Sign in to follow this  
Samool

New UI Public Testing

4 hours ago, mysterydate said:

How do i switch back to the old UI 

you need to start the "Choose Client" .exe - from there you can play on the old UI

• Like 1

I'm posting here to ask if we can please make the skill tracker transparent again. It currently has this weird box around it, which sticks out during play. Just snapped this screenshot quick with norender on

X3fl5qX.png

• Like 1

Also using crafting window today to make a guard tower with others, and it's not updating in real time. I can examine the tower and it'll say 77 clay remaining, while crafting window says 80

34 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Also using crafting window today to make a guard tower with others, and it's not updating in real time. I can examine the tower and it'll say 77 clay remaining, while crafting window says 80

This isn't new. The crafting window only updates each time you complete a piece. I've noticed this when working on bridges.

Default action being disembark while mounted needs to get gutted.

Side window in CA Chat still does not display full long names. Resizable columns in general (Inventory) would be great. Probably has been mentioned already in the comments somewhere.

Edited by Xheth

Think it has been mentioned repeatedly (not sure) that special attacks are still missing in the combat window. Pls fix.

The gap at the bottom of the local list after the last name makes it look like that's the last name on the list, whereas the list actually continues:

43fMEXu.png

I suggest removing the tool tip that happens on hover in inventory/items or severely reduce its solid color and size. 

I like the new UI, but due to this tooltip it is making cooking and shuffling ingredients near impossible because the tooltip hides the items under the thing I have hovered. When I am cooking, I don't need this info it is showing me and it makes it hard / impossible to see what I have in my inventory when I have my cursor in there, so I have to switch back to the old UI.

EX of it covering items 

unknown.png 

It has soooo much space in the middle it can be easily sized down and also give the choice of reducing the info in the tool tip. Like no ql DMG, or WT since that is redundant info that can easily be seen already. 

EDIT:  I have look to see if I can disable it but have not found anything to do so, if someone knows how to disable this tooltip, please let me know. I don't wanna stop using the new UI just because of this, but I am sadly because its just a huge pain with all the cooking I do. 

edit: I was just thinking too you could make the hover populate the tooltip more to the left or right as to not cover the items 

Edited by WittleBunnBun

Some other adjustments I think should be made -- I think there are elements from the old UI that were taken out that should be put back in.

1. Revert and Bring back the old chat tab notification flash 

New UI 

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

Old UI 

Spoiler

unknown.png

Reason: The new tabs have 3 colors, dark brown for open, light brown for no new messages & closed, and then dark blue for new messages; These colors are not catching to the eye for alerts because they are all passive and close in hue. 

I recommend bringing the red color back to the notification alert as it was in the old UI  instead of dark blue. I would not change the dark brown & brown tabs because these are easily distinguishable what is the open tab (unlike the old UI). However, I really suggest making the dark blue a different color or even if it was made neon / brighter it would be better, but at this point, my eyes miss new messages all the time due to the passive color. 

2. Make the top UI elements merge-able again & bring back the archery icon

New UI 

Spoiler

unknown.png

Old UI 

Spoiler

unknown.png

Reason: Maybe I am OCD, but I always had my UI elements at top stacked together in a neat and orderly way. Now this is impossible with the new UI because all the elements are sized differently. Please make them in away so they can all fit together again. Also, the ranged icon in the old UI is more intuitive that the one in the old UI. I had no idea what that hand thing was, it looked like it was grabbing some gold. I also suggest reverting this. 

EDIT: 

3. Please change the default action for a vehicle, not to be "embark" but to "open"; also can we get a "F" to "close" button 

Reason: Though embarking is a great thing, all the other default actions are "open" and its confusing when I am on my cart and I wanna open it i click "F" which then proceeds to yeet me off my cart at the worst times. I have heard similar stories of this. So, I recommend to keep all default actions similar, changing "F" to "open" instead of "embark".   

