Sign in to follow this  
Singapura

Will banned players get another chance?

We all know wurm is a very complex and time consuming game. I am wondering if the players who have been banned in the past get another chance to play the game.

I am sure many of them have a year + playtime and they loved the game but its a pain to start over. Buying an account is fine but nothing like your OG account.

I think the game is in a state when it could use some old time hardcore players. I know people get banned for a reason and its not out of thin air. But I still think they could have a look at it again. That's how I feel please share your thoughts.

• Like 2

Buying an account is against the rules, so it's not fine.

And not really no. As someone who have been banned since 2014, they still won't unban me, nor delete my character so i could start fresh with the same name

I've been asking every year since 2014 to review my ban.

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Singapura said:

I think the game is in a state when it could use some old time hardcore players.

Sure, but if they are banned they have violated the rules somehow. I would much rather prefer a game without players who are that "hardcore".

That said, there are old time players still around. :)

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 4

Curious what you guys did to get banned. Must have been pretty bad. The first step of atonement is admitting what you did and it's wrong :)

42 minutes ago, Alpengeist said:

Curious what you guys did to get banned. Must have been pretty bad. The first step of atonement is admitting what you did and it's wrong :)

Ive sent rare items in the mail that werent rare. Of course they didnt know that until they received the mail since item rarity wasnt shown back then in the mail until they received it and paid the cod.

Edited by nitram20

15 hours ago, Singapura said:

We all know wurm is a very complex and time consuming game. I am wondering if the players who have been banned in the past get another chance to play the game.

I am sure many of them have a year + playtime and they loved the game but its a pain to start over. Buying an account is fine but nothing like your OG account.

I think the game is in a state when it could use some old time hardcore players. I know people get banned for a reason and its not out of thin air. But I still think they could have a look at it again. That's how I feel please share your thoughts.

RMT, including buying accounts, is banned, so they'd have to start over. If they were given permanent bans then the moderators believe that the game is better off without those players, I don't see why they'd want to revert such bans.

The rules are pretty straightforward to begin with, I don't see what players, whom were permanently banned for not being able to follow those rules, could really add to the game on the positive side. So personally I'd say let the bans stand.

Yet they have no issues with me playing the game, as they have told me i can play on another character. 
So clearly its not about them not wanting the banned players to play or believe that the game is better off without them, otherwise they would be chasing them off or re-banning them if caught

Edited by nitram20

It depends on the reason you have been banned. 

Accounts banned for macros and such are informed they are welcome to make new accounts to play. 

Players specifically removed are not welcome back, and we will not be changing this. 

• Like 4