Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rudyszwedin

Steam server map please

On 7/24/2020 at 7:56 PM, Kelody said:

If someone does a community map, please make the map opt-out (like deli) not opt-in (like indy). The Indy map is near useless if your lost as only about 10% of the deeds are listed.

So many people don't even use the forums. I think it's more unfair to the people who don't want their deed on the map to have it opt out than it would how you're suggesting. Not to mention all the extra work involved in maintaining a map with all of the deeds. It has been tried in the past to have opt-out. It's never worked.

I get wanting to use deeds to figure out where you are on a map, but there are more ways than just deeds to do find your way around. :)

Edited by Yumi

116043451_10158905646072112_276853480157my new home on harmony.  already starting roads to heartland

On 7/28/2020 at 8:25 PM, Yumi said:

So many people don't even use the forums. I think it's more unfair to the people who don't want their deed on the map to have it opt out than it would how you're suggesting. Not to mention all the extra work involved in maintaining a map with all of the deeds. It has been tried in the past to have opt-out. It's never worked.

I get wanting to use deeds to figure out where you are on a map, but there are more ways than just deeds to do find your way around. :)

Deli map is opt-out and it looks to be doing well. Few people using the forums is exactly why opt-out is needed. Personally, I think if you want people not to deed next to you, having your deed on the map is beneficial, instead of a open invitation of an unclaimed area. If not finding your way around, or finding where to deed, why else would you use a map?

10% or 35%, it's still not even close to most of the deeds on the Indy map. While I appreciate the work put into making it, it degrades the overall usefulness.

Edited by Kelody