Also, after we "F" to "open" something, can we get a default "F'" to "close". That would be really hand. 

4. I cannot disable the old quickbar after I enabled it

Spoiler

unknown.png

I have relogged multiple times and even tried to disable it via launcher before launching the full game. It seems to have glued itself there and its annoying when the new menu comes down 

Spoiler

unknown.png

Edited by WittleBunnBun

Toolbelt hit box off when set verticle, I try to activate slot 9 and it activates slot 8, seems to work ok set horizontally

Combat window, shield bash needs some kind of indicator when its rdy to use again

Special moves MIA

Chat tabs and skill timers colors need reverted back so you can actually tell when they are rdy

Mouse over items Id needs to be removed or have an option to remove. unneeded and a real pain all day long

Chat tabs need red flash returned so you can see when there is activity

Combat range looks childish, no easy way to tell now when your too far away, yes im old I can not see it

When your fighting a harder creature it used to show white lines left right up down when you attacked it to let you know you could not target that area.

it would be great if we could switch in wich direction the fight window opens up. I wanted to have combat style window on the bottom of the screen but it opened at the bottom and moved itself up.. I'd love to be able to change the anchor pointa6v6pPS.jpg

• Like 1

I agree that this would be good.

To summarize fighting window woes:

• Window should be able to be further minimized
  • Shield bashing should be highlighted/grayed when possible/inactive
  • Special moves must be visible again.

• Like 1

adding onto the combat things, you're not shown when you're stunned (old ui locks itself and shows red, this one just doesn't let you do anything with no indication that you can't), and you're not shown chance to change stance

• Like 3

Getting really annoyed at the windows all jumping around when they suddenly have to make room for or remove a scroll bar, ties back into the columns all being massive and clunky with no room for things you actually need to see and too much space for nothing.

• Like 1

Another annoyance is the default display of container contents:

4wWRtrs.jpg?1

This has actually zero informative value unless resized. It would be desirable if the name column were extended on opening to the last character plus 1 blank, e.g.:

l7KpYHd.jpg?1

Edited by Ekcin
addendum
  • Like 3

The toolbelt is also not showing satchel contents like seeds, so sowing fields with it is no fun.

• Like 2

No matter how many times I set-up crafting window in designated position and lock it, after another log in, it goes like 20-50 pixels to the left.

can we get an option to keep the target window hidden forever? right now if i right click and use hide window is pops up again anytime i fight. i just want an option to never see it again.

On 8/2/2020 at 11:19 AM, WittleBunnBun said:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

I have relogged multiple times and even tried to disable it via launcher before launching the full game. It seems to have glued itself there and its annoying when the new menu comes down .

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

that is not the old quickbar what you show there is the old menu bar, i dont know how to turn that on or off on the new ui but this is the old quickbar.

6yPFUF7.jpg

Edited by Tpikol

On 8/2/2020 at 10:19 AM, WittleBunnBun said:

Reveal hidden contents

That is the "Show old menu buttons (F keys)"

it seems text size can no longer be altered?  I feel this is a bad thing.  Friend of mine has sight issues and needs the chat box at least to be much bigger text.  

Just reiterating that special moves and aim percentage missing is a huge thing and are the reason a lot of people are switching back to old client. I'd love to use the new client, I think it looks awesome but I really need those two things. Thanks!

The 'Send' Button when inscribing paper is sitting over the text layer and can only be pushed when widening the window to full extent.

Not sure if it has been mentioned before or how many times it has but one issue I keep getting is that When I use the R button to repeat actions I've been doing, like farming, and then I do another action with another tool. After that I can't go back to using R for farming because it won't show up again.

Seems to be like this for all actions and I use the R key rather often.

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but in a rowboat at least (so maybe also for a small sailboat) water is often shown inside the boat.  It's actually a pretty good depiction, so I will go with "unintended feature" rather than "bug" but in every trip the first time it happens I think I am sinking!