Sign in to follow this  
Samool

New UI Public Testing

While playing, I've been trying to brainstorm things I would intuitively need/want as an F or R action.... I would love to know what sort of suggestions other players have / what actions Wurmians just do pretty much every day. Here are things I've noticed so far. 

Non-aggro Animals: Groom / Lead / Tame

While Embarked: Open (would be great if Open toggled like "Embark" does - when the cart / saddlebags / etc are Open, the action is Close, and vice-versa)

Water Containers: Drink (instead of Open) / Fill (if you have a liquid container activated)

???

... and just curiously, is it possible to have the R action "default" to Examine when no other repeatable action has been done? 

• Like 2

Text gets grainy on really high settings

0f12516011eb981f5830021af3f4034b.jpg

Edit: Seems to fix itself on a refresh sometimes. Seems to want to go into this state and out of it on embarking/disembarking, doing actions, etc.

Edited by Lotus1

Custom timer:

When it expires, it no longer turns green, it seems to remain black. It really would be nice to return some shade of green, it was much more easily recognizable. Black feels like it is or could be during countdown, a simple info status, but once it reaches the end it would be nice to have green.

Green is the color of "good" system messages, the color that tells the user "it's okay, your stuff has been done", the "OK" color.

Edited by Anarres

Disembark only shows for 1 tile distance when it works for greater distances, probably a result of not showing options on things out of range for most other interactions, but will mention in case it is possible to have it show on more distant tiles where it is an option.

After initially liking the default option being disembark when embarked on a vehicle, I have come to realise that an accidental click could be potentially fatal under the wrong circumstances (when beside a high slope area for example) and that I far more often open the vehicle than I hop off.

I am finding when doing my farming rounds that after a while I am totally losing the suggested actions from screen until I go and undertake a different task or go and interact with something like a container and it will show on mouseover, but if I return to farming the default and repeat options are not showing on screen and pressing the bound keys does nothing. I can't work out what it is that is triggering this, but it doesn't usually happen until I have farmed a fair number of tiles.

Also whilst farming, once I have used the farm action it replaces the sow action on repeat and sticks there regardless of whether I have a seed or rake activated, and regardless of the fact that my last action was to sow.

Update: It seems after a relog, that the 2nd action that goes to repeat sticks, ie if I sow first, repeat becomes sow, and I then farm it goes to farm and stays there. If I farm first, farm goes to repeat, but after sowing it goes to sow and sticks there.

Edited by Delone
Added info
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lotus1 said:

Text gets grainy on really high settings

0f12516011eb981f5830021af3f4034b.jpg

Edit: Seems to fix itself on a refresh sometimes. Seems to want to go into this state and out of it on embarking/disembarking, doing actions, etc.

This happens to me in cave canals if looking down towards the water .

If i look up at the ceiling it returns to normal  , sort of a distance .

I think it has something to do with reflection of above terrain in the water that you can see , ground above ....

• Like 1

• When moving bulk items from a bsb the 'removing items' window has "How many items do you wish to remove?" twice
    uqBrICJ.png

@Lotus1 @Damascus

Can you both post your console.log files? It's quite an odd issue, likely depending on the exact OpenGL version available or the graphics drivers in general, the log should help pinpoint it.

On 7/13/2020 at 2:00 PM, Kasumi said:

• Being able to dock the event tab to the same window as the local tab would be fantastic
    I can move all the other tabs around and if I can just have one window for all the text tabs will also give me less windows and more game space, which makes it far more engaging and immersive for me

Nevermind, I just successfully dragged the local to the event tab, so I can just have one window \o/   Not sure why it didn't want to work other way around...

Ok so this seems to break the Trade and Freedom tabs... Neither of them showed up when things started being posted there. Not 100% sure what I did that made them appear (undocked) all of a sudden (think I pressed enter).  I then docked them to the window with the other tabs. 

When somebody posted again to the trade chat, it would seem that the trade window undocked, but without any tab (its not showing the "Trade" at top of the window), so i can move it around but cannot dock it again....

