Sign in to follow this  
Samool

New UI Public Testing

Just now, Keenan said:

That space is reserved for status text.

pLjaBzp.png

Can the status text be put on the darker bit at the bottom (like where you type in chat windows), so normal stuff can fill the whole transparent area?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LionIX said:

Can the status text be put on the darker bit at the bottom (like where you type in chat windows), so normal stuff can fill the whole transparent area?

KqF7lEY.png

The darker bit at the bottom is the progress bar. It's pretty much the same layout as on the old UI.

4 minutes ago, RavenLure said:

I can do test preview not live preview

I can't reproduce this. I just reinstalled and everything works. Perhaps a bad install? What OS?

Ok, thanks on the event window. It looks a lot better once you get into combat (and that other text starts to show up) :)

Here's example of suggested right-click menu change.

Spoiler

Mi6SYKX.png

• Like 3

When on the test server without the preview client I cannot see my equiped weapon and shield. I cannot drag a weapon to the character page to equip something. I can use the equip action to equip items and I can see them equiped but cannot see them on character screen. I can see armor. Only tested long sword and shield which i started with and two handed axe.

1 minute ago, Trithian said:

When on the test server without the preview client I cannot see my equiped weapon and shield. I cannot drag a weapon to the character page to equip something. I can use the equip action to equip items and I can see them equiped but cannot see them on character screen. I can see armor. Only tested long sword and shield which i started with and two handed axe.

That's a test server exclusive issue, fixes itself after a relog. This testing thread is regarding the Live Preview client, not Test Preview.

• Like 1

Hover over enchanting list shows "Null 50" for steel rune of Vynora.

Can only lock or unlock the select bar on startup before you select anything.

Adding annotations seems to be out of alignment for me with the annotation ending up 1 tile further to the right and half a tile to the bottom. I've got a 21:9 resolution (3440x1440) in windowed mode.

I use forge to heat up my food before i eat 

now I  cant see if the food is hot, unless I examine food, hope that can be changed back so it show hot without examine.

Hello again, 

I really like the F button feature, enabling hovering only instead of click and pick, (Ex: When reparing multiple items in your inventory) the only thing I found that I did not like about it is when you have a "pile" of items (carving knives for example) and all need to be repaired, the same function is not available on the pile line, only on the individual item lines. 

can CTRL (move to) be disabled. It conflicts with how my desktop works :(

Actually, i like this new ui, good job. If you guys think would be a good idea to make the progress bar of the actions deatachable, that would be nice

Also, it doesn't show how many items it have inside a container on the toolbelt.

Tacklebox auto-expands when you open the container it is inside.

14 minutes ago, Maiya said:

I use forge to heat up my food before i eat 

now I  cant see if the food is hot, unless I examine food, hope that can be changed back so it show hot without examine.

I just tried it in a forge and it still shows the visual heat indicator but I wont lie it is very small and hard to see. I did have to set my UI to 90 to negate the supersize that is going on in the UI.They should at least add the heat status on the mouseover popup. You also don't have to heat meals anymore for the nutrition.

Would be nice that F works for imp on items when imping inside container. and also to be able to set r to repair...

I used to bind T and R for imp repair actions, unfortunatly R is no longer my repair so had to rebind some other key.

Also icons are missing or messed up on not sure how it's called, select window and option window? (see picture)

KqqzFgE.png

Szsx6Im.png

Just now, Evilvision said:

I just tried it in a forge and it still shows the visual heat indicator but I wont lie it is very small and hard to see. I did have to set my UI to 90 to negate the supersize that is going on in the UI.They should at least add the heat status on the mouseover popup. You also don't have to heat meals anymore for the nutrition.

when did that change so you dont need to heat it up?

I have missed that then :(

Is there a toggle to hide repeat button when hovering over stuff? The white text is pretty big and obnoxious (may be good when first learning function, but too intrusive if you know about it).

Also, can it check if the option is achievable? Shows drink even when I hover over bsb and everything.

Edited by LionIX

The new F: Tooltip is great! However, it might have a small bug. I am low forestry skill, and when I hover over a tree a tile away, the normal tooltip says "Cedar tree", but the F:Tooltip says "F: Pick sprout". For the normal tooltip to give me the text "Cedar tree (sprouting)" I have to move one tile closer to the tree. So, the F:Tooltip gives me the tooltip-information one tile before the "normal" tooltip.

Hello,

Trying out the live - preview client.  Some keybinding come loaded with more than one key for an action.  For example "Toggle skills" has both F2 and K and "Toggle inventory" has both F3 and I.  The "Turn left" and "Turn right" only show the left and right arrow keys.  Thankfully, the Q and E also still works for this.  

First, should it show both keys like skills and inventory?

Second, maybe there should be a space between an action as of now it show "F2K" and "F2I".

Third, how can I bind more than one key to an action using the gui keybind screen myself?

Last, before you bind a key that is already in use, maybe a dialog box saying something like this key is already being used for "action", are you sure you want to remove it.

Thanks for all the hard work,

NecroFizzle

• Cat 1

Escape hover menus are annoying, if you overshoot by dragging your mouse too low, it just closes. Spell effects is now more of a pain to get to (escape, hover, carefully get to the last option, click, click when before it was escape, click, click)

The select window no longer has a button to hide the keybindings displayed over the graphics.

Edited by NecroFizzle
grammar

I've just had a few minutes into using the new UI - I'm so afriad of any changes but looks real fine at the first glimpse.

The default window title texts are way too huge (I guess can be set smaller in text settings?) and text size settings are gone now...

Would also be nice to have smaller line space between items in a list.

A bug I've found: Filter option is missing in container windows, only in my inventory.

All containers default to open when I open a container like a knarr.

Edited by Jaz

If you have a stack of backpacks/satchels/small chests, when you click to expand the stack, it also expands the inventory of the first backpack in the stack.

Also happens when opening my knarr which has 1 item in it, small crate. It expands contents of crate as well.

Edited by LionIX
  • Like 1