Sign in to follow this  
Samool

New UI Public Testing

Been quiet in here for a while now.

Recently I saw a streamer using the old UI again, as well as playing some Wurm Unlimited and experiencing it for myself as well. I've been using the new UI since July now, mostly because I was playing on my laptop while living on the road. I liked scaling the UI larger because I couldn't be very close to a large screen like I'm able at home, and I'm old, and my eyes are not what they used to be.

For about a week now, I've reverted back to using the old UI and I have to agree now, that I actually prefer the old UI. Now you can't say that I haven't tried it, because I have exclusively played with it for the past couple of months.

I just seem to prefer the small and crisp look of the old UI. I'm opening container windows and they're just so unbelievably large from using the new UI, and that's on the PC side on the smallest UI scale possible. Everything just feels so much nicer and more fitting and it's absolutely feels proper for a PC game. The new UI is almost cartoonishly large and clunky in every aspect, and feels like a reskin.

Pro and con of the new tool tips for example as well, they show more information and thus hide more stuff behind it, that I actually would like to be able to see rather than the additional information.

My conclusion: I'm sorry to say that I think taking the old UI away is a step backwards from a better client. The wealth of interaction and the freedom of our inventory system is too great to put on a controller with 6 buttons, so that it's more "streamlined" or "modern" (cynic tongues would say "dumbed down" for appeal).

Edited by Ulviirala
  • Like 1

I started to use new UI for a moment and while font is not that bad as it used to be, it still doesn't match in size, readability or look to the old one, so I think the old font should come back, windows decorations and their titles are also still too big. Here how it looks (90% scaling, resolution 1920x1080):

qC5LpGo.png

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

option or setting to opt-out from the blinking buttons, they are really distracting.. normally we don't need to check every update in event/friends/tickets/skills/combat logs, nor all chat tabs for that matter - yet they all blink constantly

ui still misses option to quick keybind examine or activate actions in new ui

new ui still misses any indication how many actions the player have queued currently (example: improve, repair, improve, repair 4/10 ueued, 6 more actions available to queue for 90ML player), no UI tracks this

UI option to repair all or show gear that's starting to get 5damage or above that? (same for currently used tools?)

option to repair all equipped armor+weapons

• Like 1

new ui still shows same SB bar for 5hours and no ui indication when the timer is above 5h, beside the numbers.. but the visual bar is tied only to 5h alone

searching in crate racks requires expanding of all crates to work, opening the crate rack alone and using the search does nothing(?; nothing visible at least)

to use the feature.. the crate rack have to be opened, the option to expand-all have to be used and than to use the search bar to filter elements; might be intended but looking through tens of these gets annoying

--edit

same functionality appears to be used for bulk container unit(the 4x bsb container)

Edited by Finnn

-

Edited by Yserin
no longer playing, Per the mismanagment of AH update

QwNYhWD.gif

Pretty annoying, please fix?

120% UI render scale

110% text scale

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 8:44 PM, SmeJack said:

closing the irc server tab closes the entire chat window

reposting for next run through of changes

8 hours ago, SmeJack said:

reposting for next run through of changes

I've had this happen as well. It's not every time, but it does happen and is quite annoying.