So all in all, while I can dock the local window to the event one, it seems to seriously confuse the trade and freedom (I'm guessing global chat too - I just don't have that one open) windows....

question: Is there a way to deactivate the double click for attack? I fear a bit for my animals, being used to click at everything for examine, and double click easily happens.

The system message in the CA Help tab is white, when it should be purple:

4uvByjc.jpg?1

When I'm dragging items to a container or shelf I've noticed if I'm not careful I tend to sometimes drop into the one below - feels like the snap point of the drag icon is a little low. Maybe i just need to get used to it if it's down to my scale and resolution.

Also undocked the skills and fight chats to place on a separate part of the screen so that i can see Event and whichever of those I want together. But I need to do this every time I relog, so unless I'm missing how to store this layout I probably won't bother, too fiddly doing every time.

In the manage ships dialog box, the radio check buttons down the left side are dropped down too low and don't line up with the ships (90% UI Windowed resizeable)

(It seems to me to get worse with a large number of ships, and it seems actually more noticeable and confusing in game, than it appears with just this small selection shown here.)

xh2g9uJ.jpg?1

On 7/4/2020 at 2:21 PM, Ulviirala said:

Something that bothers me as well, is that the tooltips when hovering over items, do not display the custom name of the item, or the amount of the item in a bulk container.

For example, when the window is too small, and the name column can't display "satchel, cotton (my stuff)",  I wish the tooltip also said the full name instead of just "satchel" like the old one. Or in a bulk container, when it would say "plank, birchwood (1,550x)", I wish the tooltip would also say that. Because there's now no way to see the amount without resizing the window.

Another things I've noticed that I've relied on often is, when you drag & drop an item onto a container (e.g. BSB) that was named "cedarwood bulk storage bin (ql 50 - 59)", the old mouse-over tooltip also included the name of that, the new one doesn't at all.

This was taken care of and it's now displaying as in the old UI, since it is very helpful <3. It's not yet implemented for another instance, that is for containers inside of containers. For example, dragging an item over a named satchel in your inventory, or dragging something over a crate in a crate rack :)

On 7/13/2020 at 1:55 PM, Amata said:

While playing, I've been trying to brainstorm things I would intuitively need/want as an F or R action.... I would love to know what sort of suggestions other players have / what actions Wurmians just do pretty much every day. Here are things I've noticed so far. 

Non-aggro Animals: Groom / Lead / Tame
While Embarked: Open (would be great if Open toggled like "Embark" does - when the cart / saddlebags / etc are Open, the action is Close, and vice-versa)
Water Containers: Drink (instead of Open) / Fill (if you have a liquid container activated)

Here are a couple more I noticed when reaching for the F or R key.... and not seeing intuitive default actions ready to go- 

Altar: Pray / Sacrifice 

Meditation Rug: Meditate 

Bed: Sleep

Grass Tile: Forage / Botany / Cut Grass  (the way that "dig" pops up for use when mousing over a dirt tile)

** As a note: I would love for F and especially R to be use-able when mousing over items in the inventory.... It's potentially possible bc F is already set up to "repair" for mousing over damaged items. I'm thinking about R functionality for "Improve"  (esp. since F is already bound to repair). Or when using items in the inventory whose default use is obvious or its only use -  food, eat; liquids, drink; lanterns when flint is active, light; etc. Tons of room for expanding the usefulness of this new feature. 

• Like 1

Containers in toolbelt do not show contents (numbers) anymore. Activating contents is working, though. Also, activation in toolbelt by clicking is unreliable. I had it that clicking on one symbol (one time a tool - hatchet, next time the steel&flint) did not work even if I clicked again and again. Other symbols in the toolbelt worked, also activating by slot number. After a while the stale symbol worked too. but some other did not. It is a 10 slot rare toolbelt ql90.

Edited by Ekcin

I have found 2 bugs in the new UI.

1. Hand Mirror is not working.

https://imgur.com/a/Q57ESRX

wq0jpPO.png

2. Filtering broken

I was able to use the filtering in the inventory in a way that it was hiding items. It was not possible to reset the filter, I had to relog.

