Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

One skill to rule them all!

I would suggest letting non-premium characters, that were premium at least once, to choose one skill that will never be capped if their premium time runs out. Of course some requirements and restrictions should be applied to prevent abuse, like it being a final choice and cannot be changed, you need certain skills (all? all except PVP ones?) maxed or do some arduous and time-consuming quest to receive this right. Why? The answer is simple - let those let fortunate, with money to get a profession which will let them earn silver coins to buy premium and enjoy the game in full, and as these coins come from richer people it shouldn't affect the total revenue. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

just no. Game needs development, so needs money. cant afford premium that cost less a month than 1 good cocktail at the bar, then vacant your crafting space for somebody else, who has premium and can make some stuff to sell. Simple..  whats the point of having mega 10y accounts that one is weapsmith, another one is armorsmith etc if they get to keep 1 skill and never go premium but impacts the ingame economy a lot. Just no

2 hours ago, Platyna said:

I would suggest letting non-premium characters, that were premium at least once, to choose one skill that will never be capped if their premium time runs out. Of course some requirements and restrictions should be applied to prevent abuse, like it being a final choice and cannot be changed, you need certain skills (all? all except PVP ones?) maxed or do some arduous and time-consuming quest to receive this right. Why? The answer is simple - let those let fortunate, with money to get a profession which will let them earn silver coins to buy premium and enjoy the game in full, and as these coins come from richer people it shouldn't affect the total revenue. 

No.....Just No

There is ways to earn money, for those needing to earn money ingame,

even now without preem. So no reason to let us keep  1  skill high. 

37 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

just no. Game needs development, so needs money. cant afford premium that cost less a month than 1 good cocktail at the bar, then vacant your crafting space for somebody else, who has premium and can make some stuff to sell. Simple..  whats the point of having mega 10y accounts that one is weapsmith, another one is armorsmith etc if they get to keep 1 skill and never go premium but impacts the ingame economy a lot. Just no

It costs so much in your country but there are countries where it is month worth salary, and AFAIR all silver coins comes from IRL money. 

Edited by Platyna

I see a lot of one time pay priests alts with this idea...

Not agreeing with arguments against it but ther would be a lot of unintended missuses... Like I said, free priest alts(hey that might actually be good), nothing prevents you to have couple of characters to grind a specific skills and then switch them as you need something specific...

Priest needs both faith and favour to function, isn't it? Not to mention channelling...

Edited by Platyna

I think a lot of wurm players are from affluent western countries, which is why they often look down their noses at people who cannot afford premium.

Personally, I think opening up the free game a bit more (even with one skill uncapped) would be more beneficial than not.

Also faith unlocks spells, but favor is more like "mana" in traditional rpgs.  So it is capped by faith usually.  You could run a 20 channeling priest alt with it, but honestly you could also just put faith as one of those skills you can't select (solves a lot of potential issues).

To clarify, I am not asking for charity, I am definitely a person who always tells people developers needs to eat and pay taxes. A requirement to make all skills to 20 is hard to fulfil, so even if you would like to have an alt, you would need to work hard for it. And priests are out of question as they require at least three skills to be useful and one - Faith - is required to even be priest and at Faith 70 and Channelling 20 and Favour 20...what you can do? Not to mention my premium is paid several months in advance so this is not something I ask for myself. 😉 

Edited by Platyna

I would be a proponent of allowing characters to maintain one skill *if* that character had been premium for at least two months in the past.

brb making a few dozen alts so I never need prem again

• Like 3

everyone would pick say weapon smithing or one of the other top money making skills, armor smithing, leather working, or black smithing. So why buy premium when you can sit back and make money with one free skill you can raise to 100 being non-premium.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Platyna said:

It costs so much in your country but there are countries where it is month worth salary, and AFAIR all silver coins comes from IRL money. 

If game didnt have any way to earn money in, that you can spend on premium, then maybe I had consider it. 

But no ...If you cant pay with IRL money, then work to get the money IG, and pay premium with those.