

Hello!

I'm M_Run and I come from the Netherlands.

I'm 23 and I've played a slight bit of Wurm before, including about 70 hours of WU.

My goal right now is just to have fun and I think I'd rather try and join a village than just going alone.

I hope I can be of use!

Currently, I have a lot of free time so I can be online whenever. Just try to keep in mind that I live in the Central European Summer Timezone.

Thanks for reading!

-M_Run

P.S. Sorry if my message is kinda short, I'm just not very good at introductions.

1 minute ago, M_Run said:

Hello!

I'm M_Run and I come from the Netherlands.

I'm 23 and I've played a slight bit of Wurm before, including about 70 hours of WU.

My goal right now is just to have fun and I think I'd rather try and join a village than just going alone.

I hope I can be of use!

Currently, I have a lot of free time so I can be online whenever. Just try to keep in mind that I live in the Central European Summer Timezone.

Thanks for reading!

-M_Run

P.S. Sorry if my message is kinda short, I'm just not very good at introductions.

No worries we have a couple already with European and east Asian time zones, so you wont be alone. I'd love to have you ill send you a message with my discord channel.

I’d like to join. I’m 29 in central US timezone, and still will be playing on older cluster with other characters (but I’m super excited to play on Harmony). I’m very experienced with the game and can help out with questions. I do plan on leaving the village after some of my goals are met.

Note: I plan on doing zero mining (want to keep my mining skill at 1 or 2 just to change things up)

Priority Skills:

Woodcutting

Carpentry Related Skills (can help with shipbuilding, but not a huge focus for skilling up)

Animal Husbandry

Tailoring

Food production (forage, cooking, butcher)

Fishing

Secondary:

Digging, Archery, other random stuff

Goals before I leave:

Wagon with horse/bison team

Enough fight skill/archery to survive reasonably well

I'm interested in joining up if you're still looking for folks.  I'm older than all of you guys and have been gaming for over 30 years.  This is my first foray into Wurm, but not my first sandbox/survival game.  I'm in the Central US timezone, and typically have 3 to 4 hours on weeknights and quite a few hours on the weekend.

I tend to gravitate toward gathering/processing skills in these types of games, and will definitely be putting in the time to get fishing and cooking to reasonable levels.  That said, I'm willing to put in the effort for whatever is needed, and my biggest goal is just to learn the game and make some friends to chill with.  

• Like 1

I am a completely new player to WO.  I am looking for players that don't mind a new player but if you set me up (with goals, not asking for cash or anything) I can defiantly assist in any degree.  

GOALS: Enjoy the game

SPECIALIZE: anything

I have played other sandbox MMOs like EvE and such.  

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 10:25 PM, Stasho said:

I'm interested in joining up if you're still looking for folks.  I'm older than all of you guys and have been gaming for over 30 years.  This is my first foray into Wurm, but not my first sandbox/survival game.  I'm in the Central US timezone, and typically have 3 to 4 hours on weeknights and quite a few hours on the weekend.

I tend to gravitate toward gathering/processing skills in these types of games, and will definitely be putting in the time to get fishing and cooking to reasonable levels.  That said, I'm willing to put in the effort for whatever is needed, and my biggest goal is just to learn the game and make some friends to chill with.  

sent you a message

11 hours ago, rahD33 said:

I am a completely new player to WO.  I am looking for players that don't mind a new player but if you set me up (with goals, not asking for cash or anything) I can defiantly assist in any degree.  

GOALS: Enjoy the game

SPECIALIZE: anything

I have played other sandbox MMOs like EvE and such.  

sent you a messge