What I have done:

- search for saw

- click all the icons once

- remove the search word (x)

Afterwards the lunchbox, whetstone and pelts are gone.

https://imgur.com/a/PMrzO4H

Before:

qiiynxZ.png

After:

aRAolTU.png

In the right click menu - Has anyone mentioned that having Examine and Emotes as icons, and other actions in the standard list format doesn't feel very intuitive? 

I know a few people that have initially wondered where emotes had gone, and I've personally accidentally clicked "Equip" instead of "Examine" a few times. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it just doesn't feel very natural in my opinion.

NOMGIZp.png

Edited by BrokenSanity
  • Like 3

On 7/12/2020 at 2:47 PM, SmeJack said:

would be nice if the chat tabs that have new content could be a little bit more jarring, the light blue is so passive I don't even notice it

I definitely agree with this.

MlJjQI8.png

It would be better with red or something else more eye catching.

• Like 1

Pretty much any action that goes to repeat is lost as a repeat action once another action replaces it.

Crop tile:

Activate rake, no suggested action, Farm - goes to repeat, stays there when hovering over any crop tile, including tiles where the crop cannot be tended.

Harvest after farming, Farm is replaced by Harvest on repeat. Further farming actions do not replace harvest. Activate a crop to Sow, still no suggested action. Sow a crop, Harvest is replaced by Sow on repeat. Activate a rake and Farm, Sow remains on repeat. Harvest a crop Sow remains on repeat. Neither of the replaced actions will now come up as repeatable actions.

Activate grooming brush, groom horse. Groom comes up on repeat (ONLY on the horse that was groomed, not on any other horse, which is kind of ironic seeing as it was the only horse I could not currently groom) Go back to farming, neither Farm, Harvest or Sow will come up on repeat as they have been used, then replaced.

This is reproducible for actions consistently, and is probably the reason I thought the UI suggested / repeat actions were completely breaking after a while. They are not, but they just run out of actions they will show once you have been playing for a while.

Honestly think that in its current state you would be better going to Steam launch with the old UI, the new one is currently too broken and inconsistent to not make the game look half finished. The old UI may be lacking features, but at least they all worked.

While I'm here, I think that "Take" as a suggested action should be removed - comes up on way too many items and will probably promote a mindset amongst new players that everything is up for grabs, regardless of whether it is theirs or not. If you are going with the current suggestion that stealing is frowned upon on Freedom servers, don't suggest to the new players that they should take everything they hover their mouse over :)

Edited by Delone
Added info

On 7/15/2020 at 11:12 PM, Caroc said:

When I'm dragging items to a container or shelf I've noticed if I'm not careful I tend to sometimes drop into the one below - feels like the snap point of the drag icon is a little low. Maybe i just need to get used to it if it's down to my scale and resolution.

Have also noticed myself doing this fairly frequently, the drop point of the "Hand" is not consistent with the "Arrow", so when you release with them in a similar position on screen the lower drop point from the "Hand" is often on the top of the line below and items are dropped there.

13 hours ago, Thassadar said:

2. Filtering broken

I was able to use the filtering in the inventory in a way that it was hiding items. It was not possible to reset the filter, I had to relog.

What I have done:

- search for saw

- click all the icons once

- remove the search word (x)

Afterwards the lunchbox, whetstone and pelts are gone.

https://imgur.com/a/PMrzO4H

Before:

qiiynxZ.png

After:

aRAolTU.png

From the look of your screenshots this may be related to the filter items Icons at the end of the search box not being real clear when they are on or off, so you have filtered out an item by type. I think it would be very helpful if the background colour on the icons was to completely change when they are active / inactive to make this much more visible, instead of the very subtle popped up / down change.

After opening a dropped recipe, the minimize and close icons would highlight when moused over, but clicking on either of them did not work.

SI5iJwA.jpg

3oSpnNq.png

Seems like the ql window is to small now for the numbers(running at 90% scaling rest all default for text)

Keybinding to display skill tracker does not work,  I only tested tracker 1

When opening skill tracker from HUD settings, tracker 2 is displayed, I expected tracker 1